Sponsored

Moonlander Radica - Can the plastic trim where the bed meets the front be removed?

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a short email with Luke from Radica Limited, where I asked how well the Moonlander could work with the Maverick.

This was his response:

"We are still playing around with how we can get it to fit with the curved part of the Maverick bed frame where it meets the cab. We did some fitment tests and the curve in the truck bed gets in the way of the MoonLander extensions. Do you know if this plastic part is removable? We haven't done any testing since that initial test.

MoonLander could work otherwise, but the truck probably will take a decent hit on gas milage with a MoonLander, although it is hard to say how much without real world testing."
Sponsored

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't have a mav to explore. However, from production line video and other photos it looks like you will have a hole into the cab. Might not be what you want... YMMV

Ford Maverick Moonlander Radica - Can the plastic trim where the bed meets the front be removed? 1665259173502

Ford Maverick Moonlander Radica - Can the plastic trim where the bed meets the front be removed? 1665259424781

OP
OP
MostlySafeBear

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have a mav to explore. However, from production line video and other photos it looks like you will have a hole into the cab. Might not be what you want... YMMV

1665259173502.png

1665259424781.png
Thanks. Based on the photos, it looks like the upper plastic cab to bed trim doesn't necessarily have to be there.

I wish there was a way to find out more decisively, like maybe having someone pop the trim off, take photos of stuff like what the trim is protecting (just cosmetic, to avoid scratching the bed up, or is it necessary to seal up holes? Etc)
Sponsored