Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Found this module scouring the forum and decided to give it a go and make an install video while I was at it (Dont judge its my first install video lol). The seller added options for whether you have remote start!

MyMavMode Ford Maverick Drive Mode Selector Module ECO Default | eBay

Intall video:

I hated having to switch to Eco mode every time I started and after a maybe 20-30 minute install my Mav automatically goes to Eco mode perfectly. The eBay seller does reach out to you to ask you what mode you want set as default so it doesnt have to be eco if you dont want. Highly recommend this module!
Sponsored

Last edited:

fourjays30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for this info. I just ordered the module.

JDisME

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where are the self proclaimed nerds running the numbers to see where the ROI is on 42mpg to 44 mpg? We NEED to know!

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it's 2 MPG, that alone is worth it to me. A gallon of gas in California is $5.

I like the way eco mode drives the best!

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I like the way Slippery drives the best.
Try it consistently for a few days.
(Most effective in city conditions.)

Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the way Slippery drives the best.
Try it consistently for a few days.
(Most effective in city conditions.)
Nice thing about MyMavMode, it's pretty easy to change which mode it defaults to.

OP
OP
Javskies

Javskies

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I honestly like Eco because the bogginess of the accel pedal reminds me that I dont need to 0-60 off every light especially when the next one just turned red lmao

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You buy an unknown electronic device made by some unknown guy on eBay and you splice it into your transmission harnass? Got it.
Transmission harness?

When you push the driving mode button in your Maverick, it is shorting one wire of a 40 pin connector to ground, and the IPC is reading that and making changes accordingly. Electronics and car enthusiasts have been using timers to automate the grounding of wires since the 1970s.

You know how a MOSFET works, right?

Most assuredly, adding a timer to an input for the IPC is nowhere near any "transmission harness"

It might be worth looking at Cuban Redneck's video so that you understand what is going on with modules like this:

OP
OP
Javskies

Javskies

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Transmission harness?

When you push the driving mode button in your Maverick, it is shorting one wire of a 40 pin connector to ground, and the IPC is reading that and making changes accordingly. Electronics and car enthusiasts have been using timers to automate the grounding of wires since the 1970s.

You know how a MOSFET works, right?

Most assuredly, adding a timer to an input for the IPC is nowhere near any "transmission harness"

It might be worth looking at Cuban Redneck's video so that you understand what is going on with modules like this:

Damn you beat me to it, maybe he's just trying to live up to his username

Ford Maverick My Mav Module (Auto set default mode) Install video and review 1690063017446

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anytime you start putting any homemade electonics into a vehicle, possibly voiding the warranty, it doesn't seem smart to me when all you have to do is push a vehicle-designed button to make the change. As a former engineer I saw homemade designs that made me wonder what people were thinking.
Old means a life of experiences versus the sometimes foolishness of youth. I think Einstein said that.

OP
OP
Javskies

Javskies

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As a current engineer, I can not see how splicing a module that sends the same signal that pushing the button does could cause many issues, more so void a warranty because they would have to prove that module caused the issue to begin with. Often times I forget to press that little button because alas I am human and my MPGs suffer because of it, this takes away the factor of human forgetfulness. Never heard that quote by him but have heard this one "Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born"

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anytime you start putting any homemade electonics into a vehicle, possibly voiding the warranty, it doesn't seem smart to me when all you have to do is push a vehicle-designed button to make the change. As a former engineer I saw homemade designs that made me wonder what people were thinking.
Old means a life of experiences versus the sometimes foolishness of youth. I think Einstein said that.
For sure, "modding" a car is not for everyone.

But did you by chance look at the title of the subforum?

Forscan, programmers, tuners etc. is what this is all about. Some people have enough of an understanding of the electronics of their cars that they're willing to modify them slightly to their own benefit and liking. If you are uncomfortable with any of it, I think maybe you should avoid this section.

But this certainly is not the forum to preach warranty concerns.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No.

Is your warranty voided if your wife in the passenger seat presses the button?
How about if your 16 year old (grand)son presses the button?

Still no.

😂

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost