Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
Calm down guys, my f150 can approach 30mpg if I ride the sweet spot on the highway. Unfortunately as soon as I hit the surface streets it plummets and I always end up averaging 20mpg. The hybrid maverick will still make the ecoboost look like a gas guzzler.
^This. No way 29+ mpg over 900+ miles (the tank isn't that big). They don't call the mpg average display the "Lie-O-Meter" for nothing. My F150 2.7EB routinely is about ~1.5 mpg off over a tank measured at actual miles traveled/gallons pumped. That's still fairly accurate. I too can show 30+ mpg for short distances on my F150.
Why Your Trip Computer Isn’t Giving Accurate MPG Readings (caranddriver.com)
Sponsored

Pbroph

First Name
Broph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Fusion
Impossible to know when/if MPG was reset at any point. An irrelevant number without context.
When did "Debbie Downer" get in the room, please let us enjoy this moment. Very excited about this entire process, can't wait to see my HPR XLT hybrid !

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They don't call the mpg average display the "Lie-O-Meter" for nothing
LOL. Or "Guess-o-meter".

Only trust your own #s not computers. Our Grandpa's calculated MPG the right way:
  1. Fill-up tank full
  2. Reset trip/odometer
  3. Drive like you always do until near empty
  4. Fill-up tank again
  5. Check trip/odometer
  6. MPG = trip/odometer miles / gallons pumped @ 2nd fill-up
No EPA dyno test in lab. No Ford gadgets. :)

Camodude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
29 mpg certainly sounds reasonable to me. I drive a 2019 Honda Ridgeline and consistently average 26-27 mpg on the highway (actual, not calculated). The Maverick is significantly smaller/lighter and should be able to get better mpg.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So with demos now hitting dealerships you think they are filling the tank with regular or premium? Definitely would affect power output and mileage with that turbo -

Sponsored

OP
OP
TerryE

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So with demos now hitting dealerships you think they are filling the tank with regular or premium? Definitely would affect power output and mileage with that turbo -
This was not a demo, it was a pre-production model from Ford and no demos were allowed.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am guessing Ford or the dealer will be buying the gas for demos when they get them so they are probably using premium for the above reasons. When I bought my 20 Ranger the dealer filled it with premium and that was the only time it got anything more than regular. lol

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This was not a demo, it was a pre-production model from Ford and no demos were allowed.
So are the mannequins actual production units then ?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am guessing Ford or the dealer will be buying the gas for demos when they get them so they are probably using premium for the above reasons. When I bought my 20 Ranger the dealer filled it with premium and that was the only time it got anything more than regular. lol
lol- So the owners manuals mentions states @ higher elevation in which 85 sells as 87 will void the warranty if used in the 2.0L - yowsa

Sponsored

mclumber1

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 STX
LOL. Or "Guess-o-meter".

Only trust your own #s not computers. Our Grandpa's calculated MPG the right way:
  1. Fill-up tank full
  2. Reset trip/odometer
  3. Drive like you always do until near empty
  4. Fill-up tank again
  5. Check trip/odometer
  6. MPG = trip/odometer miles / gallons pumped @ 2nd fill-up
No EPA dyno test in lab. No Ford gadgets. :)
My wife thinks I'm a bit of a nut because I do this every time I fill up my truck, and every time I fill up her Explorer when I'm with her. My hand calculation is also always lower (more honest) than what the computer is calculating in either vehicle by at least 1 MPG, sometimes more.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love how people want to disprove things they see. MPG has many factors as I'm sure you all are aware. For me, I love getting on the highway and get the cruise on, did this with my BMW, 2017 330i with a small tune. On many trips between PHX-SAN I averaged 37 on the highway, the cruise was set at 75. EPA said 35. one trip PHX- Houston, we averaged 36.

So is it possible for the 2L EB Maverick to get 29? It's possible and before anyone says otherwise, your comment is only theory until proven. So does the Maverick has elec steering ?

mrchips0401

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.computerhope.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With that kind of gas mileage and an extra 2000 lb towing capacity 😢 I'm contemplating switching from the hybrid
it would be more sensible to wait for real world stop & go/ city mileage on the 2.0AWD to compare with the hybrid estimate of 40 mpg before switching models order, but either one will be real good.

Diettinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Ford
Just to put that mpg number into context: I have a V6 Buick Lacrosse. Right after an oil change, on brand new tires, on a long highway trip, I have pictures showing it did 33mpg over around 100 miles.

Average mpg over the ~30k miles I've owned it? 18.

Seriously... 18.
Sponsored