Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no sales tax if u buy from a private party here
Not in my state. When you go to register and license the vehicle you still pay a sales tax even though you bought it from a private party.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What kind of response are you expecting to this revelation?

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could buy a new car here on the 1st and pay tax. Sell it on the 2nd and the state gets tax again. It is a racket.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny how 'common' and 'easy to get' the Maverick is. Still only see another one ocassionally where I live. Local dealer only gets 16 or so a year and when one shows up on the lot is gone in a couple days. A good friemd of mine who lives in eastern Montana just took delivery of his Lariot AWD. He orderd in 2022. Guess it depends on where you live and how large your dealership is.
Your friend in montana,,that ordered it in 2022....So is it a '23 or '24 Maverick??

Sponsored

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a Maverick Lariat AWD in February and my tracker says it will be delivered this week. I believe my Dealer will sell it for straight up sticker if anyone is looking for one. I bought a different Lariat a few weeks ago that someone else backed out of.

IMG_5264.jpeg
I did the same thing: got tired of waiting and when my Ford rep sent me a photo of one that was not purchased, I snapped it up.

BG21Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Mustang Harley-Davidson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a Maverick Lariat AWD in February and my tracker says it will be delivered this week. I believe my Dealer will sell it for straight up sticker if anyone is looking for one. I bought a different Lariat a few weeks ago that someone else backed out of.

IMG_5264.jpeg
This seems to be a pretty big group on this forum these days, so I guess not a surprise that there's a few of us looking to sell our trucks. I did a road trip with mine so it's a used, 4,000 mile but as I'm taking $4,000 off what I paid. Paid. I am getting some hits. 2024 Lariat EcoBoost in terrain, towing package. I'm sure your truck will be jumped on by somebody, who doesn't want to wait.

Ford Maverick My maverick is coming in this week and I am not buying it PXL_20240320_193344939

Kro-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Maverick engine failed, so I got rid of it, sold it for roughly sticker price + tax after driving it a year.

I would not buy another Ford. So, Frisco Ford here in North Texas will have a white XL in early June if anyone wants one. I had ordered a new one and it is finally getting built.

I agree with other posts on here, the days of buying new vehicles and marking them up is over. Even for the Hybrids. I got out just in the nick of time to get my money back.

Last edited:

Sonicaceman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick, 2017 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not in my state. When you go to register and license the vehicle you still pay a sales tax even though you bought it from a private party.
You must live in NY. I’ve lived in Western NY my whole life and you can buy and sell a vehicle a hundred times and there is tax everytime it’s registered for the sale amount no matter how many times it’s done. Kind of crazy but what are you to do 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blitz-Hacker

Blitz-Hacker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You must live in NY. I’ve lived in Western NY my whole life and you can buy and sell a vehicle a hundred times and there is tax everytime it’s registered for the sale amount no matter how many times it’s done. Kind of crazy but what are you to do 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ohio is the same way. They love this Maverick madness

Jevaughn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason Vaughn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my XL Hybrid on Oct. 23rd and didn't get it until April 4th. It was built on 2/29/24 and didn't get to my dealer until 4/1. The local dealers are taking any that are ordered and not purchased and marking them up 7500 or more and selling them within a few days, and that applies to any trim/engine combo but especially the hybrids. The manager of the used car section offered me 2k over my price to sell it to his lot, saying he had buyers already lined up for any Mav hybrid that came in. I'm just glad I got mine. So far, so good. First car I've owned since a teenager in the 90's that didn't have power mirrors though, I didn't see that one coming.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Reading this forum it appears the average person orders 4 Maverick, 2 Ranger, 1 F-150 and maybe purchases 1 of the 7.
Guilty!😂

Jcar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat, 2010 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a 24 XLT Hybrid in Minnesota in July, 23. It was finally built in January, 24, but by that time I had bought a new Lariat in Arizona. Cost wise, the dealership in Arizona was adding $2500 to the MSRP. I'm not sure what the dealership in MN did with the price on the one I had ordered.

RAW4278

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ROBERT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it only shipped on 4/10 it will be more like 3 weeks to a month before it gets delivered.
Not bad then.mine was built 12/21,shipped 12/23 and received 1/16.good luck and enjoy when it comes.i love mine.
Sponsored