First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think order banks for 2024 are still open if you can find a dealer with an allocation?
This is what I was going to say. All you need to do is find a dealer with the hybrid allocations (you need to find one whose word you can trust). You should be able to get it by late spring I would think. Edit: You might even find the one you want in dealer stock before then.
So my dealer has them crossed off the list and said he can't order more. I could try other dealers, and may still. I'm not buying one off a lot.
Sorry for the loss of your Maverick. However, what matters most is that your wife and dog were okay.
It's too bad the other Maverick owner wasn't as fortunate.

May hat really goes off to the engineers though. My wife got hit in the driver's door while in her Escape, by someone trying to run a red light, and it was totaled but she basically walked away with some bruises. To engineer some stamped and welded steel panels to withstand thousands of pounds of impact and protect the occupants must be quite the challenge; these people earn our thanks.
Yes, I agree! I'm actually considering an Escape Hybrid as my in-betweener.
Sponsored

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So my dealer has them crossed off the list and said he can't order more. I could try other dealers, and may still. I'm not buying one off a lot.
Yes, I agree! I'm actually considering an Escape Hybrid as my in-betweener.
I didn't read every post in this thread.... But from what I read I gather that your wife got in a accident, it wasn't her fault, the truck is totaled, and they are offering you something close to 39 thousand dollars to settle.

Is this all correct?

And then it looks like you want another maverick, but your dealer has no more allocations and you don't want to pay a big mark up?

So here is my take...

Take the insurance companies check and settle out the claim. Then spend a few hours looking around to find a dealer with another maverick IN STOCK... That doesn't have a big mark up or no mark up at all. They DO exist. You might have to book a flight and go fly out to somewhere else in the country to get it and drive it home, or pay to have it shipped to you, but it is what it is.

Why buy a escape or some other vehicle to drive for a year, and take a big depreciation hit on it, while waiting for 2025 that might not show up till 2026?

And for what it's worth, I am in Charlotte NC, and I have a Maverick hybrid Lariat coming in within the next few weeks I was not planning to buy. I ordered two of them, both are built and both are shipped out and in route to the dealer now and I plan to only buy one of the two at this point. If it helps you, I would be happy to either pass you the dealers info and you could try to buy the second one from them directly or I can buy it and turn around and resell it to you. Ill do that for $250 over my actual cost in the truck ( to cover my time off work to meet you at the dealer and do all the paperwork ). It is a 2024 Hybrid Lariat, Cactus gray, black appearance package, with all the co pilot and co pilot assist stuff, spray in bed liner etc... Should come in around $35,375 plus whatever the dealer fees and whatnot add up to.

FJM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alas, it is with great sorrow I report that while my wife was en-route for some errands, she was struck and my beautiful 2023 Atlas Blue Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid was destroyed.

She was going 55 mph and the guy pulled out almost in front of her, striking passenger doors and sending her into a spin into a line of traffic waiting to turn left into the road she was passing. Unfortunately, it was a triple tragedy. The vehicle waiting first in line was another 2023 White Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid. Both were totaled. The 2002 Acura RL that pulled out and initially struck my wife was also totaled. It was a triple tragedy because the owner of the white Maverick was transported via ambulance and, unfortunately, her canine friend was killed on impact.

My wife is OK, as is my dog. It handled very well in the crash and protected all occupants as well as could be. Pictures should follow tomorrow when I visit the tow yard. I am heartbroken. 13,297 mi was the final odo reading with average MPG at 51.1, never reset from when I took ownership January 9th this year.

Question of the year: should I plan on getting a new one exactly like it? We were absolutely in love.

Here are the photos. I've about decided to get a new Lariat, same color, with more options.

20231112_105153-jpg.jpg

20231112_105211-jpg.jpg

20231112_105229-jpg.jpg

20231112_105311-jpg.jpg

20231112_105518-jpg.jpg
That's horrible, but thank good your wife is ok, trucks can always be replaced.

Drask-CA

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2023 - XLT + FX4 OffRoad + Co-Pilot360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Alas, it is with great sorrow I report that while my wife was en-route for some errands, she was struck and my beautiful 2023 Atlas Blue Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid was destroyed.

She was going 55 mph and the guy pulled out almost in front of her, striking passenger doors and sending her into a spin into a line of traffic waiting to turn left into the road she was passing. Unfortunately, it was a triple tragedy. The vehicle waiting first in line was another 2023 White Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid. Both were totaled. The 2002 Acura RL that pulled out and initially struck my wife was also totaled. It was a triple tragedy because the owner of the white Maverick was transported via ambulance and, unfortunately, her canine friend was killed on impact.

My wife is OK, as is my dog. It handled very well in the crash and protected all occupants as well as could be. Pictures should follow tomorrow when I visit the tow yard. I am heartbroken. 13,297 mi was the final odo reading with average MPG at 51.1, never reset from when I took ownership January 9th this year.

