2.5L Hybrid

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
wow, talk about getting hit when you're already down. It says the last earthquake caused the plant to go offline for a few months. I'm betting there is some very sensitive equipment in that factory that needs servicing and calibration after an event like that.

My Maverick went into production yesterday, my luck it was already slated for a chip hold due to 4k and CP360 and it will sit in the desert collecting scorpions for months. Free scorpions!

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wow, talk about getting hit when you're already down. It says the last earthquake caused the plant to go offline for a few months. I'm betting there is some very sensitive equipment in that factory that needs servicing and calibration after an event like that.

My Maverick went into production yesterday, my luck it was already slated for a chip hold due to 4k and CP360 and it will sit in the desert collecting scorpions for months. Free scorpions!
Scorpions are NOT free, it's now a option.

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bummer, maybe it's time we move away from every part having its own microchip and to a central processing unit, like computers, phones, and just about every other piece of tech out there. One main multicore processor, special made for high temp environments, and a lower power backup for an emergency situation if the main fails.

A standard raspberry pi is more powerful than the system running some cars now days. I know a lot of the chips are special purpose and meant for timing accuracy more than speed but with a little tweeking and work the cpu could be made to focus on these task.

Hell an even better idea would be to have the main computer that handles all none critical functions like, radio, navigation, temp control, ect... and keep the speciality chips in place that handle critical controls like anti-lock brakes and collision avoidance. This would still drastically cut down on the number of chips needed and improve performance of the none critical functions.

Of course I'm mostly talking out of my ass here, I know computers but I'm not as familiar with car computer systems.

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No offense but Automotive News only gives Bad News.
Sure, but in this case, seems reasonable that a major earthquake would cause some level of disruption in plant output. Just sucks that this one also happens to be "... a major Ford chip supplier and one of the largest in the world..."

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A standard raspberry pi is more powerful than the system running some cars now days. I know a lot of the chips are special purpose and meant for timing accuracy more than speed but with a little tweeking and work the cpu could be made to focus on these task.
Much as that'd be a good idea, businesses hide as much as they can behind the veil of "trade secrets." That's a lot of why Open Source hasn't really taken hold- businesses don't want government regulators getting concrete evidence of their anti- competitive practices and nailing them with an anti- trust case.

Sponsored
OP
OP
theway-yay-ting

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't order the lux scorpions, do you think that matters?
Oh well now the TRUTH comes out... you never mentioned these weren't LUX scorpions. Plenty of the LUX scorpions in stock, but the standard scorpions? Get in line, buddy.

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really don't know maybe my August 10 th order hybrid for my daughter will be in sometime around 2024 . And my ego boost order January 14th will be here sometime in 2025 one thing good about both orders are you sure we'll have a lot of upgrades by then LOL

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Man-O-Man (refraining from cussing), we're just getting hit with a storm of normally unrelated inhibitors to vehicle production. From Covid-19, chip shortage and a war to natural disasters exasperating current issues.

I still hope my October-ordered Lariat Lux Hybrid gets build before MY2023 changeover, but my hope is diminishing rapidly. :unsure: 😩
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.