First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Escape, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was born in Allen park!! On Shenandoah st. The Roush building used to b Montgomery Wards store. I was racing the pinto and mustang at Detroit Dragway and we rode pedal bikes to the dragway and snuck in.that was in the day of Gapp and Roush on schoolcraft I was going to Motech auto school.I got all my parts for the pinto from jack did the v8 drop in I’m my driveway. Stay safe. Living in Florida and retired 😀👍
Sport mode is a wow if haven't tried it already. I'll try and post pics in showcase or a forum.
Sponsored

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2022 2.0 XLT Luxury AWD/4k/FX4 in Cactus grey. I just hit 25k miles at the end of 2022 in just a few weeks past a year of ownership. I've posted a couple of previous reviews and this one may repeat some of those!

I've taken many trips short and long and each time it was great. My best gas mileage was about 31 mpg and my worst was 22. My fuel economy gauge on the dash is pretty much about 2 mpg higher than actual, kindof a a PITA, but I've given up there.

I've used it to haul many things, including moving my daughter in Miami, as well as moving out of my house into storage, then a few months later out of storage into my apartment. Everything went well, but I really do wish it had a 5 ft bed. I know I can put the gate up half way and other tricks, but there's something about hauling a 5 foot bed frame and being able to shut the gate without tying thigs down or worry about them getting wet or stolen.

I've moved both of my kayaks several times, my short one is 10 ft and I can just fit it in ok, the 12 footer sticks out quite a bit, but the hitch extender works great.

I've made a couple of trips to the beach and used the sand mode, I should have read up on it better, but it turns off traction control and locks it into a lower gear, which is fine when you're only going 10. I never thought I would get stuck or was worried. Some parts were deeper soft sand and some was slightly packed.

I never did get to test the towing, other than moving my tear drop around the yard, and then I sold it and haven't bought another, I hope to get it replaced soon.

The Diamondback cover works great. I think my bed is more secure than the cabin an I don't have any issues with it getting wet. It's pretty easy to operate to just open and load stuff in. I've loaded it up, I can move a queen mattress just on top easily and my grand daughter likes to climb on top when we are visiting some locations. My only complaint is that there is the occasional time I want to load something bigger and taller and removing the middle section is not a quick task.

I have the sunroof and the sliding rear window and I'm glad I have both. I do wish that I had the power rear window as that would make the sunroof more enjoyable. If I open the rear window first, the sunroof is nice, but sometimes I forget and I can't reach back there an do it. I wish there was a way to convert.

The seat heaters work great, and recently I was in the cold mountains and saying I wish I had heated mirrors (I live in FL) and didn't realize until later that I actually do. I'll have to try them out later.

I've had two oil changes and both went well. I think I still have a couple of open recalls, or at least I had a notice from ford that said they don't have the parts and would contact me when I can. The only issues I have been having is the radio is a POS. It sometimes freezes, sometimes doesn't work, I've had the volume stop working, etc.... The worst one was this time that the radio would not shut off. Car was off, key was out and car was locked, but the radio was still on, I was late for an appointment and couldn't fool around with it. Fortunately the battery didn't die. While it was at Ford, of course they couldn't diagnose as none of those problems occurred while it was there.

The hard plastics of the interior are easy to scratch and mine are all marked up, fortunately I really don't care. The spray in bed liner has held up well and I'm glad that I have that.

If I was buying it again, I wouldn't hesitate. I probably would jump to the Lariat for the keyless entry, wireless charging power rear window and if they made a hybrid AWD, I would get that in a heartbeat. My sister has the Lariat Hybrid, and I always tell her that I like driving hers better than mine as I find the 2.0EB a little buzy and jumpy.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

beacch1.jpg

beach2.jpg

kayak1.jpg
Yes you have not only the heated side mirrors but also the heated windshield wipers. We live in Maine and my wife loves those features, especially the heated seat and steering wheel too. She's has over 15k miles on hers and still loves her Maverick. Great 25K info. Happy New Year too;)

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2022 2.0 XLT Luxury AWD/4k/FX4 in Cactus grey. I just hit 25k miles at the end of 2022 in just a few weeks past a year of ownership. I've posted a couple of previous reviews and this one may repeat some of those!

I've taken many trips short and long and each time it was great. My best gas mileage was about 31 mpg and my worst was 22. My fuel economy gauge on the dash is pretty much about 2 mpg higher than actual, kindof a a PITA, but I've given up there.

I've used it to haul many things, including moving my daughter in Miami, as well as moving out of my house into storage, then a few months later out of storage into my apartment. Everything went well, but I really do wish it had a 5 ft bed. I know I can put the gate up half way and other tricks, but there's something about hauling a 5 foot bed frame and being able to shut the gate without tying thigs down or worry about them getting wet or stolen.

I've moved both of my kayaks several times, my short one is 10 ft and I can just fit it in ok, the 12 footer sticks out quite a bit, but the hitch extender works great.

I've made a couple of trips to the beach and used the sand mode, I should have read up on it better, but it turns off traction control and locks it into a lower gear, which is fine when you're only going 10. I never thought I would get stuck or was worried. Some parts were deeper soft sand and some was slightly packed.

I never did get to test the towing, other than moving my tear drop around the yard, and then I sold it and haven't bought another, I hope to get it replaced soon.

The Diamondback cover works great. I think my bed is more secure than the cabin an I don't have any issues with it getting wet. It's pretty easy to operate to just open and load stuff in. I've loaded it up, I can move a queen mattress just on top easily and my grand daughter likes to climb on top when we are visiting some locations. My only complaint is that there is the occasional time I want to load something bigger and taller and removing the middle section is not a quick task.

