Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For those waiting for a Maverick..

The preamble: I have an Alto Blue EB XLT FWD. It has a few add-ons like LUX and 360 packages plus SIBL, tow package and moonroof. The only major add-ons after I got it we're the Ford hard roll up tonneau and tinting the front windows a wee bit darker.

Likes: 99.9 percent of the truck. Works perfect for whatever I need it to do.. hauling people, hauling stuff in the bed, hauling people and stuff in the bed. Good mpg... I have gotten 30 mpg on the highway. Small enough to park like a car.. big enough to carry anything I need to. For the price, well kitted out and functionally versatile. The color... Everyone has their favorites. The Alto Blue looks black.. most people think I drive a black truck... But when the light is right... The blue really pops and sparkles. Pictures don't do it justice. With the hard roll-up tonneau cover I have a very secure "trunk." The bed has plenty of cut outs to add partitions and tie downs to secure bulky stuff. I like the interior... I know that's controversial.. lol... It works for me, comfortable, simple clean design and just a little quirky enough not to be boring.

Dislike: I have to be really picky to say I dislike anything. I would like a better radio design... but.. most of the time I run it with Android Auto so it is pretty much a moot point.

Overall: Dang it... I like this truck. For me... It checks all my boxes. Would I recommend it? Absolutely! I have had zero problems. It has exceeded my expectations. If you are waiting for yours to arrive... You are really going to appreciate it. For those shopping around and still researching... These are far more than just a small truck. Features, versatility and comfort far exceed the cost.

That's my 10,000 mile review .. and I'm sticking to it!

Ford Maverick My 10,000 mile XLT review: Would I recommend it? Absolutely! PXL_20220921_222016409
Sponsored

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The preamble: I have an Alto Blue EB XLT FWD. It has a few add-ons like LUX and 360 packages plus SIBL, tow package and moonroof. The only major add-ons after I got it we're the Ford hard roll up tonneau and tinting the front windows a wee bit darker.

Likes: 99.9 percent of the truck. Works perfect for whatever I need it to do.. hauling people, hauling stuff in the bed, hauling people and stuff in the bed. Good mpg... I have gotten 30 mpg on the highway. Small enough to park like a car.. big enough to carry anything I need to. For the price, well kitted out and functionally versatile. The color... Everyone has their favorites. The Alto Blue looks black.. most people think I drive a black truck... But when the light is right... The blue really pops and sparkles. Pictures don't do it justice. With the hard roll-up tonneau cover I have a very secure "trunk." The bed has plenty of cut outs to add partitions and tie downs to secure bulky stuff. I like the interior... I know that's controversial.. lol... It works for me, comfortable, simple clean design and just a little quirky enough not to be boring.

Dislike: I have to be really picky to say I dislike anything. I would like a better radio design... but.. most of the time I run it with Android Auto so it is pretty much a moot point.

Overall: Dang it... I like this truck. For me... It checks all my boxes. Would I recommend it? Absolutely! I have had zero problems. It has exceeded my expectations. If you are waiting for yours to arrive... You are really going to appreciate it. For those shopping around and still researching... These are far more than just a small truck. Features, versatility and comfort far exceed the cost.

PXL_20220921_222016409.jpg
Dollar for dollar I don't think it can be beat.

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am turning 4000 miles today and had only one tire issue but other than that no issues.
I love this truck. The price for what it does is a no brainer.
I seem to haul something every weekend. Patio stones this weekend.
Can’t wait to see how it handles in deep snow.

Ford Maverick My 10,000 mile XLT review: Would I recommend it? Absolutely! 7CCB3EA8-6AC4-4D82-B879-0840BED880E3

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also Alto Blue XLT Lux, the only issue I have with the truck is the paint itself, like others have reported it is super soft, I've had mine two months tomorrow and I already have two chips down to the metal that I had to cover with touch up paint. It also picks up every speck of dust and dirt. I washed and waxed it real good last week and you can't even tell from all the dust all over it. I might have it ceramic coated just to not have to wash it every week.

Sponsored

First Name
Kendrick Cunningham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Ford Explorer.
Engine
Undecided
I just ordered a Lariat Tremor. Originally I was going to get an XLT , but my wife surprisingly said get what you want.
I think I went overboard lol , but we shall see.
I reserved a Lightening last year , but they are telling me 1-2 years at best.
I was only going to get a Pro, but now with the price increase, I’m not sure.

If I trade my 2016 GMC Canyon now with 120,000 miles, o can get $16-17000 trade so I don’t want to lose that value if I wait two years for the Pro.
I drove by a different Ford dealer yesterday who had a Pro demo and they let me look at it. It’s quite impressive . The lightening pro and Maverick are great values!!! Some of the fully loaded Bronco sports are going for $38-40000 and you can get a Maverick Tremor for 30-38,000 depending on what you want in it.
They are telling me April for the Maverick.
I ordered a Ford Explorer for my wife in October and it came in March. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also have the nearly the same build.
Lux pkg, Tri-fold cover, no sunroof with the CP360.
No major issues, besides the BT issues that are well reported.

The color has grown on me and does pop in the sunlight!

whitef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lost count...about 12.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked my Cactus Grey XLT FWD EB LUX CP360 three months ago as of next Monday. 11,500 miles on the ticker today. No problems. I would buy it again.

One happy discovery. Cactus Grey is a great color if you are ever on gravel roads, or (in my case...cattle feed yards). It can be filthy, but still look okay from 6 feet away.

fbny71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Favio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

PXL_20220921_222016409.jpg
Thanks for this. I'm at 4K and you've captured my sentiment on the truck perfectly!

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a similar build, but with AWD, FX4, 17" wheel upgrade, added soft roll up tonneau and medium tint front windows. Had it ceramic coated (it stays in the driveway, my wife's Explorer and my other toy stay in the garage).

Ceramic coat makes the Alto Blue pop! The sparkle is enhanced and it looks less black, more blue. Easier to take care of since getting the ceramic coat. Dust (desert southwest) is always a problem. I wash it at least every 2 weeks.

Ten months, only 4,100 miles. I've helped friends move, take lots of loads to the donation center, move furniture, Home Depot runs, etc. Easy to drive, does everything I want, easy to park, run errands in. Lots of positive feedback from friends and strangers.

Only drawback is that my gas mileage is not as good as I expected. Mostly around-town/suburban, about 21 mpg overall. But, I have the least economical build possible - lowest gearing, added AWD weight, tires not meant for fuel economy, etc. And, I really enjoy the "boost" part of EcoBoost!

This is the best money I ever spent on a vehicle!

Sponsored

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for taking the time to post this review. Makes me less anxious about trading in my 2019 F-150 that basically gets used as a car. I should get my (dealer ordered inventory) Maverick in November 🤞.

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same Alto xlt fx4 4k 17,000miles zero issues changed out the perellis for Yokohamas 235 /65 /17 other than that? (y)

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are telling me April for the Maverick.
I hope so for you, but that is also what I was told in October 21 for my 22 Maverick Lariat Hybrid. It just shipped and is still a month away from being here.

hikonhui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tundra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am turning 4000 miles today and had only one tire issue but other than that no issues.
I love this truck. The price for what it does is a no brainer.
I seem to haul something every weekend. Patio stones this weekend.
Can’t wait to see how it handles in deep snow.

7CCB3EA8-6AC4-4D82-B879-0840BED880E3.jpeg
What kind of hood protector is that. Did you paint that matt black too?

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was factory ordered. It’s a Ford part. It was one that they discontinued for some reason.
It comes black
Sponsored