First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am pretty sure you have no legal recourse.

Going to Ford was a good move. I would next go in to see them, and talk with them. That is what good people do, try to talk things out.

If that doesn't go well, leave a bad review, and move on. Life is too short for stressing about something you are not going to win.

the_mad_end

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If there’s a real open recall on your VIN, it would show up on the NHTSA website.

TS900

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit 150 eco-boost surprisingly quick ,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What was your original deal MSRP or MSRP ++

Sponsored

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ted Russell Ford
Dam. I started to order my truck from them, but went elsewhere.
Looks like you may have dodged a bullet. Hopefully your experience at your current dealer is much better than what the OP has had to suffer through.

brielee3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand why @Ford Motor Company created a system requiring our driver's licenses to verify a real person was ordering, and then stops the tracking system before verifying that the purchaser is, indeed, the orderer.

There should be some signed release required...or at least dealer testament when someone truly declines the order.

They did not protect the final customer well at all, with dealers like this being free to steal the order away from the person who was verified. Why bother to take our DLs if you stop the tracking mid-stream?
Agreed! This rest solely on Ford. Well known issue and easy to fix. With this "new" model of buying cars (ordering) I fail to see what value a dealer adds. (unessacary middle man).

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man, this thread… I really hate this happened to the OP. This would be totally unacceptable in pretty much every other industry and why this keeps happening in the automotive industry is beyond me. There needs to be some sort of mutually beneficial overhaul to the dealership system to keep stuff like this from happening but also allow dealerships some freedom to profit off the market somewhat. Sorry this happened.

if anything, this just makes me thankful that my dealer did the right thing and called me the moment it arrived, even though there was zero communication from Ford that it was even being built. They could have sold it for 6k over during the height of the shortage and I would have never known it…

Sponsored

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger S/Crew Lariat FX4, 2017 Escape SE FWD
Engine
Undecided
Not sure what the state limit is for Tennessee, but this sounds like a pretty easy win in a small claims court. Their bad faith (perhaps fraudulent?) behaviour won’t go over well with most judges in this field.

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NB, OP did not (legally or any other way) purchase the vehicle. The purchasing doesn't happen until it is paid for/paperwork signed (for title etc).
He was in the process of purchasing it...and the dealer sold it to someone else (even though it was ordered for him and they knew he intended to buy it).
This is what CONTRACTS are for. OP has a contract with the Dealership and Ford. On paper. With a deposit check. Just as binding as if he had already signed all the actual purchase paperwork. When you get the Sales Order, Order Confirmation, etc from the dealer, you have a contract.

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Email the all local News stations in Knoxville TN. w/ your story and info attached then follow up with a phone call. These are the stories they thrive on especially if this dealer has been known for shady practices in the past. Stations like to be known for helping the little guy. Good luck and sorry this happened, I still literally have lost sleep thinking this will happen to me after 14 months and still waiting ( build day now 1/17/23)

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Deposits are good faith. Legally the Dealer cannot hold the deposit if the buyer backs out of taking an ordered vehicle. That is why Dealers rarely "deposit" the check, but simply staple it to the paperwork. Yes, there can be retribution legally by the Dealer. But they must prove they have been damaged by the customer backing out ( like ordering something with extremely oddball options that is hard to sell....).
I have seen this happen before. I have also seen vehicles get damage in transit that was such that Ford will not allow you to sell them ( roof damage is something they will only allow minor repairs on for instance).
Ford CAN step in and help. They have the power to put in a build order to replace this vehicle. I have seen the replacement vehicle arrive in under two weeks. AND they can have it delivered to another Dealer using Courtesy Delivery. So work hard to keep Ford involved and armed with complete facts. The story the GM told the OP is rather important to this.

Deleted member 1370

I spoke with my salesman on Monday morning about picking up my recently delivered Maverick XLT. He called back later and said he just found out there was a recall on it and we would have to wait up to three months for parts. Tuesday I decided to go look at it. A salesman said he couldn't find it in the computer and that our salesman wasn't there. A second salesman said it hadn't been delivered because of the recall. I asked for the general manager. He said it was there and he had to go check on it. He came back with our salesman and said it was in the shop with the door off waiting for a drain hose to be delivered. My salesman said I could order another truck. I asked several times to see the truck, but they didn't want me to see it. I checked with a Ford customer service rep when I got home and found there is no recall for my vin. She tried to reach the general manager and the service dept., but no one answered. She left a detailed message with the general manager. I haven't heard anything back. Any guesses as to what is really going on?
I know that they can’t deliver it with an open recall unless it’s one of the ones that don’t have a solution yet. However I am personally not aware of any recalls that involve drain hoses. There were some that were involving re programming the trailer brake controller module , some brake light thing and an airbag recall they all have but most don’t have the parts for yet. Unless they have a new one now im not aware of
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.