I have the sunroof and the sliding rear window and I'm glad I have both. I do wish that I had the power rear window as that would make the sunroof more enjoyable. If I open the rear window first, the sunroof is nice, but sometimes I forget and I can't reach back there an do it. I wish there was a way to convert.

The seat heaters work great, and recently I was in the cold mountains and saying I wish I had heated mirrors (I live in FL) and didn't realize until later that I actually do. I'll have to try them out later.

I've had two oil changes and both went well. I think I still have a couple of open recalls, or at least I had a notice from ford that said they don't have the parts and would contact me when I can. The only issues I have been having is the radio is a POS. It sometimes freezes, sometimes doesn't work, I've had the volume stop working, etc.... The worst one was this time that the radio would not shut off. Car was off, key was out and car was locked, but the radio was still on, I was late for an appointment and couldn't fool around with it. Fortunately the battery didn't die. While it was at Ford, of course they couldn't diagnose as none of those problems occurred while it was there.

The hard plastics of the interior are easy to scratch and mine are all marked up, fortunately I really don't care. The spray in bed liner has held up well and I'm glad that I have that.

If I was buying it again, I wouldn't hesitate. I probably would jump to the Lariat for the keyless entry, wireless charging power rear window and if they made a hybrid AWD, I would get that in a heartbeat. My sister has the Lariat Hybrid, and I always tell her that I like driving hers better than mine as I find the 2.0EB a little buzy and jumpy.

beacch1.jpg

beach2.jpg

kayak1.jpg
I didn’t think it had a power tear window option, just manual. Am I wrong.

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

beacch1.jpg

beach2.jpg

kayak1.jpg
Nice review. 25,000 miles and only 2 oil changes? That seems a little far between oil changes for me. I have almost 18,000 on my Hybrid and have done 4 oil changes. Yes the plastics scratch but I am really aware of it and make a point not to rub them getting in or out of the truck. Overall I really like my Maverick.

MiMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Escape, '09 Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm looking at the Diamondback too, if/when I get my Mav. How long does it take to remove the middle section of the cover and how long does it take to put back?

Sponsored

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm looking at the Diamondback too, if/when I get my Mav. How long does it take to remove the middle section of the cover and how long does it take to put back?
Removing isn't so bad, as once you remove the two top panels (about 5 mins or less total) which each have two shocks to pop out, then lift fully and slide out, pull down an put aside. The middle section then has four bolts, two on each side with a clamp to remove. Assuming you have the socket, maybe another 5 minutes or so to remove. Putting it back is the reverse, but takes a little longer as you put on the center, then align everything by putting on the other panels, then going back and tightening it down. I'll give it a 15 min operation to put back. This is me working alone and being careful.

Note that the sections do fold all the way over, so I can lift up just the back section and fold it flat on top of itself if I need to hang something big out the back. I will say, when I first bought it, I had some install issues and customer service was very helpful and called me several times to review. Turns out I had one of the first, which had a problem with a bracket, which they quickly corrected.

The tie down cleats are quite handy, and several times I have loaded heavy stuff on top, I don't have any photos of that, but here's others of piling stuff on top.

I'd like to add a rack for going long distances with my kayak, but on the Diamond back, you lose access when you put the rack on, so I haven't done that yet.

Ford Maverick My 25,000 mile / 1 year XLT review mavload1
Ford Maverick My 25,000 mile / 1 year XLT review mavload2

90south

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey nice review! I have the exact same vehicle-XLT, EB, FX4, AWD cactus grey. To this day I always get compliments and comments about the color and the truck itself. I have very few complaints at all, I drive it all over southern Baja and have yet to be stuck in the sand. If there was one item I could grumble about it would be the mpg. I'm not sure where everyone gets their mileage from but my general mileage around town is lucky to be 20 mpg. However if I am doing only highway driving then I can easily average out at 31. I agree about the interior plastics. At first it upset me and now I have just accepted the fact that it's going to be scratched up. Other than that this is an amazing vehicle especially at the price.
I have the Lariat, EB, AWD and get the same MPG as you.

bbeverag

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 EB Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oil change monitors in today's cars monitor several driving conditions and determine the optimum time to change oil based on engineering testing of engines. Automatically changing oil every 3,000 miles is a holdover of engine and oil designs from decades ago and do not apply to today's engines.

Car manufacturers have raised the oil mileage intervals because of better engines and oil. Mercedes recommends 20,000 miles between oil changes unless you are using it as a taxi or driving in daily sandstorms. Amsoil also states 10,000 miles is not an uncommon interval to change the oil for non-extreme conditions.

But there will be those that feel they know better and will keep wasting oil and money.
I agree with you in principle. Modern oil, and modern engines are way better and the intervals required are higher. I don't think I know better than the engineers that designed the engine. To play devil's advocate however, I will argue that it is worth spending more on oil changes for peace of mind. I think that longer oil change intervals add up, and really only manifest at higher mileage.

I am not sure how much a maverick oil change will be, but let's use $75 as a reasonable starting point. Now let's also say that a high mileage 2.0EB that had twice as many oil changes might last a little bit longer, perhaps 5%. If an EB maverick was going to die at 150k, and instead would last for 157.5k and the cost of that was spending an additional $1,125 over the life of the vehicle, would you do it? I think I would. More importantly, I think you are going to get many more miles than just 5% with more frequent oil changes. Is it 10%, 20%, more? Will you drive it enough for it to matter? In my case it took over 10 years to get to 85k miles on my current vehicle. I am sure my maverick will get more use since my wife will be able to drive it (current car is a manual transmission), but I doubt I personally get it to 150k before I decide to get something new.
Sponsored