Sponsored

My dealer says my hybrid will not be built.

Sk17kp36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Chevy C1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer I ordered through says Ford will stop making 2022 hybrids, even though I've placed an order with a deposit. The reason is due to Ford being unable to keep up with the amount ordered. According to the sales manager, I have 3 choices. Wait for the 2023's, switch to the 2.0, or cancel the order and get my deposit back. He has 9 other buyers to notify. I was the first to find out.

Has anyone else heard this? Everything I have seen contradicts this.

My order date is 9/20 for the XLT with Ford 360, XLT luxury. Iconic Silver, moonroof and sliding rear glass. Ordered from southern Indiana. No build date, yet.
Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
your dealer is lying.. If you have a good order before the cut off in November, then you will eventually get your maverick hybrid. It sounds like they are trying to mess with you. They either did not order properly or they want your hybrid as a dealer stock...

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
The dealer I ordered through says Ford will stop making 2022 hybrids, even though I've placed an order with a deposit. The reason is due to Ford being unable to keep up with the amount ordered. According to the sales manager, I have 3 choices. Wait for the 2023's, switch to the 2.0, or cancel the order and get my deposit back. He has 9 other buyers to notify. I was the first to find out.

Has anyone else heard this? Everything I have seen contradicts this.

My order date is 9/20 for the XLT with Ford 360, XLT luxury. Iconic Silver, moonroof and sliding rear glass. Ordered from southern Indiana. No build date, yet.
Read this thread. Another guy was told the same thing as you and he called Ford themselves. Ultimately, the dealership lied to him (they said it was an honest mistake)... and it was fixed.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-engine-change-or-cancellation-of-order.5850/

Here is the number someone gave him in the thread, so you can talk to FORD.

800-334-4375

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call Ford (800) 334-4375 to get to the bottom of this. Have them get the dealer on the phone with all of you at the same time to get it cleared up.

Sponsored

Tking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Subaru Legacy Outback & '86 F250 4x4 6.9 idi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered 10/18 and just talked to my dealer. My order hasn't been looked at so I removed the tonneau cover. But my order is still good to go when Ford gets to it.
Another possibility that hasn't been suggested is that your dealer had their allocations canceled by Ford for undesirable behavior.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whatever you do don’t cancel the order. Ask for you deposit back and leave the order in place. Tell them if it comes in you will buy it. And let us know what Ford Marketing says. Did you get a confirmed order email?

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yeah please let us know what Ford says and I would escalate it. The people answering the phone are very nice, but they seem very front line, not decision makers.

OP
OP
Sk17kp36

Sk17kp36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Chevy C1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Read this thread. Another guy was told the same thing as you and he called Ford themselves. Ultimately, the dealership lied to him (they said it was an honest mistake)... and it was fixed.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-engine-change-or-cancellation-of-order.5850/

Here is the number someone gave him in the thread, so you can talk to FORD.

800-334-4375
Thanks for the phone number. I just got off the phone with Ford. The people at the call center don't know anything about stopping production, but told me to check the dealer to see if they may have over allocated orders.

OP
OP
Sk17kp36

Sk17kp36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Chevy C1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whatever you do don’t cancel the order. Ask for you deposit back and leave the order in place. Tell them if it comes in you will buy it. And let us know what Ford Marketing says. Did you get a confirmed order email?
I did get confirmation. And thanks for the advice. I don't plan to cancel the order or switch to the 2.0 at this time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sk17kp36

Sk17kp36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Chevy C1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
your dealer is lying.. If you have a good order before the cut off in November, then you will eventually get your maverick hybrid. It sounds like they are trying to mess with you. They either did not order properly or they want your hybrid as a dealer stock...
I have confirmation from Ford, I suspect they want the stock due to very low carbon inventory on their lot.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did get confirmation. And thanks for the advice. I don't plan to cancel the order or switch to the 2.0 at this time.
Sounds like the dealer is either lying or doesn’t understand Fords allocation system and how many allocations they will get and possibly took too many orders and will not get them built by summer of 2022.

OP
OP
Sk17kp36

Sk17kp36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Chevy C1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Sk17kp36

Sk17kp36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Chevy C1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered 10/18 and just talked to my dealer. My order hasn't been looked at so I removed the tonneau cover. But my order is still good to go when Ford gets to it.
Another possibility that hasn't been suggested is that your dealer had their allocations canceled by Ford for undesirable behavior.
When I called Ford they suggested I call the dealer to see if they had over allocated orders. Otherwise, everything should be fine.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim Bartz (Ford Maverick SME) @fordvideoguy may be able reach out to the dealership and help. He genuinely cares for people, not just His clients. Stand up guy
Sponsored