Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am at 3,500 on my Alto Blue EXT Hybrid. I like it enough to order a '23 model XLT in the EB to see which one I want to keep. The only negative I have so far is the AC is not cooling adequately. I'm not talking just the first 5 minutes - it just is not doing the job in this Texas heat. I thought it was just me until my son borrowed it and had the same observation. The passenger vent is blowing (somewhat) cool but it is warm coming outside the other vents. Weird I know. Curious if this is just mine .
Mine seems to be working pretty good. I have an EB and I'm also in Texas. It's 98 outside according to my truck. I have my AC set to 76 and it is pretty comfortable. Definitely needs a windshield cover when it's parked. It can get pretty toasty without one.
Sponsored

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm at 4,000 miles in my Alto Blue XLT Hybrid. Averaging 45 mpg on my 40 mile daily commute. Better mpg than my Civic and roomier too. My wife and I have road tripped. I've done two college moves. Rescued some patio furniture from the curb. Hauled mulch. And it also grabs groceries. I realize there are folks who need a big truck, but I am not one of them.

This isn't the color I would have chosen but the opportunity came and thanks to y'all I realized I better grab it. If I could swap it to Cactus Gray or Area 51 it would be absolutely perfect. It has taught me to love washing my car. The payoff is worth it.

I'll agree about the plastics. The spots where the seatbelts hit and the driver side door will probably not wear very well long term. The electronics are meh...but good enough. I mostly listen to audiobooks and podcasts anyway, so I don't need hi-fidelity.

Good luck to all on the wait. And may the odds be ever in your favor!
20220816_084037.jpg

AS far as the seatbelts marring the plastic they touch, a possible solution is to put some felt in those areas. Maybe a black color, or a color to match the interior trim piece it's covering? Blue painters tape might work too, but it wouldn't look as sleek imo

Purduetodd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also Alto Blue XLT Lux, the only issue I have with the truck is the paint itself, like others have reported it is super soft, I've had mine two months tomorrow and I already have two chips down to the metal that I had to cover with touch up paint. It also picks up every speck of dust and dirt. I washed and waxed it real good last week and you can't even tell from all the dust all over it. I might have it ceramic coated just to not have to wash it every week.
How/where do you have it ceramic coated?

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am at 3,500 on my Alto Blue EXT Hybrid. I like it enough to order a '23 model XLT in the EB to see which one I want to keep. The only negative I have so far is the AC is not cooling adequately. I'm not talking just the first 5 minutes - it just is not doing the job in this Texas heat. I thought it was just me until my son borrowed it and had the same observation. The passenger vent is blowing (somewhat) cool but it is warm coming outside the other vents. Weird I know. Curious if this is just mine .
I was concerned about AC performance before the Las Vegas summer hit. That's the main reason I got the tow package with the FX4 package - for the upgraded cooling system. No issues! I'm very happy with it. Blows cold even in city traffic during summer afternoon heat.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For those waiting for a Maverick..

The preamble: I have an Alto Blue EB XLT FWD. It has a few add-ons like LUX and 360 packages plus SIBL, tow package and moonroof. The only major add-ons after I got it we're the Ford hard roll up tonneau and tinting the front windows a wee bit darker.

Likes: 99.9 percent of the truck. Works perfect for whatever I need it to do.. hauling people, hauling stuff in the bed, hauling people and stuff in the bed. Good mpg... I have gotten 30 mpg on the highway. Small enough to park like a car.. big enough to carry anything I need to. For the price, well kitted out and functionally versatile. The color... Everyone has their favorites. The Alto Blue looks black.. most people think I drive a black truck... But when the light is right... The blue really pops and sparkles. Pictures don't do it justice. With the hard roll-up tonneau cover I have a very secure "trunk." The bed has plenty of cut outs to add partitions and tie downs to secure bulky stuff. I like the interior... I know that's controversial.. lol... It works for me, comfortable, simple clean design and just a little quirky enough not to be boring.

Dislike: I have to be really picky to say I dislike anything. I would like a better radio design... but.. most of the time I run it with Android Auto so it is pretty much a moot point.

Overall: Dang it... I like this truck. For me... It checks all my boxes. Would I recommend it? Absolutely! I have had zero problems. It has exceeded my expectations. If you are waiting for yours to arrive... You are really going to appreciate it. For those shopping around and still researching... These are far more than just a small truck. Features, versatility and comfort far exceed the cost.

That's my 10,000 mile review .. and I'm sticking to it!

PXL_20220921_222016409.jpg
I am late to this party, don't want to read dozens of replies. How would you rate exterior/interior fit and finish? What about interior sound levels? Any noticeable squeaks, rattles, clicks, buzzing etc.?

