First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am still putting together the numbers, but I will report on my 17 day, 5600 mile trip. A few things I can tell you right now:

- my finicky wife was totally, completely happy with the comfort of the XLT seats. We had a few long days but no problem.​
- From Michigan to Colorado, then to NM, UT, ID WY, MT, MN WI and back to Michigan, 42.4 mpg's over all. Or is that m's pg?​
- I grew up driving rear wheel, one wheel drive GM boats with bad tires in the snow, so I had no problem in the national parks and quite a few dirt roads mixed in. My Mav is XLT hybrid, so FWD only.​
- A couple of times the Info screen froze up, but either came back on in a few minutes, or stayed off until the next time I stopped and re-started. That longer time was after 5 hours driving up I-15 in Utah, in 108 degree weather. Maybe that bothered it somehow?​
- I still wish I had a CD player!​
- Night vision is very good.​
- re: the hot, hot weather we experienced, the AC had no problem keeping our interior cool.​
- It's such a hoot to drive all day and then go fill it up and it takes 8 gallons. Like on the way back, I filled up in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, in the morning. Then we took Route 2 through Duluth, through Ashland, Wisconsin, on into the UP of Michigan, went through Porcupine mountain drive (Lake of the Clouds overlook), then on to Marquette, overnighted in Marquette, and drove almost to St. Ignace before re-fueling. I mean, it took like 11.8 gallons that time, but holy mackerel, with such a small tank to easily do 475 or 500 miles on a tank is just CRAZY.​

So, I'm still doing my laundry and cleaning up the yard, so I will write more in a day or two.
I had the screen going blank issue too. First Maverick dealer had never worked one, last week. Dealer fixed it and reported that it was a corroded cable connector into the screen. Screen went blank when changing into ”D”. Go back to Neutral and display came back on, or turn off and back on, but was an intermittent issue. Did keep the Maverick for 3 days to check the issue and do oil change and 5,000 service check. Screen behind steering wheel had to come out and cleaned cable connection and reinstalled…ok now.

Did learn, standard FORD dealers policy if" under warranty" free fix. If not under warranty charge is $183 to diagnose cause of problem, then additional charges for whatever it takes to fix….I may buy another Maverick before warranty runs out.

Have found A/C does use more battery so more gas. I also found use of Auto light does take up battery charge, as well as heater, ,sucking a little off MPG. Driving in ECONOMY mode on long trips, especially in the mountains is worth it in gas savings, very little different in performance compared to Normal mode...daily neighborhood trips are hardly worth switching to Economy mode. Sport mode is 100% ICE engine.

I too have a 5,000 miles trip Atlanta to Seattle if it ever cools off.

CD Player: Copy off your music to a USB flash drive…and so much more confident than old school CD. I have roughly 700’s CD of a variety, Have the little 3 GB flash drive for $3.00@ From AliExpress and each 3GB flash drive stores up to 500 songs…but have multiple flash drives are sorted by country, pop, classic, etc. Convert music from Itunes (off of a PC) directly to my Flash Drives. Display lists of songs is so much faster from a Flash Drive…and flash drive never wear out. I also have music on IPhone and use GooglePlay when using Iphone for GPS.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did learn, standard FORD dealers policy if under warranty free fix. If not under warranty $183 to diagnose cause of problem, then additional charges for what ever it takes to fix….I may buy another Maverick before warranty runs out.
"Extended warranties are a scam for profit! I'll just buy a whole new truck! That'll show 'em!"

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Extended warranties are a scam for profit! I'll just buy a whole new truck! That'll show 'em!"
Dealer service rep. said if my bad cable connection was not under warranty it would probably have been in the $550-$600 range for repair, including the $183 service to find the problem.

Last edited:

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been waiting for someone to report a CD player that works with the Maverick's stereo system. So the name of the cd player you ordered is USBplay1 CD? Do you mind if I ask were your purchased it?
The one I purchased is called an AEI cd player, there are 2 versions, 1 & 2, #1 version does work with the XLT radio. You can get them on ebay or amazon, check around for price usually you can get one for about $100, but some sites are selling them for $300, same part #. It was so easy to install, 2 pieces of velcro to stick it under the bottom of the hvac system, plug it into the usb port & that's all, it will cover up the small bluish light that is under there. It's so much easier than downloading your cds to a computer, then transfer to a usb stick, & how to you label a usb stick to know what's on it. It may be old school but for us older people it's much easier & cheaper.

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Rapid Red 2.5L Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Get one of those USBplay1 CD players, I love mine, took 5 minutes to install & really takes advantage of the factory sound system, if you shop right it cheap too, I paid $70.
Like most I enjoyed my CD's, but some years ago started ripping them to my pc. Basically converting them to digital music files, so now I just xfer them to a 1/4 inch 128GB or 256GB thumb drive and can play them on my Maverick. I also did this with movies & audio books, now up until recently the movies would only play as audio thru the stereo, but they sounded great while driving + being safer and/or legal while driving. I did mention recently b/c I can now play movies/youtube on the Maverick's screen, but NOT while driving! For those that are asking, some of us are a bit Old School and we like to actually own what we buy without having to require a network connection or paid services. BTW, this works on both USBC & USB in fact I have my android cell plugged into the USBC via a USBC to USB converter and my thumb drive into the USB.

