First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL I was 46 when I ordered mine. Hope I get it before 48.... I had been shopping for a commuter car. Why not get one that can seat adults in the backseat and handle all the Lowe's trips??????

I haven't owned a Ford since 2004 (my beloved Taurus SHO). My family was always Fords until their first Accord. They spent so much less money and time on repairs they haven't gone back to US cars. I'm hoping Maverick is with us for a long time.
Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not to worry, they didn't. The seats don't go back all the way! o_O
Today as I was leaving Walmart garden center in our maverick, an elderly woman who I’ll guesstimate was in 70s, pulled into a parking space in the most basic XL hybrid in area 51 that I’ve seen with my own eyes lol. It hit me what an incredible spread of customers this truck can be a perfect vehicle for. For her, an affordable truck that is easy to get in/out (not too high, or low), reliable, efficient, versatile, etc.
Good for her! Even granny decided that the Maverick is way cooler than your average Prius!

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m under 44! For another year and a half, at least.
Ford Maverick More than 1/3 of Maverick buyers under 44 years of age. And 60% come from other brands A3F5D612-6718-4BF8-94A6-2F27FB415447

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
42, and traded in my Outback for the Mav. Looks like the got me hook, line, and sinker :D

Krodger277

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
59 when I ordered, now 60 and finally have a Jun 27 build date. Second time I've ordered a Ford before production started, last time was an '82 Mustang GT.

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The dealer I purchased from is next door to an automotive assembly plant. (Not Ford) 3 of the 6 orders in front of me were people from that plant.

Whats that tell you!
The Yugo pick up truck sucks and they know it? :oops: :D

ThisIsBryon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford's Maverick Is A Conquest King, 60% Of Buyers Coming From Other Brands | Carscoops

Ford’s Maverick Is A Conquest King, 60% Of Buyers Coming From Other Brands

Conquest buyers are highly sought-after as once an automaker brings a customer into the fold, it’s easier to keep them buying their products.

With that in mind, Ford is celebrating the successful launch of the Maverick which has been embraced by conquest buyers. Citing data from S&P Global Mobility, the automaker told us that 60% of Maverick customers have come from rival brands. That’s an impressive accomplishment and the company noted they’re pulling customers away from Toyota, Honda, and Chevrolet.

All three brands lack a competitor to the 2022 Maverick, which starts at $19,995 and comes standard with a hybridized 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine producing a combined output of 191 hp (142 kW / 194 PS). More importantly, the model returns 42 mpg city, 33 mpg highway, and 37 mpg combined, which is unheard of for a pickup.

While the hybrid variant is front-wheel drive only, the Maverick’s optional 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder can be backed up by an available all-wheel drive system. The engine increases the base price to $21,080 but that still undercuts larger, mid-size pickups by a huge margin.

Given the affordable pricing, it’s not surprising that Maverick buyers tend to be relatively young. More than a third of customers are under 44 years old and it’s not hard to imagine a number of parents buying the truck for their children.

As for the Maverick’s top markets, they’re California, Texas, Michigan, and Florida. Texas and Michigan aren’t much of a surprise, but California and Florida are notable as previous studies have shown trucks aren’t quite as popular there.
This is exactly what happened to me. Im way younger than 40, and I came from GMC. Truly a remarkable truck, it has just the right amount of bells and whistles.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another Friday the 13th fun fact: 1/3 is also the total number of Maverick orders fulfilled! 😀

jwesterly

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger, next...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"FREEDOM IS.....40+ MPG" is all one needs to understand regarding the switch.

vicmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 37, coming from a 2008 honda ridgeline that had 201k miles. This is the first ford I even thought about owning. Growing up, my dad a 86 bronco as the family vehicle but thats it. Nothing but imports since then.

When news broke about the santa cruz and maverick coming out, i was actually more on interested in the santa cruz. It wasn't until price revieal that made me seriously consider the Maverick. I'm so thankful the santa Cruz was out of my budget because I love my Maverick.

Sponsored

Chawman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2018 Ford Escape 2014
At the age of 69 I’ve been a Ford guy most of my life with a couple of chevy’s I’ve had numerous trucks but never a new one. I picked my Maverick Hybrid Lariat up 2 weeks ago and instantly fell in love with it. Just glad I got it in time to enjoy it. Always loved Fords and I don’t see that changing now. I honestly love everything about it

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 38 and looking forward to getting my Maverick. My wife and kids are also excited! Back in the day I had a few mustangs and jeeps before I had kids!

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I would read that as 2/3rds of Maverick buyers are over the age of 44. The trucks are so popular with the older crowd because they have reached the age that they no longer care what people think about them so they no longer feel the need to have a lifted big full size 4wd truck to back up around their buddies bonfire with the tailgate down, they no longer need to take their girlfriend down a dirt road play music loud while dancing in the moonlight. They no longer need to impress girls with a macho truck as they are now married with kids. They also now have a house payment, bills, responsiblities,saving for kids college, saving for family vacations so they no longer have the disposable income they were when they were younger. So, the Maverick is the perfect truck for many older folks and it’s understandable why 2/3 of their buyers are over 44 years of age.
One of the reasons that crossovers are so popular is that they are about the perfect height for ingress/egress for the average person, as you just slide sideways instead of having to lower yourself down and lift yourself up like in a sedan, and the Maverick is right about at that seat height too.

There are a few things I don't like about my Ram 1500, but a big one is that even with the handles and retractable AMP step, its obviously uncomfortable for my older passengers to get in and out, and that's not nice. So I'd wager that can be a factor too.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

dlorton0844

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chrysler Town & Country
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here we go been waiting for someone to manufacture a hybrid truck just didn’t think ford would be the one. I’m 60+ owned a ford courier for those who don’t know that’s a mini truck then a Chevy s-10 then a ford ranger when they discontinued those lines went to SUV’s always liked the mini trucks. However ordered July 9th 2021 finally got a build date the week of June 27th 2022. Cactus green hybrid, XLT, co-pilot 360, soft fold bed cover, spray in bed liner, moon roof, luxury package protective film hood & fenders, thief hinge lock, all weather floor mats.
My dad had a robin egg blue Courier. So much nostalgia! It was because of that color that I almost considered Area 51 for my Maverick. It just puts me in mind of my dad's truck. Ultimately I went with the Carbonized Gray.
Sponsored