Sponsored

OP
OP
CenTexMav

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am late to this party, don't want to read dozens of replies. How would you rate exterior/interior fit and finish? What about interior sound levels? Any noticeable squeaks, rattles, clicks, buzzing etc.?
Understand this is, by today's standards, a small inexpensive truck. That said, I have no qualms with the fit and finish. Very solid. Noise wise, I have an XLT and it's not the quietest truck out there, but not bad either. With 10,000 miles behind me I haven't had any problems with squeaks, rattles and such. Interior is well designed and seats are comfortable.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Understand this is, by today's standards, a small inexpensive truck. That said, I have no qualms with the fit and finish. Very solid. Noise wise, I have an XLT and it's not the quietest truck out there, but not bad either. With 10,000 miles behind me I haven't had any problems with squeaks, rattles and such. Interior is well designed and seats are comfortable.
Appreciate the feedback. I know the truck will not possess Lexus-like quality. Good to know, at least in your opinion, there are no major gaps or misalignment of body panels. To me, there is nothing more annoying than squeaks and rattles. Such noises are an indicator of poor build quality. I too have ordered an XLT EB.

OP
OP
CenTexMav

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Appreciate the feedback. I know the truck will not possess Lexus-like quality. Good to know, at least in your opinion, there are no major gaps or misalignment of body panels. To me, there is nothing more annoying than squeaks and rattles. Such noises are an indicator of poor build quality. I too have ordered an XLT
EB.
The Maverick really exceeded my expectations. Very solid little truck. Size hasn't limited it so far with anything I've asked it to do. Great bang for the buck.

RobChills

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT FX4 - Area 51, 19' Pacifica LTD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appreciate the feedback. I know the truck will not possess Lexus-like quality. Good to know, at least in your opinion, there are no major gaps or misalignment of body panels. To me, there is nothing more annoying than squeaks and rattles. Such noises are an indicator of poor build quality. I too have ordered an XLT EB.
I haven't noticed any squeaks, rattles, nor misaligned panels...etc. I'm at 10 months of ownership AND came from a LEXUS ;) no regrets whatsoever!

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How/where do you have it ceramic coated?
Some sort of car detailing shop in your area, some auto body shops also do it since it might have a little bit of paint correction that has to happen. Most likely if a place does window tint then they will do ceramic coating, at least in my area.

Sponsored

Top Truck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a 2022 XLT Hybrid in white on June 18th of 2021. It finally came in the 1st week of March 2022. I never dreamed I would be happy to pay MSRP for a vehicle, but at $23,990 I am overjoyed. I absolutely LOVE this truck! Ride, drive, utility, looks---I LOVE it. I check my MPG's for the long haul, no reset. First 5000 miles I averaged 39.1 MPG. Changed the oil and filter and for the subsequent 1500 miles I have averaged 40.9 MPG. I sure hope Ford gets this Hybrid mix thing fixed. BTW, I was a Ford dealer for 48 years; got out in 2008( horrible year). IF you can get one, do yourself a favor and get it!!

Richfrommo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The preamble: I have an Alto Blue EB XLT FWD. It has a few add-ons like LUX and 360 packages plus SIBL, tow package and moonroof. The only major add-ons after I got it we're the Ford hard roll up tonneau and tinting the front windows a wee bit darker.

Likes: 99.9 percent of the truck. Works perfect for whatever I need it to do.. hauling people, hauling stuff in the bed, hauling people and stuff in the bed. Good mpg... I have gotten 30 mpg on the highway. Small enough to park like a car.. big enough to carry anything I need to. For the price, well kitted out and functionally versatile. The color... Everyone has their favorites. The Alto Blue looks black.. most people think I drive a black truck... But when the light is right... The blue really pops and sparkles. Pictures don't do it justice. With the hard roll-up tonneau cover I have a very secure "trunk." The bed has plenty of cut outs to add partitions and tie downs to secure bulky stuff. I like the interior... I know that's controversial.. lol... It works for me, comfortable, simple clean design and just a little quirky enough not to be boring.

Dislike: I have to be really picky to say I dislike anything. I would like a better radio design... but.. most of the time I run it with Android Auto so it is pretty much a moot point.

Overall: Dang it... I like this truck. For me... It checks all my boxes. Would I recommend it? Absolutely! I have had zero problems. It has exceeded my expectations. If you are waiting for yours to arrive... You are really going to appreciate it. For those shopping around and still researching... These are far more than just a small truck. Features, versatility and comfort far exceed the cost.

Sounds like I’ve got the exact truck you have except mine hasn’t arrived yet. On it’s way they say. Question I have for you. The Co-pilot 360 when using that does it keep you in your lane ?

OP
OP
CenTexMav

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sounds like I’ve got the exact truck you have except mine hasn’t arrived yet. On it’s way they say. Question I have for you. The Co-pilot 360 when using that does it keep you in your lane ?
Honestly, I can't tell it has helped me stay in the lane.. however, blind spot detection has saved my butt a few times.. I also had a car slam on its brakes in front of me and my truck reacted really fast... Again keeping me out of trouble. I really appreciate my 360. I don't have the Adaptive Cruise Control (not part of XLT) but folks I have talked to that have it really like it.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live here in Texas and my A/c is great, I would get it checked.

JohnieM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored