First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SIlverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Maverick on 10/27 ahead of the November cut off date. 2 weeks ago I still had no confirmation from Ford on my order. So I did 2 things. I asked the dealer to follow up with Ford and get me a written confirmation of my build. I also have family in upper management at Ford HQ.

The family member got information that Fords system will not accept my order due to multiple components being on back order. I ordered the XTL Hybrid with the luxury package, 360 co-pilot, sunroof and sliding back window.

Ford has no answer for the system issue at this time. There are actually Ford employee's who have the same issue of no order confirmation.

Got a call from the dealer yesterday to inform me that cannot get me into the 2022 model year build due to the Ford System issue and the year now being sold out.

They offered me a MY 2023 expedited build date. Since, with all the delays I was not expecting to see my truck until summer of 2023 anyway I agreed to this MY 2023 build as long as they honored my MY 2022 build sheet price. Dealer says they will take the request up to Ford. Waiting in the news on what will be done there.

I suggest to all of you with an order and no confirmation to follow up with your dealer and see if you are going to get a MY 2022 build.

When I hear about if they will hold the pricing or not, I will revisit this post. If they will not hold the price, Ford and I are going to have a battle Since I have a valid build sheet in their system prior to their end of order deadline.....

Good luck to all of my fellow Maverick buyers.....
Sponsored

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer likely never completed the required order verification to prove it was for a customer. Hybrid orders got cancelled after the cutoff date for paperwork if they weren't submitted and approved by Ford.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Considering they gave a $2200 credit to those that ordered a 4K tow package with FWD I am sure they will honor the 2022 price as there are probably fewer people in your situation than the 4K package issue. I would imagine that the increase in 2023 price(which is inevitable because all raw materials have gone up significantly) might be around that same range as the credit that was given.

Keep us posted!!

FE Hyb. 710

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I ordered my Maverick on 10/27 ahead of the November cut off date. 2 weeks ago I still had no confirmation from Ford on my order. So I did 2 things. I asked the dealer to follow up with Ford and get me a written confirmation of my build. I also have family in upper management at Ford HQ.

The family member got information that Fords system will not accept my order due to multiple components being on back order. I ordered the XTL Hybrid with the luxury package, 360 co-pilot, sunroof and sliding back window.

Ford has no answer for the system issue at this time. There are actually Ford employee's who have the same issue of no order confirmation.

Got a call from the dealer yesterday to inform me that cannot get me into the 2022 model year build due to the Ford System issue and the year now being sold out.

They offered me a MY 2023 expedited build date. Since, with all the delays I was not expecting to see my truck until summer of 2023 anyway I agreed to this MY 2023 build as long as they honored my MY 2022 build sheet price. Dealer says they will take the request up to Ford. Waiting in the news on what will be done there.

I suggest to all of you with an order and no confirmation to follow up with your dealer and see if you are going to get a MY 2022 build.

When I hear about if they will hold the pricing or not, I will revisit this post. If they will not hold the price, Ford and I are going to have a battle Since I have a valid build sheet in their system prior to their end of order deadline.....

Good luck to all of my fellow Maverick buyers.....
Sorry to hear that, Hingeman. It would be really bad business for Ford not to honor your 2022 build price. In fact, they should give you a price reduction. Hopeful that this works out ok for you.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer likely never completed the required order verification to prove it was for a customer. Hybrid orders got cancelled after the cutoff date for paperwork if they weren't submitted and approved by Ford.
I think he stated the reason " The family member got information that Fords system will not accept my order due to multiple components being on back order. I ordered the XTL Hybrid with the luxury package, 360 co-pilot, sunroof and sliding back window. "

Stirring the pot at this point is not helpful.

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Maverick on 10/27 ahead of the November cut off date. 2 weeks ago I still had no confirmation from Ford on my order.
Three questions:
1. Did the dealer take a copy of your drivers license and submit it to Ford?
2. Did you pay a deposit and did dealer submit proof of deposit to Ford?
3. Did you sign the build sheet? And did dealer send signed copy to Ford?

My guess is dealer did not follow proper procedures and just making excuses.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry this happened to you but honestly Ford will only react to a “class action” law suit. After your first meeting with an attorney, and his 3 rd unanswered letter to Ford, you have spent more than the cost of your truck.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

They offered me a MY 2023 expedited build date. Since, with all the delays I was not expecting to see my truck until summer of 2023 anyway I agreed to this MY 2023 build as long as they honored my MY 2022 build sheet price.
You didn’t expect to get your truck until summer of 2023 anyways?
You definitely had low expectations from the start then!

Sounds like the dealership dropped the ball with the right person’s order then. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Keep in mind, there will be some that won’t take delivery of their hybrid orders, so there will be some hybrids available this year. Your dealer should give you first dibs on all the hybrids that people back out on for MSRP.

OP
OP
Hingeman

Hingeman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SIlverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You didn’t expect to get your truck until summer of 2023 anyways?
You definitely had low expectations from the start then!

Sounds like the dealership dropped the ball with the right person’s order then. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Keep in mind, there will be some that won’t take delivery of their hybrid orders, so there will be some hybrids available this year. Your dealer should give you first dibs on all the hybrids that people back out on for MSRP.
It is not a dealership issue, Ford has confirmed it is an issue in their system.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your order got cancelled because it wasnt properly completed by the dealer, not because of your options chosen.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry this happened to you but honestly Ford will only react to a “class action” law suit. After your first meeting with an attorney, and his 3 rd unanswered letter to Ford, you have spent more than the cost of your truck.
:rolleyes:

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who would the class be, and what monetary damages have these people incurred?

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is not a dealership issue, Ford has confirmed it is an issue in their system.
Ford confirmed it is too late to order a hybrid. If your dealer had sent the proper information to Ford before 11/17, you would have been fine.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with the other posters. You should have received an order confirmation within 24 hours from Ford after your dealer submitted the order. Since you did not, the dealer did not submit the order correctly.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Who would the class be, and what monetary damages have these people incurred?
I believe Ford paid up for one of their Turbos and is facing another one soon due to 1.6 turbo that overheats and cracks the block. A class action represents numerous people harmed by doing or not doing something. One person has to have huge pockets to pay for a lawsuit against a multi international company with lawyers for their lawyers lawyers.
Sponsored