First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2022 2.0 XLT Luxury AWD/4k/FX4 in Cactus grey. I just hit 25k miles at the end of 2022 in just a few weeks past a year of ownership. I've posted a couple of previous reviews and this one may repeat some of those!

I've taken many trips short and long and each time it was great. My best gas mileage was about 31 mpg and my worst was 22. My fuel economy gauge on the dash is pretty much about 2 mpg higher than actual, kindof a a PITA, but I've given up there.

I've used it to haul many things, including moving my daughter in Miami, as well as moving out of my house into storage, then a few months later out of storage into my apartment. Everything went well, but I really do wish it had a 5 ft bed. I know I can put the gate up half way and other tricks, but there's something about hauling a 5 foot bed frame and being able to shut the gate without tying thigs down or worry about them getting wet or stolen.

I've moved both of my kayaks several times, my short one is 10 ft and I can just fit it in ok, the 12 footer sticks out quite a bit, but the hitch extender works great.

I've made a couple of trips to the beach and used the sand mode, I should have read up on it better, but it turns off traction control and locks it into a lower gear, which is fine when you're only going 10. I never thought I would get stuck or was worried. Some parts were deeper soft sand and some was slightly packed.

I never did get to test the towing, other than moving my tear drop around the yard, and then I sold it and haven't bought another, I hope to get it replaced soon.

The Diamondback cover works great. I think my bed is more secure than the cabin an I don't have any issues with it getting wet. It's pretty easy to operate to just open and load stuff in. I've loaded it up, I can move a queen mattress just on top easily and my grand daughter likes to climb on top when we are visiting some locations. My only complaint is that there is the occasional time I want to load something bigger and taller and removing the middle section is not a quick task.

I have the sunroof and the sliding rear window and I'm glad I have both. I do wish that I had the power rear window as that would make the sunroof more enjoyable. If I open the rear window first, the sunroof is nice, but sometimes I forget and I can't reach back there an do it. I wish there was a way to convert.

The seat heaters work great, and recently I was in the cold mountains and saying I wish I had heated mirrors (I live in FL) and didn't realize until later that I actually do. I'll have to try them out later.

I've had two oil changes and both went well. I think I still have a couple of open recalls, or at least I had a notice from ford that said they don't have the parts and would contact me when I can. The only issues I have been having is the radio is a POS. It sometimes freezes, sometimes doesn't work, I've had the volume stop working, etc.... The worst one was this time that the radio would not shut off. Car was off, key was out and car was locked, but the radio was still on, I was late for an appointment and couldn't fool around with it. Fortunately the battery didn't die. While it was at Ford, of course they couldn't diagnose as none of those problems occurred while it was there.

The hard plastics of the interior are easy to scratch and mine are all marked up, fortunately I really don't care. The spray in bed liner has held up well and I'm glad that I have that.

If I was buying it again, I wouldn't hesitate. I probably would jump to the Lariat for the keyless entry, wireless charging power rear window and if they made a hybrid AWD, I would get that in a heartbeat. My sister has the Lariat Hybrid, and I always tell her that I like driving hers better than mine as I find the 2.0EB a little buzy and jumpy.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Ford Maverick My 25,000 mile / 1 year XLT review beacch1

Ford Maverick My 25,000 mile / 1 year XLT review beach2

Ford Maverick My 25,000 mile / 1 year XLT review kayak1
Sponsored

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey nice review! I have the exact same vehicle-XLT, EB, FX4, AWD cactus grey. To this day I always get compliments and comments about the color and the truck itself. I have very few complaints at all, I drive it all over southern Baja and have yet to be stuck in the sand. If there was one item I could grumble about it would be the mpg. I'm not sure where everyone gets their mileage from but my general mileage around town is lucky to be 20 mpg. However if I am doing only highway driving then I can easily average out at 31. I agree about the interior plastics. At first it upset me and now I have just accepted the fact that it's going to be scratched up. Other than that this is an amazing vehicle especially at the price.

