Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I continue to be astonished at the number of rear end accidents that are posted here. I think I am going to put a big flag or something on mine............................
Maybe because the Maverick is smaller than most trucks, people think its farther away and hit the brakes too late.
I don't believe there are "more" mavericks being rear ended than any other vehicle. As stated already, rear end collisions are the most common. Combined with that fact that we are all on a Maverick Forum, that's all we see on here. Nobody here is going to post their rear end collision of another brand vehicle on this forum, so we here get a very focused picture of only Mavericks being rear ended, which in turn, leads to a biased picture of Mavericks being rear ended more than other vehicles. Just a thought.

Sucks this happened to you. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I am going to put a big flag or something on mine............................
I just ordered one of these Hitch Mounted Arrow Boards for mine!
Ford Maverick My Lariat was rear-ended on the way to work. Devastated 1673456590913

Tony Rinaldi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! Sorry to see that happen. Hopefully the insurance will set things right.
We hope all has turned out well for you, as we truly know how you feel. In early November while sitting a a red light minding her own business, my wife was hit from behind on the driver's side.We have a 2022 Velocity Blue Lariat Hybrid. Thank God my wife was not physically hurt, but mentally shook up. The other vehicle hit her doing at least 40 to 45 M.P.H. We ordered in June 2021, but didn't receive it until April of this year. Then this happens. Thank God we have recently gotten it back from being repaired. We hope your repair goes well also.

Sponsored

TKranbuhl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me too. The girl who rear ended my Maverick just kept saying how devastated she was about her new car! Roads were were wet and slushy. My Maverick stopped on dime. Five seconds later, Bam!
Been waiting 6 weeks for repair shop to get parts. Her insurance is paying but what a hassle.

TKranbuhl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me too. Maverick rear ended 6 weeks ago. My XLT has Co-Pilot 360 and I think it has better stopping power than most other vehicles, thus more rear end collisions. Took it in this morning for repairs. Waited all this this time for replacement parts. Probably 2 weeks in the shop. Rental is a Jeep Rubicon, which is like driving well, like a Jeep. Cant wait to get my Maverick back.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn this sucks. My wife always gets rear ended in her 2006 Honda Accord. I tell her it's because she actually brakes on yellow. And people following too close.

Sponsored

DC 51 Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really sorry about your accident but believe me I know how you feel.I had an accident with my Area 51 Larriat 2 months after it was purchased. took 3 months and 25,000 in insurance money to make repairs. A lot of that time was waiting on parts. The accident was in another state so I had to rely on Info from somewhere else. Really frustrating!

Ford Maverick My Lariat was rear-ended on the way to work. Devastated 20221015_215716

Ford Maverick My Lariat was rear-ended on the way to work. Devastated 18371

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered one of these Hitch Mounted Arrow Boards for mine!
1673456590913.png
Now I gotta go look for that. Moving farm equipment between fields is taking your life in your hands these days. That would be great to have on my follow vehicle since the hazards are apparently just an invisible suggestion these days.
Sponsored