Sponsored

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am still putting together the numbers, but I will report on my 17 day, 5600 mile trip. A few things I can tell you right now:

- my finicky wife was totally, completely happy with the comfort of the XLT seats. We had a few long days but no problem.​
- From Michigan to Colorado, then to NM, UT, ID WY, MT, MN WI and back to Michigan, 42.4 mpg's over all. Or is that m's pg?​
- I grew up driving rear wheel, one wheel drive GM boats with bad tires in the snow, so I had no problem in the national parks and quite a few dirt roads mixed in. My Mav is XLT hybrid, so FWD only.​
- A couple of times the Info screen froze up, but either came back on in a few minutes, or stayed off until the next time I stopped and re-started. That longer time was after 5 hours driving up I-15 in Utah, in 108 degree weather. Maybe that bothered it somehow?​
- re: the hot, hot weather we experienced, the AC had no problem keeping our interior cool.​
- It's such a hoot to drive all day and then go fill it up and it takes 8 gallons. Like on the way back, I filled up in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, in the morning. Then we took Route 2 through Duluth, through Ashland, Wisconsin, on into the UP of Michigan, went through Porcupine mountain drive (Lake of the Clouds overlook), then on to Marquette, overnighted in Marquette, and drove almost to St. Ignace before re-fueling. I mean, it took like 11.8 gallons that time, but holy mackerel, with such a small tank to easily do 475 or 500 miles on a tank is just CRAZY.​

So, I'm still doing my laundry and cleaning up the yard, so I will write more in a day or two.
Another Michigander who LOVES the hybrid maverick. I have just over 12k on the clock, and am averaging 43.1 mpg, with roughly 40 percent hwy, 60 percent city. Fantastic little truck. Home Run for FOMOCO! and us! great review, thanks! and enjoy!

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

A "finicky" wife? What kind of crazy talk is that? I've never heard of such a thing.

djarms12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wildfire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Audi A3 TDI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The one I purchased is called an AEI cd player, there are 2 versions, 1 & 2, #1 version does work with the XLT radio. You can get them on ebay or amazon, check around for price usually you can get one for about $100, but some sites are selling them for $300, same part #. It was so easy to install, 2 pieces of velcro to stick it under the bottom of the hvac system, plug it into the usb port & that's all, it will cover up the small bluish light that is under there. It's so much easier than downloading your cds to a computer, then transfer to a usb stick, & how to you label a usb stick to know what's on it. It may be old school but for us older people it's much easier & cheaper.

Thanks! I will check it out.

djarms12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wildfire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Audi A3 TDI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like most I enjoyed my CD's, but some years ago started ripping them to my pc. Basically converting them to digital music files, so now I just xfer them to a 1/4 inch 128GB or 256GB thumb drive and can play them on my Maverick. I also did this with movies & audio books, now up until recently the movies would only play as audio thru the stereo, but they sounded great while driving + being safer and/or legal while driving. I did mention recently b/c I can now play movies/youtube on the Maverick's screen, but NOT while driving! For those that are asking, some of us are a bit Old School and we like to actually own what we buy without having to require a network connection or paid services. BTW, this works on both USBC & USB in fact I have my android cell plugged into the USBC via a USBC to USB converter and my thumb drive into the USB.
I would try transferring the CD's to a thumb drive but my problem is my desktop is about 10 years old and slow. Not even sure it would work. I think is is still Microsoft Windows 7. My laptop does not have an internal cd drive so I think I would have to purchase an additional device for external plug in to transfer the data to the laptop then to the thumb drive? How long does it take to transfer to the hard drive then to the thumb drive? Oh, as you can guess, not to tech savvy.

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would try transferring the CD's to a thumb drive but my problem is my desktop is about 10 years old and slow. Not even sure it would work. I think is is still Microsoft Windows 7. My laptop does not have an internal cd drive so I think I would have to purchase an additional device for external plug in to transfer the data to the laptop then to the thumb drive? How long does it take to transfer to the hard drive then to the thumb drive? Oh, as you can guess, not to tech savvy.
Completely understand :)
xfer times can vary depending on the PC...Hard Drive...USB version. Another option is to solicit others that want to earn some extra money...maybe family members that have teenage kids. Play around with the idea teenage kids have adapted very well to taking on this type of challenge. The one positive is that once it's done you should be good for many, many years. Best of Luck, I really hope you'll be able to accomplish this.

Sponsored

djarms12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wildfire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Audi A3 TDI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never thought about the use of teenagers to assist with the transfer of media. Thanks for the idea!

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My PC is still using Windows 7 (building a new computer as we speak). I've transferred ripped CD's to a USB flash drive many times using windows media player. No problem. As far as not having a CD player, I have an old windows 7 notebook/laptop with no internal optical drive and was able to buy an external drive to plug into the USB port of my notebook when I needed it. They are cheaper than the car versions.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=external...cal+drive+,aps,167&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_5_23

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

At what speed did you normally travel?

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I never thought about the use of teenagers to assist with the transfer of media. Thanks for the idea!
Just for reference (there are many other choices) this is what I use and works great in my Maverick. This gives me the option to use (2) USB devices vs. (1) USB-C & (1) USB

Ford Maverick My 17 day 5600 mile road trip in Maverick XLT Hybrid USB C to USB.JPG

Ford Maverick My 17 day 5600 mile road trip in Maverick XLT Hybrid Flash Drive.JPG

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How in the world are you averaging 42 MPG when driving on the highway? Are you driving 60 MPH? (If in Texas, you would do that in the left lane. Seems Texans going below the speed limit own the left lane.)

Headed on a 2,000 mile journey through Colorado starting Sunday and would love that kind of mileage but I wanna get where I am going sooner than later.....
Sponsored