Sponsored

My Experience with Installing Ford Factory Dash Cam from Thinkware and a few Lasfit LED Bulbs

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I recently installed this and the bracket that came with the obd adapter is way smaller then the stock one. Was yours the same size and if not how did you mount it
That actually was a pain. I used the adapter and screwed it underneath. unfortunately it still was behind the panel so Im either going to have to cut the plastic panel or make a spacer so it comes down further. Im OK until the OBD port is needed lol. I just slapped on the cover for the photo - it needs a bit of cleaner :)

Ford Maverick My Experience with Installing Ford Factory Dash Cam from Thinkware and a few Lasfit LED Bulbs 1000001170

Ford Maverick My Experience with Installing Ford Factory Dash Cam from Thinkware and a few Lasfit LED Bulbs 1000001172

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great video. I bought this set up to install in the f350 tremor. Sold that truck and just realized I still have the camera. Same part numbers so maybe I put in the mav.

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great video. I bought this set up to install in the f350 tremor. Sold that truck and just realized I still have the camera. Same part numbers so maybe I put in the mav.
Thanks ! really the only issue is the OBD placement :)

Sponsored

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks ! really the only issue is the OBD placement :)
Gotta admit I got a little chuckle about the camera and light video about people seeing you, only to see the work van with the pushed in rear doors. Was like, now I know why he's speaking about the "see you and video camera".

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gotta admit I got a little chuckle about the camera and light video about people seeing you, only to see the work van with the pushed in rear doors. Was like, now I know why he's speaking about the "see you and video camera".
Hahaha - Ill be honest with you that poor Nissan van has been hit so many times - twice in the past 8 months - 5K every time - I have new doors but Im waiting to see if it gets hit again .... LOL

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

notorious beebs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might be a dumb question, how did you get the stock OBDII connector / bracket down? I bought the Ford camera and was taking a peak before installation, and one of the nuts holding the bracket up are behind the kick panel / panel near the hood release lever. Did you remove that panel first?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes I removed the panel it just snaps off and then screwed the OBD connector up there but I really need a spacer

Gregg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered the X700 Front + Rear Dash Cam Bundle (incl. GPS) and the Thinkware OBD II cable. However, I've heard it is incompatible with the Maverick although it is not listed as incompatible on the Thinkware site. Do you think there is an issue installing this on a Hybrid Maverick?

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As usual, a great info video from you. Regarding the Lasfit LED's - I replaced my turn signal incandescents with the Lasfits and they worked great for a few weeks. We all know the Lasfits are more expensive because they have the built in resistance needed to prevent hyperflashing, but just recently my left turn signal indicator on the dash started hyperflashing when the signal was on for an extended period. Not so on the right side. I'm wondering if the bulb is defective in some way, yet the turn signal light on the front of the vehicle seems to be flashing at a normal speed. Have not had a chance to confirm that [tough to get out and check while turning left, right?]
Sponsored