Sponsored

Need Help! Picked up my Maverick today but dealer wants me to pay for dealer installed options after bringing home

JBillinois

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all, I'm in need of help big time. I ordered my Maverick in October 21, 2021 and just picked it up today. There was no special private offer. No price protection, just the sticker price. I raised the issue to the manager but got nothing.

I took it home and they just called saying they forgot to charge me for the dealer installed options and asked me how I will be paying for those.

I signed the bill of sale. I have it at my house. I'm furious. After 17 months, this is my experience. What the heck?

What are my options?
Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are threads on here on how dealers can find your private offer if they followed the rules. It sounds like some dealers don't know the procedure. Tim Bratz has a video on the Long McArthur YouTube channel "Episode 68 All the facts about Ford's transition private offers".

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are threads on here on how dealers can find your private offer if they followed the rules. It sounds like some dealers don't know the procedure. Tim Bratz has a video on the Long McArthur YouTube channel "Episode 68 All the facts about Ford's transition private offers".
Tim Bratz! He has oversized eyes and head and wears trendy clothing.
Ford Maverick Need Help! Picked up my Maverick today but dealer wants me to pay for dealer installed options after bringing home 7B242709-A672-496A-8C26-156139870D1C

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I sure wouldn’t be paying for ANYTHING they are trying to get money for from you now, after you’ve signed off on the truck and taken it home.

Are these options you ordered with the truck, that are dealer installed? (As opposed to things like paint protection you didn’t order, but the dealer threw on without telling you about, and wants you to pay for. )

How much are they saying you owe? Compared to the private offer that you didn’t get?

The two are entirely different things … And you are only entitled to the private offer IF the dealer put your initial order for the unbuilt MY22 truck through Ford’s COVP buyer verification process, which tied that order to you, a specific buyer.

You are a hybrid owner — had you gotten a VIN for your MY22 truck that didn’t get built? And did that order get an automatic rollover to a MY23 build? If so, you should be OK for getting the private offer.

You still can get the private offer, in the form of a check from Ford … But you need to work through the dealer and his Ford rep to get it, since it didn’t show up when you got the truck.

And that doesn’t sound promising.

If the dealer- installed option costs he’s looking for are legitimate — and someone else would have to tell you how payment for dealer- installed options on your order work — then you could try saying “help me get my private offer check, and we’ll discuss.”

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

JBillinois

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are dealer installed. They called me to pick it up, and I signed all the paperwork and am home now. They didn't quote me yet on the amount, I ended the call and told them I'll call them back.

I need to determine my approach. Talk directly with the owner? This is messed the heck up.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly what dealer installed options and at what price?

Do you have both the truck and dual-signed purchase agreement in your possession? Did you finance, and where? Is the finance agreement consistent with your purchase agreement and is it dual signed?

Rolmav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are dealer installed. They called me to pick it up, and I signed all the paperwork and am home now. They didn't quote me yet on the amount, I ended the call and told them I'll call them back.

I need to determine my approach. Talk directly with the owner? This is messed the heck up.
Are you showing the deal-installed options on your window sticker? If they are true dealer-installed options/accessories from Ford, they are included in the window sticker price and shouldn't be paying anything unless they fudged the paperwork.

Did you order Ford accessories with your build?

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call them up. Start out saying, I am recording this call for quality control purposes Then put them on hold for 10 minutes. Play some music with lots of static in it. Then hang up.

When they call you back ask if you could put them on hold for 3 minutes. Have a couple of roosters making noise in the background.

Tell them you have no extra money and if they never told you about the add on you will not pay them any more money. If they insist you pay, tell them you will have to transfer them to a level 2 personnel.

Say all level 2 personnel are busy and the wait time will be 45 minutes.

Hang up again.

Sponsored

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the no Private Offer Issue. Got in a argument over it with the sales manager, so after 4 days sent the owner an email. He finally got me a private offer, not the right one but something.

But these options added is probably encouraged by the owner.

Couldn't hurt to try, that's what I did.

DuffCon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I signed all the paperwork and am home now.
A deal is a deal. Would you be able to call them back after signing the paperwork and say you should get a discount? That's not how contracts work.

Tell them to pound sand. They're just hoping you'll come back and give them more.

phillipl8

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the price on the bill of sale the same as you paid or more? If it is the same, I would think you would be in control of future payments.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They still have your title.

Do you know anyone in the state Attorney General's consumer protection office?

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you didn't order those add-ons, then I would forget about them. If you did order them and they forgot to charge you, let you conscious be your guide. In my neck of the woods, it's not uncommon for dealers to charge $1000 or more for a spray wax job.
Sponsored