First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am still putting together the numbers, but I will report on my 17 day, 5600 mile trip. A few things I can tell you right now:

- my finicky wife was totally, completely happy with the comfort of the XLT seats. We had a few long days but no problem.​
- From Michigan to Colorado, then to NM, UT, ID WY, MT, MN WI and back to Michigan, 42.4 mpg's over all. Or is that m's pg?​
- I grew up driving rear wheel, one wheel drive GM boats with bad tires in the snow, so I had no problem in the national parks and quite a few dirt roads mixed in. My Mav is XLT hybrid, so FWD only.​
- A couple of times the Info screen froze up, but either came back on in a few minutes, or stayed off until the next time I stopped and re-started. That longer time was after 5 hours driving up I-15 in Utah, in 108 degree weather. Maybe that bothered it somehow?​
- I still wish I had a CD player!​
- Night vision is very good.​
- re: the hot, hot weather we experienced, the AC had no problem keeping our interior cool.​
- It's such a hoot to drive all day and then go fill it up and it takes 8 gallons. Like on the way back, I filled up in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, in the morning. Then we took Route 2 through Duluth, through Ashland, Wisconsin, on into the UP of Michigan, went through Porcupine mountain drive (Lake of the Clouds overlook), then on to Marquette, overnighted in Marquette, and drove almost to St. Ignace before re-fueling. I mean, it took like 11.8 gallons that time, but holy mackerel, with such a small tank to easily do 475 or 500 miles on a tank is just CRAZY.​

So, I'm still doing my laundry and cleaning up the yard, so I will write more in a day or two.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your info. Living in Michigan and knowing the distances of the U.P. cities and landmarks you mentioned gave me a great visual.

OP
OP
UpNorthBuckeye

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your info. Living in Michigan and knowing the distances of the U.P. cities and landmarks you mentioned gave me a great visual.
So you will also understand that after gassing up outside of St. Ignace, we crossed the bridge, took I75 south as far as St. Helen, took a side trip to visit my cousin, then came back west on 55 to 127, then 127 all the way south through the construction in Jackson, and on to our home in Adrian. The next morning (today) I filled it up and it took 10.5 gallons or something. So yeah, it's crazy. I'm used to my Expedition, where a drive like that, if I really babied it, would require 18-20 gallons. It's a nice change.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last week my wife and I finished a 6000 mile trip in our XL hybrid. No complaints at all about comfort, it is a great long distance vehicle.

We averaged just over 43 mpg for the trip.

OP
OP
UpNorthBuckeye

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last week my wife and I finished a 6000 mile trip in our XL hybrid. No complaints at all about comfort, it is a great long distance vehicle.

We averaged just over 43 mpg for the trip.
Bushpilot, did you go up and down the coast???

Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
- my finicky wife was totally, completely happy with the comfort of the XLT seats.​
Awesome to hear that.

My wife is the same. We drove from VA to NY yesterday. That was my wife's first time in the truck for that long and she mentioned a couple of times how smooth and quite the ride is in the mountains of NY.

Ponyprez

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 2+2, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2015 Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am still putting together the numbers, but I will report on my 17 day, 5600 mile trip. A few things I can tell you right now:

- my finicky wife was totally, completely happy with the comfort of the XLT seats. We had a few long days but no problem.​
- From Michigan to Colorado, then to NM, UT, ID WY, MT, MN WI and back to Michigan, 42.4 mpg's over all. Or is that m's pg?​
- I grew up driving rear wheel, one wheel drive GM boats with bad tires in the snow, so I had no problem in the national parks and quite a few dirt roads mixed in. My Mav is XLT hybrid, so FWD only.​
- A couple of times the Info screen froze up, but either came back on in a few minutes, or stayed off until the next time I stopped and re-started. That longer time was after 5 hours driving up I-15 in Utah, in 108 degree weather. Maybe that bothered it somehow?​
- re: the hot, hot weather we experienced, the AC had no problem keeping our interior cool.​
- It's such a hoot to drive all day and then go fill it up and it takes 8 gallons. Like on the way back, I filled up in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, in the morning. Then we took Route 2 through Duluth, through Ashland, Wisconsin, on into the UP of Michigan, went through Porcupine mountain drive (Lake of the Clouds overlook), then on to Marquette, overnighted in Marquette, and drove almost to St. Ignace before re-fueling. I mean, it took like 11.8 gallons that time, but holy mackerel, with such a small tank to easily do 475 or 500 miles on a tank is just CRAZY.​

So, I'm still doing my laundry and cleaning up the yard, so I will write more in a day or two.
I really enjoy reading these personal review's and Thank you and the others for honest opinions with both the good and bad. I was denied placing an order for a Hybrid XLT Lariat Luxury package and will be at my dealership on the first to prompt my sales person to get it placed first thing the next morning. Enjoy and safe travels.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geez, our explorer is averaging like 3k miles a year and you guys are out here driving 6k miles in the span of of a few weeks. Respect haha.

EclipseJTB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux (built, awaiting shipment)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geez, our explorer is averaging like 3k miles a year and you guys are out here driving 6k miles in the span of of a few weeks. Respect haha.
To be fair, the gas mileage probably has something to do with that. ;)

Sponsored

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to hear about the comfy seats. My wife is picky too, and with how bad the seats are in her Dad's Colorado, I was concerned about the Mav, but I keep hearing good things, and we may consider it over our minivan for our 3K mile trip in August... That will depend on kids...

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Get one of those USBplay1 CD players, I love mine, took 5 minutes to install & really takes advantage of the factory sound system, if you shop right it cheap too, I paid $70.

djarms12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wildfire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Audi A3 TDI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been waiting for someone to report a CD player that works with the Maverick's stereo system. So the name of the cd player you ordered is USBplay1 CD? Do you mind if I ask were your purchased it?

OP
OP
UpNorthBuckeye

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get one of those USBplay1 CD players, I love mine, took 5 minutes to install & really takes advantage of the factory sound system, if you shop right it cheap too, I paid $70.
Sounds worth looking into, for sure.
Sponsored