Question of the year: should I plan on getting a new one exactly like it? We were absolutely in love.

Here are the photos. I've about decided to get a new Lariat, same color, with more options.

20231112_105153-jpg.jpg

20231112_105211-jpg.jpg

20231112_105229-jpg.jpg

20231112_105311-jpg.jpg

20231112_105518-jpg.jpg
Glad to know that your wife is ok. Sorry for the totaled vehicle. 😩
Order a new Mav. and get back to the road safely. 👍
Share pics of the new one! 🙂

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, keep in mind, 2024 prices have gone up about $2500 over 2022 pricing on lariats and around $3500 more on the XLT's...

When you go to order a 2025... Who knows what the pricing will be. Could be even more, or could be about the same as 2024's, highly doubt they will be lowering prices.

That Lariat I have coming ( both of them ) are actually MSRP of $37,875 but I have the Rebate certificates of $2500 off for both because they were roll over orders.

Your blue XLT that was 25 grand and change would be very close to 30 grand MSRP as a 2024 model.

You can take the insurances 39 grand check and try to find the cheapest Maverick you can find and have some extra money left over to go on a vacation or pay down some bills etc... Or you can use the money to get into a better equipped truck and essentially get a nice upgrade for free.

And also worth mentioning is Carvana is loaded with used mavericks as well. My first maverick was very similar to yours... a blue 2023 hybrid XLT with co pilot as the only option, it had a MSRP of around 27 grand. I drove it from June till October then sold it to Carvana in prep for the Lariats I have coming. They have it listed on their site for 34 grand and change. Only about 4500 miles on it and in mint condition. Looking at the listing for it, there are many more mavericks on there, many with just a few hundred miles on them. You could take your insurance money, buy one of those mavericks and sure your paying way over sticker, but you would have a equal truck to what you had and still have several thousand dollars left over from your settlement.

At any rate, if for some reason you want to talk to me about getting that other Lariat I have coming in, send me a PM, I won't be on the forum again till possibly tomorrow morning but Ill see it and contact you back.

Sponsored

CAMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor Lariat, 2021 Santa Fe Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

20231112_105153-jpg.jpg

20231112_105211-jpg.jpg

20231112_105229-jpg.jpg

20231112_105311-jpg.jpg

20231112_105518-jpg.jpg
Glad to hear your wife & dog were not hurt. I'd definitely order another one. Speedy recovery

MaverickEVwouldBeNice

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Earth - Northern Hemisphere - North America - USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav Hyb/lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I didn't read every post in this thread.... But from what I read I gather that your wife got in a accident, it wasn't her fault, the truck is totaled, and they are offering you something close to 39 thousand dollars to settle.

Is this all correct?

And then it looks like you want another maverick, but your dealer has no more allocations and you don't want to pay a big mark up?

So here is my take...

Take the insurance companies check and settle out the claim. Then spend a few hours looking around to find a dealer with another maverick IN STOCK... That doesn't have a big mark up or no mark up at all. They DO exist. You might have to book a flight and go fly out to somewhere else in the country to get it and drive it home, or pay to have it shipped to you, but it is what it is.

Why buy a escape or some other vehicle to drive for a year, and take a big depreciation hit on it, while waiting for 2025 that might not show up till 2026?

And for what it's worth, I am in Charlotte NC, and I have a Maverick hybrid Lariat coming in within the next few weeks I was not planning to buy. I ordered two of them, both are built and both are shipped out and in route to the dealer now and I plan to only buy one of the two at this point. If it helps you, I would be happy to either pass you the dealers info and you could try to buy the second one from them directly or I can buy it and turn around and resell it to you. Ill do that for $250 over my actual cost in the truck ( to cover my time off work to meet you at the dealer and do all the paperwork ). It is a 2024 Hybrid Lariat, Cactus gray, black appearance package, with all the co pilot and co pilot assist stuff, spray in bed liner etc... Should come in around $35,375 plus whatever the dealer fees and whatnot add up to.
I know you have good intentions, but if his state is like my state, he'll have to pay sales tax when he registers the vehicle he buys from you. You could write that he only paid $2,000, and they would still go with something a lot closer to market value. We had that happen to us in TX AND in WA where we live now. WA was actually not quite as bad as TX, as they went by weight, but TX, they went with KBB and charged us that. There was no arguing with the clerk at the time.

So in the end, he'd be paying your sales tax, and his. If your dealer is nice enough to transfer the order to him with minimal markup, that would be the best deal for him.

But, his truck was atlas blue, and you got a cactus gray one coming in. If I was him, I'd pass, just on the color alone.

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think Long McArthur might have some allocations. I thought I heard Tim in one of videos say it. Maybe...

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

20231112_105153-jpg.jpg

20231112_105211-jpg.jpg

20231112_105229-jpg.jpg

20231112_105311-jpg.jpg

20231112_105518-jpg.jpg
Nooooooo! 🤬
Sponsored