First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny how some just immediately jump in with negativity about something that isn’t even out in the public yet , just test mules , everyone is going to get different gas mileage, because we all drive different , but to just say things like no way this or that is spewing negativity which is to common on these forums.

My 4x4 4cly Colorado gets 24/25mpg on the highway , it’s a beast compared to the maverick, There’s no reason not to expect 26/32ish for this truck unless your a lead foot at stop lights and cruise 90mph + \ - on the highway .

some just can’t wait to chime in being a critic .
I agree with you. I always get better than the EPA estimated gas mileage. Driving conditions (weather) and your driving habits have a huge impact on your MPG!
Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with you. I always get better than the EPA estimated gas mileage.
Hah, well I want to believe EcoBoost >30MPG. There was another report today of an EB trainer getting >30MPG on highway. Maybe Ford really did get it close to the Escape's 2.0L rating. Were there tweaks to the engine? Aerodynamic tests? I'd be curious.

But -- there's always a but -- can EB drivers resist the Boost? I live in the heart of truck country off a road with a lot of mid-size truck traffic and I hear & see a LOT of lead foots, downshifting, "Rev up your engines!"*, overtaking cars, and even overtaking while towing. Few performance cars go down the road but the ones that do you have to look for because their drivers DON'T have lead foots. Plus, EB fans say they need the power. Some do for towing. But alot want that new twin-scroll turbo ... it's just like candy to a kid -- can't resist it! 😝

I'm too utilitarian. Sometimes I drive under the speed limit when nobody is around. I rarely overtake anyone but Grandma. Yup, I'm that guy. But I go the pump less. Goals.

* some of you will get this reference 😁

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably not a good idea. I'm guessing Maverick is like most Fords, fuel pump/filter in the gas tank, having the pump operate without being submerged in gas to keep it cool/avoid sediment ingestion is never a good idea. Sue you might get away with doing this, but why would you?
well, I might have stretched the truth just a teeny weeny little bit there to fit the "our grandpas" theme I responded to. Guess you missed the winky face. I actually learned to drive a stick in Grandpa's corn field in his VW Beetle back in the late 1960's. His other cars at the time were a Ford Falcon and Corvair Pick Up with fold down sides. I probably heard the 1 gallon MPG test thing around 1974 when I had Auto Shop in high School, but I smoked a lot of weed back then so can't remember exactly. I do remember gas was around 25 cents a gallon (Even in CA!) and we really didn't give a shit about MPG back then as most of us Hooligans had motorcycles as our daily drivers :cool:

RE: the warnings about running too low on gas and ruining components- we were always told (back in 1970s again) you would burn up your expensive newfangled Catalytic Converter if you ran too low or out- and you would know it when you smelled that Sulpher gas smell 🤮

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The-X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Havent checked mine recently but I've been going between 26 and 28. My new commute is going to be a lot more highway and less stop-start through town so maybe that will improve it.

It's been better than my old taurus, much as I liked that thing it was a boat. I could barely get 22 in town with some highway. Though long trips I'd get in the 33 area.
Sponsored