First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2022 2.0 XLT Luxury AWD/4k/FX4 in Cactus grey. I just hit 25k miles at the end of 2022 in just a few weeks past a year of ownership. I've posted a couple of previous reviews and this one may repeat some of those!

I've taken many trips short and long and each time it was great. My best gas mileage was about 31 mpg and my worst was 22. My fuel economy gauge on the dash is pretty much about 2 mpg higher than actual, kindof a a PITA, but I've given up there.

I've used it to haul many things, including moving my daughter in Miami, as well as moving out of my house into storage, then a few months later out of storage into my apartment. Everything went well, but I really do wish it had a 5 ft bed. I know I can put the gate up half way and other tricks, but there's something about hauling a 5 foot bed frame and being able to shut the gate without tying thigs down or worry about them getting wet or stolen.

I've moved both of my kayaks several times, my short one is 10 ft and I can just fit it in ok, the 12 footer sticks out quite a bit, but the hitch extender works great.

I've made a couple of trips to the beach and used the sand mode, I should have read up on it better, but it turns off traction control and locks it into a lower gear, which is fine when you're only going 10. I never thought I would get stuck or was worried. Some parts were deeper soft sand and some was slightly packed.

I never did get to test the towing, other than moving my tear drop around the yard, and then I sold it and haven't bought another, I hope to get it replaced soon.

The Diamondback cover works great. I think my bed is more secure than the cabin an I don't have any issues with it getting wet. It's pretty easy to operate to just open and load stuff in. I've loaded it up, I can move a queen mattress just on top easily and my grand daughter likes to climb on top when we are visiting some locations. My only complaint is that there is the occasional time I want to load something bigger and taller and removing the middle section is not a quick task.

I have the sunroof and the sliding rear window and I'm glad I have both. I do wish that I had the power rear window as that would make the sunroof more enjoyable. If I open the rear window first, the sunroof is nice, but sometimes I forget and I can't reach back there an do it. I wish there was a way to convert.

The seat heaters work great, and recently I was in the cold mountains and saying I wish I had heated mirrors (I live in FL) and didn't realize until later that I actually do. I'll have to try them out later.

I've had two oil changes and both went well. I think I still have a couple of open recalls, or at least I had a notice from ford that said they don't have the parts and would contact me when I can. The only issues I have been having is the radio is a POS. It sometimes freezes, sometimes doesn't work, I've had the volume stop working, etc.... The worst one was this time that the radio would not shut off. Car was off, key was out and car was locked, but the radio was still on, I was late for an appointment and couldn't fool around with it. Fortunately the battery didn't die. While it was at Ford, of course they couldn't diagnose as none of those problems occurred while it was there.

The hard plastics of the interior are easy to scratch and mine are all marked up, fortunately I really don't care. The spray in bed liner has held up well and I'm glad that I have that.

If I was buying it again, I wouldn't hesitate. I probably would jump to the Lariat for the keyless entry, wireless charging power rear window and if they made a hybrid AWD, I would get that in a heartbeat. My sister has the Lariat Hybrid, and I always tell her that I like driving hers better than mine as I find the 2.0EB a little buzy and jumpy.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

beacch1.jpg

beach2.jpg

kayak1.jpg
I have almost the same…. XLT, luxury pack, 4k pack awd and 33300 miles now.

i agree with you.!

i will buy again this truck… may be tremor version. Or EV in the future. The size is perfect, roomy, economic, comfy.!!
and pooowerwhen you push the gas!!

my complaint is the same … the radio. But if you push VOL AND FWD (4 buttons right) for 10 sec the radio will reset (not hard reset). And work again.!!

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
8 months with my alto blue xlt ecoboost 13.5k miles. Utilitarian uses endless with home and hunting. Like you stated would have no hesitations ordering a truck like this. So far this first year model truck has been nothing but a smile. MIke D. Michigan / Roush
Nice to hear most everyone likes there veh I’m still waiting on mine probably another 8 months. Jack and I were building probably the first V8 pintos back when he had the building In Livonia 👍😀 VP

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oil change monitors in today's cars monitor several driving conditions and determine the optimum time to change oil based on engineering testing of engines. Automatically changing oil every 3,000 miles is a holdover of engine and oil designs from decades ago and do not apply to today's engines.

Car manufacturers have raised the oil mileage intervals because of better engines and oil. Mercedes recommends 20,000 miles between oil changes unless you are using it as a taxi or driving in daily sandstorms. Amsoil also states 10,000 miles is not an uncommon interval to change the oil for non-extreme conditions.

But there will be those that feel they know better and will keep wasting oil and money.

Sponsored

Namrekcad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Xt4, 2003 Dakota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oil change monitors in today's cars monitor several driving conditions and determine the optimum time to change oil based on engineering testing of engines. Automatically changing oil every 3,000 miles is a holdover of engine and oil designs from decades ago and do not apply to today's engines.

Car manufacturers have raised the oil mileage intervals because of better engines and oil. Mercedes recommends 20,000 miles between oil changes unless you are using it as a taxi or driving in daily sandstorms. Amsoil also states 10,000 miles is not an uncommon interval to change the oil for non-extreme conditions.

But there will be those that feel they know better and will keep wasting oil and money.
Well said
Driven many newer cars past years only going by indicator or percentage life left.
3k oil changes is old school thinking.
But it can’t hurt if you do it except for wallet :)

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I'm sorry but this is wrong. These oil change intervals from their Engineers are to get this engine through the warranty period. They have no vested interest in getting this engine past the warranty period and very much have vested interest in bringing the appeared Maintenance cost down. Any professional tech that sees hundreds of these every year would tell you to never do 10000 mile oil changes.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That Kayak is about 90 pounds. I've carried it and my 10 footer (40 lbs) at the same time with no issue. This is the Harbor Freight extender and it's pretty hefty. With the tailgate down, it is only supporting a portion of the weight. So I would say it could handle 10 foot lumber, but how much and what kind of lumber.
I was worried about carrying my 8 foot kayak in the Mav bed! lol

Mike D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Escape, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice to hear most everyone likes there veh I’m still waiting on mine probably another 8 months. Jack and I were building probably the first V8 pintos back when he had the building In Livonia 👍😀 VP
Great to hear the history. I'm in AllnPrk/MI with Roush- Ford Prototype/ EVB and PDC. ( I call it the sexy shop) After getting to see it inside and out, stripped down and built I got the thumbs up from Engineers/ coordinators and techs months before release, rolled the dice into a fine new model. Price , function for that time I couldn't have done better. Worked in Livonia too, for the Nisson Titan. Been with Roush 6 yrs. Ordered in mid Feb/22 - recvd early April/22. Enjoy and be safe.

Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great review. It's good to know that there haven't been any maintenance issues except for the glitchy radio. I've had mine for almost a year and haven't had any radio issues. Mine's a Lariat EB AWD as well but without the FX4 package. I adore it! The best average fuel economy I've gotten was an impressive 32 mpg! All the comfort of a sedan/crossover with the added benefit of a pickup bed. How can you go wrong? The main thing I don't like is how easily scratchable the plastics are both inside and out. I don't even have to touch it and it'll find a way to scratch! Other than that, it's been wonderful. We have a Bronco Sport on the way to go with the Maverick and I can't wait to have the two side by side!

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great to hear the history. I'm in AllnPrk/MI with Roush- Ford Prototype/ EVB and PDC. ( I call it the sexy shop) After getting to see it inside and out, stripped down and built I got the thumbs up from Engineers/ coordinators and techs months before release, rolled the dice into a fine new model. Price , function for that time I couldn't have done better. Worked in Livonia too, for the Nisson Titan. Been with Roush 6 yrs. Ordered in mid Feb/22 - recvd early April/22. Enjoy and be safe.
I was born in Allen park!! On Shenandoah st. The Roush building used to b Montgomery Wards store. I was racing the pinto and mustang at Detroit Dragway and we rode pedal bikes to the dragway and snuck in.that was in the day of Gapp and Roush on schoolcraft I was going to Motech auto school.I got all my parts for the pinto from jack did the v8 drop in I’m my driveway. Stay safe. Living in Florida and retired 😀👍

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great review. It's good to know that there haven't been any maintenance issues except for the glitchy radio. I've had mine for almost a year and haven't had any radio issues. Mine's a Lariat EB AWD as well but without the FX4 package. I adore it! The best average fuel economy I've gotten was an impressive 32 mpg! All the comfort of a sedan/crossover with the added benefit of a pickup bed. How can you go wrong? The main thing I don't like is how easily scratchable the plastics are both inside and out. I don't even have to touch it and it'll find a way to scratch! Other than that, it's been wonderful. We have a Bronco Sport on the way to go with the Maverick and I can't wait to have the two side by side!
The radio in the Lariat is much nicer. My sister has that and it is clearer, maybe subjectively better sound and definitely much less glitchy.

I agree on the plastics, I bump the door with my keys in hand and there's a scratch :) It's an everyday vehicle and I'm always tossing stuff in there and plus with the dog taking up the back, I just accept it and move on.

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Almost to the 50k club 👍🏻 no major complaints
Awesome. If I keep up my schedule I should be there at the end of the year! Of course if my Bronco ever shows up, I'm sure the mileage will drop!

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Almost to the 50k club 👍🏻 no major complaints
image.jpg
33E973C5-C152-4035-B021-5A79B3780EF3.jpeg
AE1C8FE0-FDEA-4508-A3A4-38207CEE3C80.jpeg
67A82CB0-9C5F-426E-9288-976B30FB2024.jpeg
C0D33F5C-7345-4210-867C-F760100C6726.jpeg
It will probably take me 10 years to do 50,000 miles! Retired and the Mav will be a third vehicle for us. Daily driver is a 2016 Honda HRV with 44,000 miles on it in 7 years. Wanted to buy an Escape but more bang for the buck with the Honda. Felt roomier then the Escape and much better fuel economy.
Sponsored