Sponsored

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma Review & Comparison (by former 3rd gen owner) IMG_0652

I got my 2024 Tacoma allocated to my dealer on 12/22. From that date all I did was watch videos and reviews about it hyping myself until the day it arrived. Finally almost two month later I picked it up on 2/15.

First thing I’ll say is that the videos on YouTube are just a small snippet of what this truck has and can do. I had a 2021 Tacoma and traded up to the 2024. The biggest thing I was looking forward to was the drive. Going from leaf springs and drum brakes in the back to the coil springs and disk brakes was the biggest thing I was looking forward to checking out. After my first drive I quickly realized that the 2024 Tacoma was a much better drive. When stopping, it no longer feels like it’s the front brakes doing all the work. They’re doing a lot of road work in my area and it was the perfect opportunity to test out the new suspension and it was smooth! The difference in ride is absolutely amazing.

Moving on to all the technology. I’ve never had to open up a manual book before but seeing all kinds of new lights on the dashboard had me wondering what it all was. With the adding of Toyota Sense 3.0 I was seeing all kinds of new thing. The bigger 14” screen is amazing. Finally having wireless Apple CarPlay is a big deal for me.

The inside is awesome. I personally feel like the inside is bigger than the previous generation. I know that goes against a lot of what others are saying but it’s my own opinion. In the end, I love this truck!
Sponsored

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
IMG_0652.jpeg

I got my 2024 Tacoma allocated to my dealer on 12/22. From that date all I did was watch videos and reviews about it hyping myself until the day it arrived. Finally almost two month later I picked it up on 2/15.

First thing I’ll say is that the videos on YouTube are just a small snippet of what this truck has and can do. I had a 2021 Tacoma and traded up to the 2024. The biggest thing I was looking forward to was the drive. Going from leaf springs and drum brakes in the back to the coil springs and disk brakes was the biggest thing I was looking forward to checking out. After my first drive I quickly realized that the 2024 Tacoma was a much better drive. When stopping, it no longer feels like it’s the front brakes doing all the work. They’re doing a lot of road work in my area and it was the perfect opportunity to test out the new suspension and it was smooth! The difference in ride is absolutely amazing.

Moving on to all the technology. I’ve never had to open up a manual book before but seeing all kinds of new lights on the dashboard had me wondering what it all was. With the adding of Toyota Sense 3.0 I was seeing all kinds of new thing. The bigger 14” screen is amazing. Finally having wireless Apple CarPlay is a big deal for me.

The inside is awesome. I personally feel like the inside is bigger than the previous generation. I know that goes against a lot of what others are saying but it’s my own opinion. In the end, I love this truck!
I have a 19 TRD OFF ROAD 4X4 auto. I paid around 42, is the 24 TRD OFF ROAD w/premium pkg worth 10k more?

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
I'm waiting for one like yours to arrive at my Dealership.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
I'm waiting for one like yours to arrive at my Dealership.
I let them know what I wanted and they called me up once it showed up in the system ready for allocation.

Tacoma Albert

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma TRD Off-road
I feel that the rear disc brakes in the rust belt ( Ontario) is not good for the reason that salt and road grime gets caught and the disc brakes seize up in a few years. Drums are basically maintenance free.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
I feel that the rear disc brakes in the rust belt ( Ontario) is not good for the reason that salt and road grime gets caught and the disc brakes seize up in a few years. Drums are basically maintenance free.
I’d agree that it depends on your location. Being in CA myself we don’t get a lot of rain. We did recently but in reality it’s a dry state.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
I live in Wisconsin and I have never had my disc brakes seize up due to rust.

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited
Does that happen with your front brakes?

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Oh and I forgot to mention no CAT shield needed. Not sure about your area, but it has been getting to be a problem where I live for the Tacoma. Also the tailgate is now locked when the truck is locked!

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Oh and I forgot to mention no CAT shield needed. Not sure about your area, but it has been getting to be a problem where I live for the Tacoma. Also the tailgate is now locked when the truck is locked!
Yeah they tucked the CAT in so it’s hard to access. On my 21 Tacoma I bought the plug and play adapter so that the tailgate locked with the doors. I enjoy that this truck comes standard with it. And you can even lock and unlock the doors with the buttons on the tailgate. I like that it goes up and down with the push of a button. I showed my four year old son and regret it. His favorite feature.

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
I'm in Newfoundland where snow and salt are here for 4-5 months of the year and never had an issue with rusted disc brakes other than having to hit the rotor a few times to get it off when replacing the brakes. I had a 2008 Tundra for 8 years and changed the brakes once and also no issues with rust. I'm sure there's rust on any iron product out in the elements, but discs are pretty much maintenance free until they need to be changed due to remaining life..

Johnny919

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep grand cherokee
IMG_0652.jpeg

Congrats! How was the driving experience/power compared to v6?
Sponsored