athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking forward to getting my bare bones XL EB FWD. Biggest reason I went with Carbonized Gray is I had a previous truck in that color and it didn't show the dust/dirt as much...is it kind of a boring color? Sure. But it does stay looking good a little longer. Good review! Good looking truck!
Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a base XL with only a drop in bedliner in Velocity Blue in October 2021,build date has been moved multiple times from Sept 5 to October 10, maybe a mid-November delivery,2012 Colorado losing trade in value every month, PLEASE Ford make this wait worth it !!!

OP
OP
CenTexMav

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looking forward to getting my bare bones XL EB FWD. Biggest reason I went with Carbonized Gray is I had a previous truck in that color and it didn't show the dust/dirt as much...is it kind of a boring color? Sure. But it does stay looking good a little longer. Good review! Good looking truck!
Surprisingly... Even though my Alto is really dark it doesn't seem as bad as previous black cars I have owned. Maybe it is the blue
glitter... 😉

Alloymaker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt maverick VB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those waiting for a Maverick..

The preamble: I have an Alto Blue EB XLT FWD. It has a few add-ons like LUX and 360 packages plus SIBL, tow package and moonroof. The only major add-ons after I got it we're the Ford hard roll up tonneau and tinting the front windows a wee bit darker.

Likes: 99.9 percent of the truck. Works perfect for whatever I need it to do.. hauling people, hauling stuff in the bed, hauling people and stuff in the bed. Good mpg... I have gotten 30 mpg on the highway. Small enough to park like a car.. big enough to carry anything I need to. For the price, well kitted out and functionally versatile. The color... Everyone has their favorites. The Alto Blue looks black.. most people think I drive a black truck... But when the light is right... The blue really pops and sparkles. Pictures don't do it justice. With the hard roll-up tonneau cover I have a very secure "trunk." The bed has plenty of cut outs to add partitions and tie downs to secure bulky stuff. I like the interior... I know that's controversial.. lol... It works for me, comfortable, simple clean design and just a little quirky enough not to be boring.

Dislike: I have to be really picky to say I dislike anything. I would like a better radio design... but.. most of the time I run it with Android Auto so it is pretty much a moot point.

Overall: Dang it... I like this truck. For me... It checks all my boxes. Would I recommend it? Absolutely! I have had zero problems. It has exceeded my expectations. If you are waiting for yours to arrive... You are really going to appreciate it. For those shopping around and still researching... These are far more than just a small truck. Features, versatility and comfort far exceed the cost.

That's my 10,000 mile review .. and I'm sticking to it!

PXL_20220921_222016409.jpg
I just hit 10,000 miles on mine also. Zero problems. I love this truck!!

Philemon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The preamble: I have an Alto Blue EB XLT FWD. It has a few add-ons like LUX and 360 packages plus SIBL, tow package and moonroof. The only major add-ons after I got it we're the Ford hard roll up tonneau and tinting the front windows a wee bit darker.

Likes: 99.9 percent of the truck. Works perfect for whatever I need it to do.. hauling people, hauling stuff in the bed, hauling people and stuff in the bed. Good mpg... I have gotten 30 mpg on the highway. Small enough to park like a car.. big enough to carry anything I need to. For the price, well kitted out and functionally versatile. The color... Everyone has their favorites. The Alto Blue looks black.. most people think I drive a black truck... But when the light is right... The blue really pops and sparkles. Pictures don't do it justice. With the hard roll-up tonneau cover I have a very secure "trunk." The bed has plenty of cut outs to add partitions and tie downs to secure bulky stuff. I like the interior... I know that's controversial.. lol... It works for me, comfortable, simple clean design and just a little quirky enough not to be boring.

Dislike: I have to be really picky to say I dislike anything. I would like a better radio design... but.. most of the time I run it with Android Auto so it is pretty much a moot point.

Overall: Dang it... I like this truck. For me... It checks all my boxes. Would I recommend it? Absolutely! I have had zero problems. It has exceeded my expectations. If you are waiting for yours to arrive... You are really going to appreciate it. For those shopping around and still researching... These are far more than just a small truck. Features, versatility and comfort far exceed the cost.

Is your screen smaller without FX4 package?

Sponsored

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
question those accessories did you put them on or did you have the dealership or someone else?

Kcht

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

i said the same!!!!