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice review, i have an XLT Eco Cactus on the way.
Am i missing something or is 2 oil change in 25K miles a little sketchy ?

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice review, i have an XLT Eco Cactus on the way.
Am i missing something or is 2 oil change in 25K miles a little sketchy ?
nope, I’ve just followed the indicator and both have been around 10k miles. I used points for both and there should be enough for the third one soon.

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The kayak on the hitch extension is comically long. Glad it works though

Sponsored

Wetfoot77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger 2002 Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice review, However, turbocharged engines work hard and there is no way I would trust one to more than 5,000 miles on an oil change. Not if you plan on keeping it long term. My 2006 Ranger has 195,000 on it with a 4.0 ands run like new. It has had a full synthetic every 5,000 miles and the Mav will get the same treatment. Just saying.....

Mike D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Escape, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2022 2.0 XLT Luxury AWD/4k/FX4 in Cactus grey. I just hit 25k miles at the end of 2022 in just a few weeks past a year of ownership. I've posted a couple of previous reviews and this one may repeat some of those!

I've taken many trips short and long and each time it was great. My best gas mileage was about 31 mpg and my worst was 22. My fuel economy gauge on the dash is pretty much about 2 mpg higher than actual, kindof a a PITA, but I've given up there.

I've used it to haul many things, including moving my daughter in Miami, as well as moving out of my house into storage, then a few months later out of storage into my apartment. Everything went well, but I really do wish it had a 5 ft bed. I know I can put the gate up half way and other tricks, but there's something about hauling a 5 foot bed frame and being able to shut the gate without tying thigs down or worry about them getting wet or stolen.

I've moved both of my kayaks several times, my short one is 10 ft and I can just fit it in ok, the 12 footer sticks out quite a bit, but the hitch extender works great.

I've made a couple of trips to the beach and used the sand mode, I should have read up on it better, but it turns off traction control and locks it into a lower gear, which is fine when you're only going 10. I never thought I would get stuck or was worried. Some parts were deeper soft sand and some was slightly packed.

I never did get to test the towing, other than moving my tear drop around the yard, and then I sold it and haven't bought another, I hope to get it replaced soon.

The Diamondback cover works great. I think my bed is more secure than the cabin an I don't have any issues with it getting wet. It's pretty easy to operate to just open and load stuff in. I've loaded it up, I can move a queen mattress just on top easily and my grand daughter likes to climb on top when we are visiting some locations. My only complaint is that there is the occasional time I want to load something bigger and taller and removing the middle section is not a quick task.

I have the sunroof and the sliding rear window and I'm glad I have both. I do wish that I had the power rear window as that would make the sunroof more enjoyable. If I open the rear window first, the sunroof is nice, but sometimes I forget and I can't reach back there an do it. I wish there was a way to convert.

The seat heaters work great, and recently I was in the cold mountains and saying I wish I had heated mirrors (I live in FL) and didn't realize until later that I actually do. I'll have to try them out later.

I've had two oil changes and both went well. I think I still have a couple of open recalls, or at least I had a notice from ford that said they don't have the parts and would contact me when I can. The only issues I have been having is the radio is a POS. It sometimes freezes, sometimes doesn't work, I've had the volume stop working, etc.... The worst one was this time that the radio would not shut off. Car was off, key was out and car was locked, but the radio was still on, I was late for an appointment and couldn't fool around with it. Fortunately the battery didn't die. While it was at Ford, of course they couldn't diagnose as none of those problems occurred while it was there.

The hard plastics of the interior are easy to scratch and mine are all marked up, fortunately I really don't care. The spray in bed liner has held up well and I'm glad that I have that.

