First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kinda wish the car would stay dead, until I unlocked the doors and turn the key in the ignition. I don't care if it takes a few seconds to fire up the hybrid systems when I turn the key. All that stuff going on just sounds like something that will malfunction in the future and kill the 12v battery.

Cars have gotten too smart for their own good.
As long as talking about WANTS!
if my truck is parked outside I want to send a "get ready" text and have it do it's thing and text me when it's ready to go. (How long will it take at 20 or 30 or 40 degrees ?, Probably several minutes!). As far as too smart = You ain't seen nuttin yet! Looking forward to day (soon?) That three or four neighbors can co-own vehicle that can self drive to house and be used by that person(s). ++++
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kinda wish the car would stay dead, until I unlocked the doors and turn the key in the ignition.
"I'm sorry Dave... I'm afraid I can't do that."

HAL 9000

Last edited:

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My hybrid makes clicking sounds after it's been off for a bit. Sounds like does something locking. Curious anyone else have this issue?
Most new vehicles today have very advanced electronics. When the vehicle has been off for a while the systems wake up and run diagnostic checks etc. This is normal. If you sit in your garage late at night you will hear it do it several times. You can ask the Master Tech at Ford and they will confirm this.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most new vehicles today have very advanced electronics. When the vehicle has been off for a while the systems wake up and run diagnostic checks etc. This is normal. If you sit in your garage late at night you will hear it do it several times. You can ask the Master Tech at Ford and they will confirm this.
Even my 2019 Escape ECO does this, at first it was very discerning but after a whileā€¦.who cares šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe itā€™s running tests, connecting, and sending data. Open up your fordpass app when itā€™s dormant and try updating and checking your tire pressure or such. It will make those noises. After 2 weeks of not being started up it will go into a deep sleep mode to save the remaining battery life.

Ford Maverick My hybrid makes clicking sounds after it's been off for a bit 7CA0CEEE-1381-4884-9F07-64E55BD434F7

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid makes clicking sounds after it's been off for a bit. Sounds like does something locking. Curious anyone else have this issue?
Serious question, is this your first hybrid vehicle?

XLTLUXA51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650r, Suzuki SX4, Buell blast 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2011 Prius did this as well as does my bossā€™s 2021 Dodge Ram 1500

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it advisable to leave your key fob in the car at all times? I heard that can drain the battery due to the close proximity causing the fob and vehicle to constantly communicate with each other.

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Says the guy who bought the hybrid.. šŸ˜œ
Hah very true, I guess hybrids (especially this type) would not be possible without some pretty advanced electronic brains.

Oldopelguy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, various Opels, various MOPARs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My transit clicks around a bit 3 times after it's shut off: firstly when the door opens and the radio turns off and interior lights come on, secondly a couple minutes after shut down when the electric parking brake engages, and thirdly half an hour or so after shut off when the power ports and electronics shut all the way off. I would expect the Mav to be similar.

OP
OP
JoeyCarr

JoeyCarr

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Thanks guys. Now I don't have to feel like skynet was taking over my Maverick. šŸ¤£

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep.

The car has the same 12v features as any car, so it has to sense a fob approaching if it's going to respond to you grabbing the door handle. The clicking you hear when you pull on the door handle is the HVB contacts charging up and closing. There's a lot going on for a moment, then the car comes alive as a hybrid.

No idea what happens next... but temperature will be a big factor.
Mine does too, itā€™s not anything annoying Or bothersome. But Without the key with me the other day I was looking under the truck and heard it. I donā€™t think Iā€™d driven it for hours ā€¦gremlins I guess

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine does it too. I reported in another thread about one of the connectors which was floating around in the engine bay and as I was trying to find a place for it to tie it I would constantly hear these clicks. I initially thought that the clicking were because the cables to the conector got somehow damaged but it seem to be normal to hear these noises.
Sponsored