Ford Maverick My 10,000 mile XLT review: Would I recommend it? Absolutely! image

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a similar build, but with AWD, FX4, 17" wheel upgrade, added soft roll up tonneau and medium tint front windows. Had it ceramic coated (it stays in the driveway, my wife's Explorer and my other toy stay in the garage).

Ceramic coat makes the Alto Blue pop! The sparkle is enhanced and it looks less black, more blue. Easier to take care of since getting the ceramic coat. Dust (desert southwest) is always a problem. I wash it at least every 2 weeks.

Ten months, only 4,100 miles. I've helped friends move, take lots of loads to the donation center, move furniture, Home Depot runs, etc. Easy to drive, does everything I want, easy to park, run errands in. Lots of positive feedback from friends and strangers.

Only drawback is that my gas mileage is not as good as I expected. Mostly around-town/suburban, about 21 mpg overall. But, I have the least economical build possible - lowest gearing, added AWD weight, tires not meant for fuel economy, etc. And, I really enjoy the "boost" part of EcoBoost!

This is the best money I ever spent on a vehicle!
Thanks for posting about the enhanced blueness with the ceramic coating! I am having my Alto Blue truck ceramic coated next week.

Quagmyr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also Alto Blue XLT Lux, the only issue I have with the truck is the paint itself, like others have reported it is super soft, I've had mine two months tomorrow and I already have two chips down to the metal that I had to cover with touch up paint. It also picks up every speck of dust and dirt. I washed and waxed it real good last week and you can't even tell from all the dust all over it. I might have it ceramic coated just to not have to wash it every week.
My Alto is ceramic coated, you will STILL have to wash it weekly if you want it to look good. I do not like dark vehicles. Pretty when clean, fugly when not.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Alto is ceramic coated, you will STILL have to wash it weekly if you want it to look good. I do not like dark vehicles. Pretty when clean, fugly when not.
Would you also say that the blueness was enhanced after the ceramic coating?

Sponsored

Quagmyr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would you also say that the blueness was enhanced after the ceramic coating?
I would not say the blueness, but the it is much shinier/glossy looking. The Alto is so dark, most people think it is black, until the sun shies bright. My 23 is a pepper red, if it ever gets built that is. Still optimistic but Ford continually finds ways to ruin a wet dream.

stroli

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat

I have the same truck and have the same feeling about mine as you have yours. I am going with the soft rollup next week installed by Ford. I opted for purchasing accessories on Ford's website with the cheap install fee which is cheaper if you walked into the dealer and paid by the hour. They have to honor the install fee on the web (says dealer parts guy). Can't wait.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm approaching 4,000 miles on mine and absolutely adore it! Like you said, the versatility can't be beat for the price! When I need to use it for pickup purposes, it gets the job done. When it's not being used for pickup duty, it drives just as comfortably as any crossover or sedan. You get the best of both worlds with the Maverick. The one main gripe I have is the very scratchy interior plastics. There's no give to them so I have to be very careful not to touch or rub anything on the plastic panels to avoid scratches. Other than that, it's a great little ute. It'll be a nice companion when our Bronco Sport arrives.

TDazz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Pilot, Blazer, Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm at 4,000 miles in my Alto Blue XLT Hybrid. Averaging 45 mpg on my 40 mile daily commute. Better mpg than my Civic and roomier too. My wife and I have road tripped. I've done two college moves. Rescued some patio furniture from the curb. Hauled mulch. And it also grabs groceries. I realize there are folks who need a big truck, but I am not one of them.

This isn't the color I would have chosen but the opportunity came and thanks to y'all I realized I better grab it. If I could swap it to Cactus Gray or Area 51 it would be absolutely perfect. It has taught me to love washing my car. The payoff is worth it.

I'll agree about the plastics. The spots where the seatbelts hit and the driver side door will probably not wear very well long term. The electronics are meh...but good enough. I mostly listen to audiobooks and podcasts anyway, so I don't need hi-fidelity.

Good luck to all on the wait. And may the odds be ever in your favor!
Ford Maverick My 10,000 mile XLT review: Would I recommend it? Absolutely! 20220816_084037

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am at 3,500 on my Alto Blue EXT Hybrid. I like it enough to order a '23 model XLT in the EB to see which one I want to keep. The only negative I have so far is the AC is not cooling adequately. I'm not talking just the first 5 minutes - it just is not doing the job in this Texas heat. I thought it was just me until my son borrowed it and had the same observation. The passenger vent is blowing (somewhat) cool but it is warm coming outside the other vents. Weird I know. Curious if this is just mine .
Sponsored