First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I admit I should have done more research.

Even though this company is posting as a sponsor and shows an address in California, it is not located here in the US.

I’m not here to tell you whether you should buy from a Chinese Co or not. Hell it’s almost impossible to buy anything that’s not made there these days. But, you should know where it is coming from.

Won’t make this mistake again.

Edit: My experience was a linked buy off their Amazon site and is there I found a California address. ((I have since seen their forum address is China. )
Sponsored

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking at some of their products and wondered why I could not buy direct from them instead of through Amazon. After doing some research, I too found out they were a Chinese company and had no presence in the US except to sell through Amazon. I won't be buying any of their products when I get my Maverick.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not much of a surprise the products are made in China, considering what they are...

Also, the profile attached to the original 9/13/22 company post indicates they are in Hong Kong.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah that was a bit of a known thing. But dont worry almost everything you have is too. If you want a cheap thing delivered cheaply its gonna be Chinese. It really is too bad the US cant reach a deal with China that injects our engineering and standards into their companies in and exchange for exclusive worldwide trade profits being injected into our national economy and GDP. Our country has alot of building knowledge and is well known for innovation and idea building. There is a difference between building and creating. I think we could have a mutually beneficial partnership that leans on us creating and them building. Both win.

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It really is too bad the US cant reach a deal with China that injects our engineering and standards into their companies in and exchange for exclusive worldwide trade profits being injected into our national economy and GDP.
That's exactly what happens when companies do business with China. Everything from cheap plastic junk to high-end stuff like iPhones are made there, with the US company imposing it's own engineering and standards on their partners in China. The profits do indeed get injected into our economy.

Of course China learns and copies products to sell all over the place, just as we learn from other countries and implement what we can here as well.

Just that most other nations' cost of labor is extremely lower than ours- so we will keep exporting work which can be exported.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's exactly what happens when companies do business with China. Everything from cheap plastic junk to high-end stuff like iPhones are made there, with the US company imposing it's own engineering and standards on their partners in China. The profits do indeed get injected into our economy.

Of course China learns and copies products to sell all over the place, just as we learn from other countries and implement what we can here as well.

Just that most other nations' cost of labor is extremely lower than ours- so we will keep exporting work which can be exported.
I guess I am thinking the deal would be better to include a better international patent agreement. As someone who has worked as a temp or delivered goods to or built fence around half of the factories and plants in the Ohio area, while I get that its a big part of the economy and there is a alot that should be made here. Most sensibly anything over 20lbs or at a weight/density ratio that shipping it across the Pacific is a dumb thing to do. Or if the global export of the product is too much greater than the US demand it would be sensible to build it on that continent. My point is we should be working better together, alot of this is on China, but instead of pulling in and saying "Made in USA only!". We could be telling the Chinese people and leaders that it can work better for both of us. Stable growth, good foundations, efficient interconnectivity not based on tribalism. Over simplifiaction for sure, but cant go forward with greed pushing either economic system. Especially not both sides like we have now.

Dont forget vote Maverickman74 for world president 2024 lol!

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Even though this company is posting as a sponsor and shows an address in California, it is not located here in the US.

I’m not here to tell you whether you should buy from a Chinese Co or not. Hell it’s almost impossible to buy anything that’s not made there these days. But, you should know where it is coming from.

Edit: My experience was a linked buy off their Amazon site and is there I found a California address. ((I have since seen their forum address is China. )
When one of my sons was born, I was able too stay with my wife through the delivery.
The nurse handed my son to me I opened his blanket and I looked him over. The nurses and doctors looked at me. I smiled and then I said: "Good no made in China stamp on him!" Then we all laughed! :)

Refrigman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick,1997 Mazda B4000, 1995 Lexus LS400,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Except if they create AND build they get all the profit and don’t need us at all except as consumers! Remember the Japanese auto industry in 1961, then in 1966, then the 1989 Lexus LS400- the million mile car?

Yeah that was a bit of a known thing. But dont worry almost everything you have is too. If you want a cheap thing delivered cheaply its gonna be Chinese. It really is too bad the US cant reach a deal with China that injects our engineering and standards into their companies in and exchange for exclusive worldwide trade profits being injected into our national economy and GDP. Our country has alot of building knowledge and is well known for innovation and idea building. There is a difference between building and creating. I think we could have a mutually beneficial partnership that leans on us creating and them building. Both win.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Except if they create AND build they get all the profit and don’t need us at all except as consumers! Remember the Japanese auto industry in 1961, then in 1966, then the 1989 Lexus LS400- the million mile car?
Yeah but I dont really but into the Japanese quality thing. Anything will last if its cared for. Theres original madel t's out there that have been well cared for and driven many times more than the miles of their contemporaries. And I've personally seen alot of ratty broken down volvos but there is that guy with 2.5 million miles on his or some crazy amount. Not to mention all the American built commercial trucks that last millions. But they are used properly and well cared for.

The chinese given enough width could catch up to the innovative power we have doestically, but the way their resources and population is managed, they are where we were in the 60s. Yes they have pockets of innovation, but overall they have alot of systemic handicaps to innovation and the opportunity for it to grow. As a country they are out of water and out of energy. They have some minerals but not exactly a wealth of anything. They are good at making people, but even that is declining.

Sponsored

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My red flag with this Muslogy was the online splash on this forum in the beginning than hardly anything

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To be fair, they do not hide it. They made post here with a video showcasing one of their products and they were talking Mandarin. Their signature in the forum is also in Mandarin

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
I find most of these comments ironic about Chinese made foreign items in this forum.

The chances are that your treasured Maverick is assembled in Mexico, with lots of cheep plastic and other parts that made in China. Even if your Maverick is assembled in California, it has the same plastic and other parts.

In today's global economy, it does not matter where it's made. Get over it....

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I prefer to buy American made products but it’s not always possible. Musology seems to have good customer service so I will buy from them. I’m fact, I just ordered the mud flaps.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find most of these comments ironic about Chinese made foreign items in this forum.

The chances are that your treasured Maverick is assembled in Mexico, with lots of cheep plastic and other parts that made in China. Even if your Maverick is assembled in California, it has the same plastic and other parts.

In today's global economy, it does not matter where it's made. Get over it....
I only care how much I pay for them no matter who makes them. Of course, quality of a priority too but you shouldn’t ask for much in todays market
Sponsored