Deborah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oh No!!! my heart breaks for ya! Glad everyone is hopefully ok???
Sponsored

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Salvage works similarly in Georgia. I would not get 120% of vehicle value from insurance if I did, though. Better to upgrade to a Lariat, I think.
I can only imagine how long it would take to get parts, too... Definitely agree that a new one is the way to go.

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very sorry to hear this, but very glad she's ok (if shaken up). Cars are replaceable. And yes, if you were in love with it then by all means get another.

bjwnet397

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alas, it is with great sorrow I report that while my wife was en-route for some errands, she was struck and my beautiful 2023 Atlas Blue Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid was destroyed.

She was going 55 mph and the guy pulled out almost in front of her, striking passenger doors and sending her into a spin into a line of traffic waiting to turn left into the road she was passing. Unfortunately, it was a triple tragedy. The vehicle waiting first in line was another 2023 White Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid. Both were totaled. The 2002 Acura RL that pulled out and initially struck my wife was also totaled. It was a triple tragedy because the owner of the white Maverick was transported via ambulance and, unfortunately, her canine friend was killed on impact.

My wife is OK, as is my dog. It handled very well in the crash and protected all occupants as well as could be. Pictures should follow tomorrow when I visit the tow yard. I am heartbroken. 13,297 mi was the final odo reading with average MPG at 51.1, never reset from when I took ownership January 9th this year.

Question of the year: should I plan on getting a new one exactly like it? We were absolutely in love.

Here are the photos. I've about decided to get a new Lariat, same color, with more options.

20231112_105153-jpg.jpg

20231112_105211-jpg.jpg

20231112_105229-jpg.jpg

20231112_105311-jpg.jpg

20231112_105518-jpg.jpg
would you sell the wheels? I'm in GA.

torner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alas, it is with great sorrow I report that while my wife was en-route for some errands, she was struck and my beautiful 2023 Atlas Blue Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid was destroyed.

She was going 55 mph and the guy pulled out almost in front of her, striking passenger doors and sending her into a spin into a line of traffic waiting to turn left into the road she was passing. Unfortunately, it was a triple tragedy. The vehicle waiting first in line was another 2023 White Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid. Both were totaled. The 2002 Acura RL that pulled out and initially struck my wife was also totaled. It was a triple tragedy because the owner of the white Maverick was transported via ambulance and, unfortunately, her canine friend was killed on impact.

My wife is OK, as is my dog. It handled very well in the crash and protected all occupants as well as could be. Pictures should follow tomorrow when I visit the tow yard. I am heartbroken. 13,297 mi was the final odo reading with average MPG at 51.1, never reset from when I took ownership January 9th this year.

Question of the year: should I plan on getting a new one exactly like it? We were absolutely in love.

Here are the photos. I've about decided to get a new Lariat, same color, with more options.

20231112_105153-jpg.jpg

20231112_105211-jpg.jpg

20231112_105229-jpg.jpg

20231112_105311-jpg.jpg

20231112_105518-jpg.jpg
The 2023 Lariat Luxury tremor that I ordered is still sitting on the lot here in Indiana. Atlas Blue in color

Sponsored

OP
OP
rJay

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
would you sell the wheels? I'm in GA.
That would mean salvage, so I'm sorry, but no.
The 2023 Lariat Luxury tremor that I ordered is still sitting on the lot here in Indiana. Atlas Blue in color
Nice. But wouldn't that mean paying the mark-ups and fees?

torner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That would mean salvage, so I'm sorry, but no.
Nice. But wouldn't that mean paying the mark-ups and fees?
yeah sorry

OP
OP
rJay

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
rJay

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE:

I paid $25,544.71 for this truck on January 9th this year (plus some fees, I don't remember the exact amount for the fees).
I was just offered $39,105.09 by insurance.

Yes, please!

I've passed the order banks for the '24 model year, so it looks like I'll be waiting for the '25 banks next summer. In the meantime, I suppose I'll buy something I can trade in whenever my '25 truck does come in? Thoughts? Good plan?

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree with other posters, sorry for your loss...

While I am glad that your wife is a OK, that might not be the best thing to post it on a public forum. The insurance companies may find your posting, rather specific description, they may not want to pay any claims, that may come up a day or two later, based on your posting. At least that what my lawyer friend advised, I'd probably wouldn't even report the accident in the forum until all claims are settled...
Agreed, When I was in a serious accident, I didn't post anything for a while. I was advised against it. all I put on Facebook was that I was ok but had been in a serious car accident.
Im sorry to hear about your truck. I would order a Lariat hybrid.... I love the pictures of what mine will looks like.. LOL

Sponsored

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

UPDATE:

I paid $25,544.71 for this truck on January 9th this year (plus some fees, I don't remember the exact amount for the fees).

Yes, please!

I've passed the order banks for the '24 model year, so it looks like I'll be waiting for the '25 banks next summer. In the meantime, I suppose I'll buy something I can trade in whenever my '25 truck does come in? Thoughts? Good plan?
Hyundai's are nice cars and don't cost a bunch normally. the used Hyundai market ahs been holding value very well..... or go find another Maverick and see if you can talk the dealership down.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm really sorry! I'm glad your wife and dog are OK. I feel super sorry for the white Mav owner and dog. I even feel a little bit sorry for the Acura owner who caused this horrible mess.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE:

Yes, please!

I think order banks for 2024 are still open if you can find a dealer with an allocation?

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
, seeRichard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 Mustang 5.0 co
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

UPDATE:

Yes, please!

I think order banks for 2024 are still open if you can find a dealer with an allocation?
This is what I was going to say. All you need to do is find a dealer with the hybrid allocations (you need to find one whose word you can trust). You should be able to get it by late spring I would think. Edit: You might even find the one you want in dealer stock before then.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry for the loss of your Maverick. However, what matters most is that your wife and dog were okay.
It's too bad the other Maverick owner wasn't as fortunate.

May hat really goes off to the engineers though. My wife got hit in the driver's door while in her Escape, by someone trying to run a red light, and it was totaled but she basically walked away with some bruises. To engineer some stamped and welded steel panels to withstand thousands of pounds of impact and protect the occupants must be quite the challenge; these people earn our thanks.
Sponsored