JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For assembly I ended up inserting the two main pole sections while the tent was on the ground and then lifting the partially assembled tent onto the truck bed and proceeding with install from there. That process was simple enough once I figured it all out. I was flying blind because I didn’t have the instructions at that time ( install instruction pages were stuck together and I thought they were missing ). Looking at the instructions now it shows that my method was not the correct process, I’m not sure how much easier the recommended method might be.

The rear opening is mesh, although you can also zipper that mesh section closed so that there is no exposed opening.

I don’t think bugs/dirt would be an issue. Seems pretty tight to seal out that kind of thing.

There are three main items in the tent bag: the tent, the tent poles, and the straps. The tent bag is large enough that it easily stores all of the items when packing away. It’s not one of those scenarios where you need origami skills to get the tent to fit after the initial removal from the perfect factory fold. See pics below

IMG_1122.jpeg

IMG_1123.jpeg
Thank you for the info! I should get mine by the end of the week. Just curious, what did you end up paring this tent with?

I mean, what is your setup on your truck bed? Cots? Inflatable mattress? Sleeping pads?

I ended up with the BamBeds which is pricey but looks and feels great!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hammer

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for the info! I should get mine by the end of the week. Just curious, what did you end up paring this tent with?

I mean, what is your setup on your truck bed? Cots? Inflatable mattress? Sleeping pads?

I ended up with the BamBeds which is pricey but looks and feels great!
You’re welcome! I’m still trying to figure out my bedding option. I’m currently leaning toward a memory foam rollout mattress instead of inflatable mattress because I find them a little more comfortable.

Looking at this model: BETTER HABITAT SleepReady Portable Floor Mattress & Guest Bed | https://a.co/d/50GvCzT

FordRick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Napier Tent for Maverick - 40% off expires today PXL_20230421_190919300
Finally got to go camping to test out the tent. Here are some thoughts about the tent.
It worked really well for us. My initial concern regarding not having any windows is real. It was 82° with a 12 mph wind. The wind helped keep it cooler. But unless you park in shade, it's going to be a hot box. Knowing that, I can work around that issue. Nighttime was good. I'm confident that there'll be no issues with bugs or rain. I wanted to go with an affordable option before buying a rack or rooftop tent. After camping I feel that's this option works well for my needs. I won't be needing to "upgrade".
Sponsored