Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My order is for a 2023 AWD XLT w/tow pkg and cover for $31,350. Order banks closed in Sept. This still seems to be my best option to get a vehicle I've wanted since they were introduced.
Negotiate. Some dealers still do it.
I paid under MSRP for my 22, we negotiated a deal prior to order.

And no I did not have any of the plans Ford has for employees and vendors.
Sponsored

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022 Carbon Gray XLT Fx4, CP360, Lux, 4K.
Ordered 12/28/22 Delivery 11/26/22
Central Indiana
Maverick's name is Mowgli

Your order and delivery dates are very Back to the Future.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I called it what the GM was doing. I said he was using the recall excuse to try and buy some time while he was looking for a replacement. At least he owned up to it. Since you ordered an Eco, they will probably allow dealers to order stock units soon and could fit you in. For 22, even after the order banks closed , dealers could still place stock orders.

Redskinman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called it what the GM was doing. I said he was using the recall excuse to try and buy some time while he was looking for a replacement. At least he owned up to it. Since you ordered an Eco, they will probably allow dealers to order stock units soon and could fit you in. For 22, even after the order banks closed , dealers could still place stock orders.
He didn’t own up to not calling the OP and getting his complaint closed with Ford,Op had to go into dealership to confront this P o s ,the whole thing stinks

Sponsored

mitchwkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I went to the dealer today and spoke with the general manager. He apologized and said he didn't know all the facts when he agreed to the sale of my truck. He said he was trying to buy time to find a replacement when he gave the recall story. I asked what could be done now and he said he is still trying to find a truck that is comparable to our order. I don't know if that's possible, but I'm hoping. I've wanted one since they came out and this was my first opportunity to get one. Right now, my eleven year old vehicle with 187,000 miles is held together with duck tape and zip ties.
My Dad always told me that if you tell one lie, it will lead to more lies.

mitchwkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What it IS...is he is SEEING the SHITTY reviews he has been getting on his page...they do NOT like that. Trust me...that is what happens to dealers who do that. I for one, left a deserved review. I have seen dealers sell vehicles time and time again on the Bronco and maverick forum for extra over MSRP money...once the negative reviews come in, they bust their ass to make it right.
My thoughts exactly. And the reviews are awful.

TheStang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put them on blast on Ford's twitter and make a youtube video documenting their BS and record them denying it. I hate scumbag dealerships and salespeople

Buccos1102

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spoke with my salesman on Monday morning about picking up my recently delivered Maverick XLT. He called back later and said he just found out there was a recall on it and we would have to wait up to three months for parts. Tuesday I decided to go look at it. A salesman said he couldn't find it in the computer and that our salesman wasn't there. A second salesman said it hadn't been delivered because of the recall. I asked for the general manager. He said it was there and he had to go check on it. He came back with our salesman and said it was in the shop with the door off waiting for a drain hose to be delivered. My salesman said I could order another truck. I asked several times to see the truck, but they didn't want me to see it. I checked with a Ford customer service rep when I got home and found there is no recall for my vin. She tried to reach the general manager and the service dept., but no one answered. She left a detailed message with the general manager. I haven't heard anything back. Any guesses as to what is really going on?
Any chance you are in the Sacramento area? I had a similar story from a dealer here about one on their lot.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to the dealer today and spoke with the general manager. He apologized and said he didn't know all the facts when he agreed to the sale of my truck. He said he was trying to buy time to find a replacement when he gave the recall story. I asked what could be done now and he said he is still trying to find a truck that is comparable to our order. I don't know if that's possible, but I'm hoping. I've wanted one since they came out and this was my first opportunity to get one. Right now, my eleven year old vehicle with 187,000 miles is held together with duck tape and zip ties.
I don't believe the GM when he said he didn't know all the facts and lying to you to buy time is just wrong in so many ways. Agree to keep your eye on the prize and try to get what your want for MSRP but wouldn't ever trust that dealer again nor the GM, I would bump this up to the owner of the dealership and of course Ford if for no other reason that getting it off your chest and its baggage you don't want to carry around forever.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cbe12

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally got a chance to see my truck while trying to see reviews people keep mentioning. The salesman sold it to his cousin and posted a picture on the dealer's Facebook page. Never did figure out where to see the reviews, but at least I know the story now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.