First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally got my Maverick, lariat, lux, 360, Area 51 and my wife refuses to drive it. Seems that it is missing the feature to save the seat settings for multiple drivers. She will not drive it cause she doesn’t want to hear my mouth when I have to adjust the seat. Life is Good and my Mav is Great.

Ford Maverick My favorite Maverick non - feature 8E43AC98-F2EC-4812-9A01-1C460597106A
Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Happy wife, happy life ....... go buy her one so you can keep this one.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you referring to the MAV or the wife. I can afford another MAV but i am not sure i could replace the wife. :)
MAV .........

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally got my Maverick, lariat, lux, 360, Area 51 and my wife refuses to drive it. Seems that it is missing the feature to save the seat settings for multiple drivers. She will not drive it cause she doesn’t want to hear my mouth when I have to adjust the seat. Life is Good and my Mav is Great.

8E43AC98-F2EC-4812-9A01-1C460597106A.jpeg
My wife doesn’t like the Hot Pepper Red color, but she conceded that this was “my” truck and acquiesced to my buying it.

She’s only driven it once or twice so far. She actually likes the Mav design and is happy to ride and let me drive….Just to keep the mileage down in our VW Passat.:p

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That feature almost killed my dad once on his Ford Flex he used to have. My stepmother is 4'11" and he was close to 6ft. They are older and occasionally forget whos key is which. He got in with her key and started going forward and the pedals came up after him. It was Maximum Overdrive all over again!

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife doesn’t like the Hot Pepper Red color, but she conceded that this was “my” truck and acquiesced to my buying it.

She’s only driven it once or twice so far. She actually likes the Mav design and is happy to ride and let me drive….Just to keep the mileage down in our VW Passat.:p
My wife will casually tell me the velocity blue I picked is ugly but still takes it out when she doesn’t want to drive the Subaru.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife ànd I have learned to (mostly) live with the same seat settings. It works on the Mav and every other vehicle we have owned, except the Volt.

I am 5 inches taller and 80 lbs heavier than her.

Last edited:

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife will casually tell me the velocity blue I picked is ugly but still takes it out when she doesn’t want to drive the Subaru.
Actually the Velocity Blue is both our favorite color for the Mav. It’s not a perfect match but it’s close to the blue of the University of Kentucky; where I’m from and graduated from. If I was ordering from scratch that’s most likely what I would gone with.

Triple Brax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Duh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 1st Ed; Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

8E43AC98-F2EC-4812-9A01-1C460597106A.jpeg
LOL. My wife not only misses the seat memory function, but the lack of power seat adjustment for passenger.

Sponsored

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't have a problem with my wife changing the seat, mirror, etc. settings for her, but she's always apologetic about it. She's driven the Mav twice in the last 3 wks. we've had it.
She says she's going to get brave and do a solo at some point...

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not being able to save seat adjustments is why we agreed not to drive each other’s cars.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Memory settings are nice to have, but I have found I only really like them when the car has a power adjust tilt/telescope steering wheel and the memory functions link to that as well - such as our G70.

Otherwise, seems the steering wheel is the thing I have to move the most swapping back/forth with my husband.

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL. My wife not only misses the seat memory function, but the lack of power seat adjustment for passenger.
that memory seat thing not being there is a plus for me. i have accidentally hit that button getting into my 2020 Esacpe. once i shut the door and started the car the seat started moving i was like WTH!.

imagine sitting in a car when you are 6'4 and then the seat starts scooting forward and the back getting more upright until you are in a position for someone to drive that is 5'0. my knees were hitting the dash. my body was against the steering wheel. i felt like my car come to life and was trying to eat me and it was trying to swallow me whole. barely had enough room to hit the memory feature that brought the seat back to my position.
i then change all 3 memory features to mine. better to have her change the seat to get in than me trying to become a contortionist.
Sponsored