Sponsored

Need Help! Picked up my Maverick today but dealer wants me to pay for dealer installed options after bringing home

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A deal is a deal. Would you be able to call them back after signing the paperwork and say you should get a discount? That's not how contracts work.

Tell them to pound sand. They're just hoping you'll come back and give them more.
This plus pursue your private offer. The dealer is likely getting YOUR money from Ford and pocketing it.
Sponsored

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Most states don’t have a “cooling off” period meaning once the deal is signed and you take delivery then you can’t return it if you have buyers remorse.
Same for them in reverse.

Just no, it’s a done deal. If they insist then have them take you to court. It would be small claims court and you have a solid contract in place. You have a 99.9999 percent chance of winning. The downside is any warranty repair and their willingness to help.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If indeed you are trying to get the dealer to help with your private offer, I would not burn too many bridges too quickly. I would get an appointment with the Sales Manager to start with, then work your way up the food chain as needed all the way to the owner. Try to follow the chain of command. Like others have said, if these are things dealer added as part of their packages, just tell them to remove them and that settles it. As a side note: I had one trying to sell me a Honda that had leather seats and added "fabric protection package" of $300. You can figure out how that came out.

Canuck in MI

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Umm.. You have not provided a single detail on these "dealer installed options" and are asking for advice? All the details would help the forum members provide you with an educated response.

As others mentioned, if they are items that were part of your original order, then you definitely owe them for the options but as others mentioned, are they on your window sticker? If so, then you paid for them already.

If they are items the dealer has decided they want to add in order the increase their profit like "wheel locks", "Glass etching", paint or fabric protection, pin stripes or other items, I'd tell them you never asked for them so you are not going to pay for them. I've never had an issue in declining those items even if they were already in the vehicle.

As for the private offer money, yes- if the dealer properly converted your order over, then you are due some money. If you call the Ford Maverick information line (I don't have it handy), they can look it up and tell you if there is a private offer under your order and name as well as the amount. You will need your VIN and order number. Both of these are on the window sticker and the line should be able to help you with identifying it on the window sticker.

Getting that info is key to your next course of action with the dealer. If Ford can validate that you have a private offer -they will also give you the offer code which the dealer can also validate.

If Ford tells you that you have no private offer and it was a cancelled '22 order converted to a '23, then the dealer messed it up and there is zero recourse as Ford won't retroactively (to my knowledge) refund it. I doubt the dealer will admit to the error and provide the discount out of pocket and since you signed all the paper work, there really is no recourse either way.

Good luck

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I paid what was on my build sheet. Dealer added options were not on my build sheet.

Sponsored

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is not the place to ask these questions.

I think someone also suggested what I will suggest: Direct your questions to your state's Attorney General (in California, it’s a Public Inquiry Unit).

If you do (accidentally) pick up the phone when the dealer calls, I would suggest:
1. Get the person's name, title, and contact information (since you need to document all correspondence)
2. Ask them to write and send via certified mail a) An itemized list of the additional charges; b) The amended changes they want to make to the contract (which you are not to agree to verbally or written without consultation with a legal person) and, c) A detailed explanation why these are missing from the contract both parties executed. And,
3. Inform them that all correspondence must be made in writing from now on and not to call.

You want something in writing and not over the phone to give to the Attorney General's consumer protection folks.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be surprised to see dealer installed items on the Ford window sticker. They would potentially be on a supplemental sticker. At a minimum, they should be on the Purchase & Sale agreement portion of the paperwork you signed when you picked up the truck.

If they are on paperwork you signed, you're probably on the hook for them, but you can try making payment contingent on them helping you get the private offer. But that's just a suggestion; you should probably consult an attorney so someone who knows how the law in your state applies can tell you accurately what you are and are not responsible to pay.

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Niro; battered NIssan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know Illinois law, but I suspect they are controlled by the Uniform Commerical Code. If they put stuff on the truck that you didn't ask for, I think they are SOL. But you need to talk to a local lawyer about it. If the charges aren't that much, it might not be worth it. And it may also be a good idea to call the attorney general's office. My guess is that Illinois (on the Third Coast) has strong consumer protection laws. To say this is sleazy kind of understates it. And that they were too dumb to squeeze it out of you before you got the truck suggests they are dumb crooks.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just know there is "unjust enrichment" in business. Not saying this falls into that, but could depending on state, what the options are, if they were ever discussed, etc. In general I fall into the "screw them you have a contract" camp. But there are asterisks on that...

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most states don’t have a “cooling off” period meaning once the deal is signed and you take delivery then you can’t return it if you have buyers remorse.
Same for them in reverse.

you have an offer and acceptance for consideration ($) therefore an executed contract. i had a similar occurrence a few years ago when I bought a truck that the salesman/sales manager/finance manager wrote up and signed with the incorrect price (which I realized and immediately agreed to the contract and wrote a check). I didn’t pick up the truck until a few days later and in the interim received an email asking me how I was going to pay for their mistake. I reminded them of contract law and never head another word. Picked up the truck without incident.

mhw21zap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all, I'm in need of help big time. I ordered my Maverick in October 21, 2021 and just picked it up today. There was no special private offer. No price protection, just the sticker price. I raised the issue to the manager but got nothing.

I took it home and they just called saying they forgot to charge me for the dealer installed options and asked me how I will be paying for those.

I signed the bill of sale. I have it at my house. I'm furious. After 17 months, this is my experience. What the heck?

What are my options?
Wow. I ordered on the same day as you and picked MY Maverick up this afternoon. I had a major back and forth with my dealer who said they would do be doing the private offer. He INSISTED that Ford would be cutting me a check for the $2,750 to which I kept repeating is not the case. I had them sign a form with the cash amount, my VIN + info, and got the Sales Manager's "word" that this was not a scam and that while they (the dealer) were not responsible, that FORD would be sending. a check (4-5 weeks from now.

I had no other choice but to take it. I need this truck. I want this truck. The manager told me, "Do you think I'd risk being sued for something as small as $2,700? I will give a copy yourself of our signed document and you can just wait for Ford's check"

I don't believe a check is coming, I will fight this, but, in the end, I had to take delivery and I couldn't be more stoked with my truck. Keep in touch, because we may have a similar battle and/or some information to help one another.

Happy St. Maverick's Day!
Sponsored