JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! What an amazing rig! Makes a very viable option for overlanding on a hybrid!

Do you have a list of the supplies and parts you use for the platform? Does it live on your bed full time or you take it down? How much mpg hit did you get driving around with full gears?

Thank you for this!

17riemc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid Moonroof CoPilot360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just watched the video on my weekly Maverick YouTube search. Loved the content!

Can't wait to get my hybrid and do the same thing.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great setup and video. A list of items would be fantastic, along with any links to purchase fridge, solar panel, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Irvinec32

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! What an amazing rig! Makes a very viable option for overlanding on a hybrid!

Do you have a list of the supplies and parts you use for the platform? Does it live on your bed full time or you take it down? How much mpg hit did you get driving around with full gears?

Thank you for this!
It lives full time in back, but it is removable. With my tonneau cover, I have not noticed any mpg decrease. For build and parts I broke it in a few videos.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much weight will the platform support? How can I increase the weight limit to support an adult and two kids perhaps?

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much weight will the platform support? How can I increase the weight limit to support an adult and two kids perhaps?
Should work as described. Assuming you all can fit everyone on a mattress sized ‘full’ sized space. Can barely fit me and a small and a medium dog. There ate many complaints on the tent being too small for adults to use. I think he over engineered most of this build. My 12v frig is tall just fits under the soft roll bed cover so likely making my version with two equal sized plywood sections hinged by glued down outdoor carpet.

OP
OP
Irvinec32

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you can fit back there, I really don't think weight will be an issue. Extra kids won't matter because there is center support. So adding kids on the left side will not be an issue.

Sponsored

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How about a link to your you tube channel ?

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would build the platform so it is even with the top of the bedside rails. Then have a hinged fold out on each side besides the bottom hinged fold out. Add adjustable legs on the 2 side hinged panels. You will have more under platform storage because it would be higher in the bed. It should not add too much extra weight except for the 2 extra bed platforms. Use aluminum or pvc pipe for the adjustable legs to cut down on the weight. The size of tent determines the size of side platforms required. Add holes on four corners of the side platform to attach the tent down to prevent it from blowing off. Can use proper sized bolts with wing nuts that fit into the tent peg holes. Add a flat washer to keep bolt from tearing the tent. Plenty of space for two people and two children. When I get my hybrid I will build mine like that. To make it easier to store I would make a cart with wheels that has a frame that the bed platform can be slid on to for storage. You could use it to store extra camping supplies under it. Add doors and it will be closed in to keep items safe. Or you could add four eyelet bolts and hoist it over head to store it. Of course you need a high enough garage ceiling to do that. Hope this is helpful for you or any other Maverick owner.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would build the platform so it is even with the top of the bedside rails. Then have a hinged fold out on each side besides the bottom hinged fold out. Add adjustable legs on the 2 side hinged panels. You will have more under platform storage because it would be higher in the bed. It should not add too much extra weight except for the 2 extra bed platforms. Use aluminum or pvc pipe for the adjustable legs to cut down on the weight. The size of tent determines the size of side platforms required. Add holes on four corners of the side platform to attach the tent down to prevent it from blowing off. Can use proper sized bolts with wing nuts that fit into the tent peg holes. Add a flat washer to keep bolt from tearing the tent. Plenty of space for two people and two children. When I get my hybrid I will build mine like that. To make it easier to store I would make a cart with wheels that has a frame that the bed platform can be slid on to for storage. You could use it to store extra camping supplies under it. Add doors and it will be closed in to keep items safe. Or you could add four eyelet bolts and hoist it over head to store it. Of course you need a high enough garage ceiling to do that. Hope this is helpful for you or any other Maverick owner.
I figure even those expensive rooftop tent is limited in space and I rather venture on this setup since it seems to be cheaper than having to purchase a bed raised rack, cross bars, and the rooftop tent.

The idea is to basically support my wife who's about 5 ft tall and my two young kids. The only issue I might come across is having a hard roll top tonneau cover. Might have a potentially wasted crucial space between the cover and raised platform.