Sponsored

My experience thus far… favorite vehicle I have ever owned.

Charlie Murphy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontiers, 2019 Nissan Rouge
Ford Maverick My experience thus far… favorite vehicle I have ever owned. A623BF77-BF89-453B-8510-6A1B81573CF6

I have been meaning to write this for a long time, so here we go…

I sold my 2011 F150 earlier this year to capitalize on the used car boom and did quite well, I no longer needed something so large as I also got rid of our travel trailer. I was in the market for a ridgeline but couldn’t stomach paying 45,000+cdn for a well used mid appointed vehicle and have a 22 Frontier extended cab for work, when I discovered the Maverick! I quickly found no dealer stock and thanks to this site learned quickly what I was up against. I went to my nearest dealership that wasn’t a scummy and ordered one as laid out in my signature, I quickly realized that it wasn’t happening this year or even next for that matter so I scoured every dealer within a 1000km for an in-transit one when I found the one I have today for a pennies over msrp…. Here is my honest review after months of following everything and finally getting some seat time in one. Some opinions my be unpopular but that’s life.

1. It’s not a truck…
It’s a car with a box, and that’s ok… in fact that an advantage.(fuel mileage, parking,insurance, ride etc.)
2. Metals thin, plastic scratches, bit of road noise…
Comparable to everything else in this price range, tough as my f150 or Nissan not a chance but I’m not asking it to do the same things because it’s a car with a box not a body on frame truck.
3. Speakers
I must be getting old, perfect for your standard commuter vehicle… no better or worse then my other trucks… except for the infotainment sync 3 or whatever it is…it is glitchy and honestly pretty crap.
4. Eco, amazing gas mileage… like actually amazing.

have about a 1000km on it now and besides a cracked manual rear sliding window from delivery I’m waiting for the parts to get repaired I’ve had no issues and no complaints. I’d say it’s my favourite vehicle I have ever owned.
Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Fair review, unibody AWD truck, not made to be compared to a body on frame. Price alone makes that obvious. It’s damn versatile that’s for sure. I like driving mine, plenty of giddy up and still decent MPG. The infotainment is not sync 3 it’s a cheaper knock off that uses less chips and it’s adequate at best. I share most of your observations including it being one of my favorite vehicles ever.

OP
OP
Charlie Murphy

Charlie Murphy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontiers, 2019 Nissan Rouge
Fair review, unibody AWD truck, not made to be compared to a body on frame. Price alone makes that obvious. It’s damn versatile that’s for sure. I like driving mine, plenty of giddy up and still decent MPG. The infotainment is not sync 3 it’s a cheaper knock off that uses less chips and it’s adequate at best. I share most of your observations including it being one of my favorite vehicles ever.
I can’t believe how much pep this thing has, 💯 better then the old 5.0 and more responsive then the Nissan.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It’s way to quick, almost stupid fast accelerating if you know how to maximize the turbo. I am waiting for my first speeding ticket in 25 years with my Maverick. Load the turbo at 20 mph and be at 70 mph real quick. I can’t help myself, it’s ridiculous 🤣🤣🤣

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A623BF77-BF89-453B-8510-6A1B81573CF6.jpeg

I sold my 2011 F150 earlier this year to capitalize on the used car boom and did quite well, I no longer needed something so large as I also got rid of our travel trailer. I was in the market for a ridgeline but couldn’t stomach paying 45,000+cdn for a well used mid appointed vehicle and have a 22 Frontier extended cab for work, when I discovered the Maverick! I quickly found no dealer stock and thanks to this site learned quickly what I was up against. I went to my nearest dealership that wasn’t a scummy and ordered one as laid out in my signature, I quickly realized that it wasn’t happening this year or even next for that matter so I scoured every dealer within a 1000km for an in-transit one when I found the one I have today for a pennies over msrp…. Here is my honest review after months of following everything and finally getting some seat time in one. Some opinions my be unpopular but that’s life.
1. It’s not a truck…
It’s a car with a box, and that’s ok… in fact that an advantage.(fuel mileage, parking,insurance, ride etc.)
Comparable to everything else in this price range, tough as my f150 or Nissan not a chance but I’m not asking it to do the same things because it’s a car with a box not a body on frame truck.
3. Speakers
I must be getting old, perfect for your standard commuter vehicle… no better or worse then my other trucks… except for the infotainment sync 3 or whatever it is…it is glitchy and honestly pretty crap.

have about a 1000km on it now and besides a cracked manual rear sliding window from delivery I’m waiting for the parts to get repaired I’ve had no issues and no complaints. I’d say it’s my favourite vehicle I have ever owned.
Agree with you on the metal being thin. A light tap against the corner of the wife's side mirror left a pretty deep dent in my driver door. Got it fixed for $250.

Sponsored

Reeder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got my Mav Hybrid last week. Ordered 6/28/21 Built 6/02/22 Arrived in AZ 6/05/22 Received 7/25/22. Basically 13 months. It was well worth the wait, I LOVE this truck. It does ride, well like SUV's I've had but the truck functionality. Doing bunch of things to make it look pretty, will post pics soon.
Yay, I have MyMav :):):)

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A623BF77-BF89-453B-8510-6A1B81573CF6.jpeg

1. It’s not a truck…
3. Speakers

I just got my Mav Hybrid last week. Ordered 6/28/21 Built 6/02/22 Arrived in AZ 6/05/22 Received 7/25/22. Basically 13 months. It was well worth the wait, I LOVE this truck. It does ride, well like SUV's I've had but the truck functionality. Doing bunch of things to make it look pretty, will post pics soon.
Every ride I plant my butt on (my bikes and sports car) is my favorite at the time and I'm hoping my Maverick fills my void for mechanical field service, hauling, commuting and camping. Have to figure out a way to extend the bed for camping/sleeping. There's one YouTuber that curls up in it "as is" but he looks like an uncomfortable prisoner.
Sponsored