First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Maverick, 1981 Yamaha Midnight Maxim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Added some footwell and under seat lighting to my '23 XLT. I ended up tying them into the exterior cargo area overhead light. Figured they come on every time I have a door opened, and I can turn them on if need be at the switch beside the headlight controls.
I also added under hood lights while I was at it, they are on a switch triggered when the hood is raised.
All lights are LED, either the clear or blue version of the last pic I posted. Bought them on Amazon.

Ford Maverick More lights! Footwell, rear under seat storage and under hood aftermarket lighting added 20230220_144126

Ford Maverick More lights! Footwell, rear under seat storage and under hood aftermarket lighting added 20230220_143948

Ford Maverick More lights! Footwell, rear under seat storage and under hood aftermarket lighting added 20230220_144111

Ford Maverick More lights! Footwell, rear under seat storage and under hood aftermarket lighting added 20230311_145436

Ford Maverick More lights! Footwell, rear under seat storage and under hood aftermarket lighting added 20230311_152627
Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nice! I like it.

Tterrag

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav XLT Cyber BAP ECO (Shipped!)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I really like the idea of having the footwell lights tied in to the bed overhead like that. How difficult was it to wire up? Did you take any pictures of that process?

OP
OP

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like the idea of having the footwell lights tied in to the bed overhead like that. How difficult was it to wire up? Did you take any pictures of that process?
I actually ran the wires from the cargo light down to the passenger side wire raceway when I changed out the rear speakers (many post's on how to remove the rear panels required to do that).

Sponsored

Netgyver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
US equivalent on Amazon For those who are looking to buy on the US side.

I’m assuming these don’t come with ALL the wiring needed and just have two short leads to wire them up.

Where did you get and what kind of wiring did you use to connect them all together with and run through the cab? How did you get the wiring from the inside to the outside/under the hood?

Looks sharp!

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love the under seat storage lights!

OP
OP

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I changed out the rear speakers, (lots of YouTube vids on this) and made this part of the project since a bunch of interior panels were removed anyway. Once rear interior pillar post panels are removed, you just need to fish a wire over the headliner to the interior of the (exterior) cab light.
I will try to post more pics, (and details of other stuff I’ve done). related to work you can do when you have interior panels pulled.

OP
OP

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
US equivalent on Amazon For those who are looking to buy on the US side.

I’m assuming these don’t come with ALL the wiring needed and just have two short leads to wire them up.

Where did you get and what kind of wiring did you use to connect them all together with and run through the cab? How did you get the wiring from the inside to the outside/under the hood?

Looks sharp!
Thanks,

Yes, the lights only come with short leads.. I used but splices to extend them. If it's exposed to moisture I also use heat shrink.
I picked up the wire on Amazon. You can also buy it at an automotive parts and accessory store I'm sure. I used 18 gauge for this project. It was actually a heavier gauge than the wire I connected to so I am comfortable the fuse protecting the circuit will protect this install.
I also always use a wire loom protection that you wrap around the wire. Helps prevent wires getting pinched over time.

Wire
https://www.amazon.com/Electrical-S...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Loom
https://www.amazon.com/Split-Tubing...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Sponsored

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome!! Electrical is my worst skill set. I would love a detailed write up. So cool!!

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Under hood lights you can wire direct to the battery with an inline fuse. Wondering what kind of switch you used on those. Magnetic switch, or a mercury switch? I am also diggin the blue floor lights. Your under rear seat lighting is definitely a mod I planned on doing at some point. Do you have it wired with your bed light switch, or wired battery hot with a switch?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found these on evilbay. I'm considering these for under the hood, and inside the under seat storage compartment. The water resistance, and the aluminum bezel for durability. I am actually thinking red color for the under seat storage, because bright white wrecks your night time vision, and that's when your going to need that lit up when rummaging around in there. I'm also wondering if mounting them to the bottom of the seat frame would be a better idea. This way if your storage compartment is loaded up theres nothing in there blocking the light. I have a tendency to load up these types of compartments. Just some thoughts.

Ford Maverick More lights! Footwell, rear under seat storage and under hood aftermarket lighting added Screenshot_20230426-080003_eBay

Ford Maverick More lights! Footwell, rear under seat storage and under hood aftermarket lighting added Screenshot_20230426-080102_eBay

Ford Maverick More lights! Footwell, rear under seat storage and under hood aftermarket lighting added Screenshot_20230426-080113_eBay

Ford Maverick More lights! Footwell, rear under seat storage and under hood aftermarket lighting added Screenshot_20230426-080055_eBay

OP
OP

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Under hood lights you can wire direct to the battery with an inline fuse. Wondering what kind of switch you used on those. Magnetic switch, or a mercury switch? I am also diggin the blue floor lights. Your under rear seat lighting is definitely a mod I planned on doing at some point. Do you have it wired with your bed light switch, or wired battery hot with a switch?
Mine is a Hybrid, so the 12 volt battery is under the rear seat.
For the underhood light I used a mercury switch, only because I had it laying around. Its tied into the fuse panel at the passenger side footwell. Wire run through the grommet in the firewall on the drivers side.
The under rear seat lights and foot lights are both tied into the rear upper bed light. This way it comes on when the doors are open, and if I want it on longer I can use the dash switch. I probably wont use them much with the dash switch, but if I do I will consider taking the bulbs out of the rear upper bad light. I have a tanneau cover and in bed lights so I wouldn't really miss the upper bed lights.
Sponsored