MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The way they mark them up is odd. They have a base Lariat EB for sale. It is AWD but no lux, MSRP under $31k and their selling price is $45k.

But they also have a First Edition with a $36k sticker selling for $40.5k.
Sponsored

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I really think selling my truck is on the table. That is if I get it before 23 models. Why drive a year old model that I could potentially make a decent profit on? I know the issue of waiting again and maybe being confronted with the same choice next year. I guess I might end up with a 2025. Ford made me wait so now I’m numb and just don’t care. The cool factor of driving a truck that no one has is gone.
I'm thinking the same thing. Next time learn from my mistakes and without the dealer drama. Pocket maybe $5k and order two of the '23s - if the new MSRP only takes a token increase that is. I would like an XLT AWD anyway.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The way they mark them up is odd. They have a base Lariat EB for sale. It is AWD but no lux, MSRP under $31k and their selling price is $45k.

Yea that is odd . Wouldn’t never sell it to them unless market changed and demand wasn’t as high I’d 31k maybe . 35-36k is what I probably could get right now

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Congrats on that. If I receive 45% more than I paid for the vehicle I would have a hard time saying no. But that would depend on the capital gains on a vehicle I’m just reading about.
Are you going to place a 23 order?
I never imagined selling it, but the offer was just too good. I imagined someone coming up to me in the street saying ill pay you what you paid for it. I would maybe laugh and kindly decline. But in this case its as if they replied by saying, well then I will give you an extra 10k on top of what you paid for it. As much as I like my truck, 10k+ was more than whatever emotional attachment I had for the truck. That said, even on the last day before they came to pick it up, I still questioned whether I should sell or not, because of how nice of a truck it is, and because of how much I liked it.

Im going to shop around a bit, but not too hard for a hybrid 22 at MSRP, or perhaps even a Santa Cruz. Depending on where things stand by the time that the 23 order banks open up, I may order one of those as a back up.

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

Yeah, I dont understand the algorithm they use at all.

A few months ago they offered me 37k. I didnt take them up on it, and the next time I checked, they only wanted to give me 35. Then I just plugged in the info about every other day for one week, from different IP addresses, and using different accounts (not knowing if any of that made a difference). But I saw the offer fluctuate from 35, to 36, back down to 35, and then finally an offer for 37 one more time. That is when I pulled the trigger.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I was signed out of my Carvana account (I've purchased a few cars for them over the years), the offer was right at $31k. But when I signed in, it went up to the $32,700.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I was signed out of my Carvana account (I've purchased a few cars for them over the years), the offer was right at $31k. But when I signed in, it went up to the $32,700.
Weird lol

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck with that... your tax preparer will confirm the capital gain tax status, and you can 100% bet the IRS has completely stepped up the identification and policing of the gains. I for one am not willing to falsify my Federal or state tax return and look over my shoulder every day for the rest of my life.

Good luck...
You all take things too seriously. Cant we all just joke a bit? Seriously though, I won't sell cars on eBay because they report to the IRS. Im done giving money to money wasters.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the past month, just out of curiosity I have checked about once a week. My ordered Lariat I will be lucky to see this year.

Week 1: 600 miles, $31,875
Week 2: 775 miles, $33,549
Week 3 skipped
Week 4: 1,150 miles $34,187

XL 4k AWD / CP360.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard Carvana has been giving out bad checks.

Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard Carvana has been giving out bad checks.
They've been having a buttload of administrative issues to, and last I heard have been banned from the market in at least one state.

Turns out when your business model is to cut every conceivable corner certain things suffer.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heard that too their going out business soon
I don't doubt this is the beginning of the end unless they get acquired and a whole lot of restructuring happens.

As far as bad checks, I just applied my Google-FU, and didn't come up with any stories. I am sure this would be on a new article or website somewhere if it really was an issue.

Just find it interesting to follow their offers, but if my order comes in and they are still offering 7k+, my dealer better be aggressive in their offer or I will sell it to fund my truck.

I have not gotten to a point in life where 7K is insignificant, and not really worried about capital gains, I paid a bunch of tax last year and have unrealizes losses for this year that more than offset any amount I would make off the truck.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
7k is
I don't doubt this is the beginning of the end unless they get acquired and a whole lot of restructuring happens.

As far as bad checks, I just applied my Google-FU, and didn't come up with any stories. I am sure this would be on a new article or website somewhere if it really was an issue.

Just find it interesting to follow their offers, but if my order comes in and they are still offering 7k+, my dealer better be aggressive in their offer or I will sell it to fund my truck.

I have not gotten to a point in life where 7K is insignificant, and not really worried about capital gains, I paid a bunch of tax last year and have unrealizes losses for this year that more than offset any amount I would make off the truck.
yea 7k is a lot when my 23 comes out it probably won’t be that high …