John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those waiting for a Maverick..

The preamble: I have an Alto Blue EB XLT FWD. It has a few add-ons like LUX and 360 packages plus SIBL, tow package and moonroof. The only major add-ons after I got it we're the Ford hard roll up tonneau and tinting the front windows a wee bit darker.

Likes: 99.9 percent of the truck. Works perfect for whatever I need it to do.. hauling people, hauling stuff in the bed, hauling people and stuff in the bed. Good mpg... I have gotten 30 mpg on the highway. Small enough to park like a car.. big enough to carry anything I need to. For the price, well kitted out and functionally versatile. The color... Everyone has their favorites. The Alto Blue looks black.. most people think I drive a black truck... But when the light is right... The blue really pops and sparkles. Pictures don't do it justice. With the hard roll-up tonneau cover I have a very secure "trunk." The bed has plenty of cut outs to add partitions and tie downs to secure bulky stuff. I like the interior... I know that's controversial.. lol... It works for me, comfortable, simple clean design and just a little quirky enough not to be boring.

Dislike: I have to be really picky to say I dislike anything. I would like a better radio design... but.. most of the time I run it with Android Auto so it is pretty much a moot point.

Overall: Dang it... I like this truck. For me... It checks all my boxes. Would I recommend it? Absolutely! I have had zero problems. It has exceeded my expectations. If you are waiting for yours to arrive... You are really going to appreciate it. For those shopping around and still researching... These are far more than just a small truck. Features, versatility and comfort far exceed the cost.

That's my 10,000 mile review .. and I'm sticking to it!

PXL_20220921_222016409.jpg

[/QUOTEI ]
I have 8600 miles on my XLT Alto Blue. 2.0 AWD. Bought as second vehicle my wife and I like it so much we sold our 2020 Edge. Getting 29 around town and keeping rpm’s just below 2000 I am getting 35 on hwy. We have roll up tonneau cover. Had people in backseat say they have room. We have not had a single issue. Seeing how it is going to be our main vehicle we just 23 Lariat with Luxury pkg.
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am turning 4000 miles today and had only one tire issue but other than that no issues.
I love this truck. The price for what it does is a no brainer.
I seem to haul something every weekend. Patio stones this weekend.
Can’t wait to see how it handles in deep snow.

7CCB3EA8-6AC4-4D82-B879-0840BED880E3.jpeg
Good looking truck! I like the hood protector. Flat black? Who's the vendor?

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good looking truck! I like the hood protector. Flat black? Who's the vendor?
Thanks, It’s a Ford Deflector that was discontinued.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, It’s a Ford Deflector that was discontinued.
You're welcome! Always great to see those little personal touch mods that indicate pride of ownership. Too bad that deflector was discontinued .... I like the look

Reeder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am at 3,500 on my Alto Blue EXT Hybrid. I like it enough to order a '23 model XLT in the EB to see which one I want to keep. The only negative I have so far is the AC is not cooling adequately. I'm not talking just the first 5 minutes - it just is not doing the job in this Texas heat. I thought it was just me until my son borrowed it and had the same observation. The passenger vent is blowing (somewhat) cool but it is warm coming outside the other vents. Weird I know. Curious if this is just mine .
It could be low on freon. I live by Nashville and we had hot weather since April. Weeks of high 90-100s plus heat index for weeks on end. Mine gets super cold, had to turn down after few mins. We only cooled down last week or so. I would get it checked out for sure.

Sponsored

DartinDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also Alto Blue XLT Lux, the only issue I have with the truck is the paint itself, like others have reported it is super soft, I've had mine two months tomorrow and I already have two chips down to the metal that I had to cover with touch up paint. It also picks up every speck of dust and dirt. I washed and waxed it real good last week and you can't even tell from all the dust all over it. I might have it ceramic coated just to not have to wash it every week.
Have you tried any of the Meguiers Hybrid Ceramic spray detailing and treatments, almost everything just washed off with water. I have a shadow black one... Always looks good.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you tried any of the Meguiers Hybrid Ceramic spray detailing and treatments, almost everything just washed off with water. I have a shadow black one... Always looks good.
I looked at it at walmart and was wondering if it was worth it. Part of my problem is we have hard water at our house and I believe is one of the culprits with stuff on the truck. I'll give that a shot though.

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am at 3,500 on my Alto Blue EXT Hybrid. I like it enough to order a '23 model XLT in the EB to see which one I want to keep. The only negative I have so far is the AC is not cooling adequately. I'm not talking just the first 5 minutes - it just is not doing the job in this Texas heat. I thought it was just me until my son borrowed it and had the same observation. The passenger vent is blowing (somewhat) cool but it is warm coming outside the other vents. Weird I know. Curious if this is just mine .
I added the tow package and FX4 package to get the upgraded cooling capacity, specifically for A/C performance in LV, NV heat. I'm not disappointed in the least! A/C works great!

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great to see so many alto blue Mav owners here like me! Yes it looks black at dusk really beautiful. I uploaded this video recently to show it in different lights. My carb grey also changes colors. Hope this helps. Oh and sorry, I ordered these summer of 2021 right after launch, way before the long line.

Last edited:

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Russ, like I show on the videos on my Mav channel, I highly recommend you keep both versions because they have different uses. We use our hybrid for city driving and summer road trips because it averages +10 mph better than our turbo. We use our turbo AWD for mud & snow road conditions, light off road, and for 4k towing. With 2 for the price of one full size, you really get the best of both worlds. And we save much more on gas then the $80 per month ins cost for each.
Sponsored