If I was buying it again, I wouldn't hesitate. I probably would jump to the Lariat for the keyless entry, wireless charging power rear window and if they made a hybrid AWD, I would get that in a heartbeat. My sister has the Lariat Hybrid, and I always tell her that I like driving hers better than mine as I find the 2.0EB a little buzy and jumpy.

beacch1.jpg

beach2.jpg

kayak1.jpg
8 months with my alto blue xlt ecoboost 13.5k miles. Utilitarian uses endless with home and hunting. Like you stated would have no hesitations ordering a truck like this. So far this first year model truck has been nothing but a smile. MIke D. Michigan / Roush

barxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you think the hitch extension can handle 10 ft lumber hanging out that far . The kayak is probably not that heavy . What brand of extender is it . How far past the tailgate is it . Thanks .

OP
OP
spyderman01

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you think the hitch extension can handle 10 ft lumber hanging out that far . The kayak is probably not that heavy . What brand of extender is it . How far past the tailgate is it . Thanks .
That Kayak is about 90 pounds. I've carried it and my 10 footer (40 lbs) at the same time with no issue. This is the Harbor Freight extender and it's pretty hefty. With the tailgate down, it is only supporting a portion of the weight. So I would say it could handle 10 foot lumber, but how much and what kind of lumber.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the same truck just in Area 51. Had since Oct 21 so about 15 months and I'm at 24k. I live in Maine and unfortunately I don't have the heated seats or mirrors. I wish I had the mirrors... I am currently 4k into my current oil and the Intelligent oil gauge says it is at 61% life so I would believe the truck is saying 10k for oil changes. I am approaching my 5th one cause I have always changed it at 3k then started at 5k later when oils had gotten better.

I don't really have any complaints with mine. The AWD combined with the tires that came on truck have been unstoppable up here. Had a good storm on Friday that had people driving slow but the truck barely noticed. Was following a guy that was having a hard time and got stuck spinning his tires just before the top of a hill which made me stop in the middle. Once we got him over I hopped back in and took off 0 issues/ no spinning truck just took off. (I did pass him shortly after cause there were no more bad spots but I couldn't take driving 10mph any longer and went back to 40-45)

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

beacch1.jpg

beach2.jpg

kayak1.jpg
One of the best reviews I've read about the Maverick. Like you've mentioned, the more you drive it, the more you find things good, and things that need attention. I'm sure Ford reviews our reports on there products, and when the next generation Mavericks get built, they will address, and upgrade these areas. A+++++ for your review.

HolyCarp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Gray XLT Eco AWD FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

NebraskaMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
nope, I’ve just followed the indicator and both have been around 10k miles. I used points for both and there should be enough for the third one soon.
Do not follow the indicator, change your oil at 5K miles at a minimum ( ecoboost).

NebraskaMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the same truck just in Area 51. Had since Oct 21 so about 15 months and I'm at 24k. I live in Maine and unfortunately I don't have the heated seats or mirrors. I wish I had the mirrors... I am currently 4k into my current oil and the Intelligent oil gauge says it is at 61% life so I would believe the truck is saying 10k for oil changes. I am approaching my 5th one cause I have always changed it at 3k then started at 5k later when oils had gotten better.

I don't really have any complaints with mine. The AWD combined with the tires that came on truck have been unstoppable up here. Had a good storm on Friday that had people driving slow but the truck barely noticed. Was following a guy that was having a hard time and got stuck spinning his tires just before the top of a hill which made me stop in the middle. Once we got him over I hopped back in and took off 0 issues/ no spinning truck just took off. (I did pass him shortly after cause there were no more bad spots but I couldn't take driving 10mph any longer and went back to 40-45)
Your smart on the oil changes, 5K is a EB maximum, I change mine at 3,500 miles

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your smart on the oil changes, 5K is a EB maximum, I change mine at 3,500 miles
Ya I only push it to 5k on a broken in motor and only on Synthetic oils. I personally have never trusted a cars oil life sensor. Some have been spot on but I prefer to keep it at a set schedule...

I mean shit happens and it may happen beforehand a bad head or head gasket come to mind.... which I know we're known issues with EB engines in the past don't know if it still rings true
Sponsored