First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So here's my 2000 mile update. It took me a little longer to get there since It's been a lot more city driving. These are more just my thoughts after a month of ownership.

I'm averaging in the 24's with probably at least 60% city. Note that the on board computer is always 1 - 1.5 higher than what I actually calculate myself, except for one time when it was spot on. Pretty decent on the mileage overall.

I do like the brake assist and I find that I almost never disable the autostop. The brake assist hold well anytime I stop. Then you don't even notice it start back up when you push on the gas. This may be a combination of how the system is setup and the small little 2.0 doesn't make much noise or shutter when it restarts. Probably the only time I would think to turn it off is when I'm on I4 in a traffic mess where we inch forward every 10 seconds!

I do not like the underseat vents. Yes, they don't circulate well in the back seat, but for me, the bigger problem seems to be I drop stuff and then the vent is in the way of my hand trying to retrieve it from under the seat!

I'm glad I got the sunroof, it works well and we are finally in sunroof season here, so it's been welcome.

No strange rattles, vibrations, noises, etc... Power is plenty. I haven't yet towed my trailer, but my kayak with the extender works well.

Future plans, I will probably get a bed mat, even though I have spray in liner and eventually a bed cover, just not sure which one yet.

The only issue I had is that the doors auto locked on me one time and I'm not sure why, but it didn't happen again and thankfully I had the other keys nearby. Oh, and the radio reception sucks. My antenna is on, but my old wrangler with the stubby worked much better so not sure what's up.

I have only seen one other Mav around here, a HPR, so I've been followed and lots of people start looking at it in the parking lot. It can be a little concerning when you come out of the store and people are looking in your windows. But they've all been friendly so far.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great review!
Someone mentioned break in period-as being only in the past. Apparently the SC has a formal break in period.
I am encouraged by the owner reviews. But it appears any trucklette for me won’t happen til 2023.
Oh well.

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They probably have never seen a trucklette before?

I can't wait till my trucklette is built!!
Trucklette a GREAT name for it!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored