Sponsored

Missing interior options you wish were available?

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What interior options that are not available that you wish were available?
I will go first.

1) Passenger Power adjustable seat.

2) Center console that can convert into a flat workspace for a laptop.

3) Ventilated cooled seats.
Sponsored

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember guys and gals Ford is trying to keep the cost down to everyone to be able to afford this vehicle. The more gadgets they add the more the price goes up. I think we are getting a real nice vehicle for the price. This is just my opinion on this.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Vinyl floors.

Remember guys and gals Ford is trying to keep the cost down to everyone to be able to afford this vehicle.
Vinyl floors aren't considered an expensive thing but yea it's expensive to allow more options.

Just chatted with someone else who also would have wanted NO carpet.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know that Ford is trying to keep the price down on any trim level other than the base XL. What information is out there that suggests otherwise? It's certainly not the destination fee. And if I want to spend more money on options, how does that affect somebody else that wants a rock bottom price with no options?

Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Options = complexity.

Make a widget in your shop 1 way. Everyone gets that same widget made the same way. Then make another widget with 100 options. Each person you make this other widget for wants a different mix of the 100 options. You'll see there's a lot of overhead with lots of options but 0 overhead by making something the same way everytime.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then you mark up the price for the custom widgets. But the fact that you make custom widgets should not and does not affect the price of your mass produced base widget. In this case the power adjustable passenger seat is not a one-off custom widgets. Ford puts such in many other vehicles including vehicles built on the same basic architecture at the same plant.
Anyway, I'm not buying into the idea Ford is trying to make a low price people's car available to everybody. Sure they're offering such a model, but it does not seem like they are making it readily available and they're not going to stock it on dealer lots.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then you mark up the price for the custom widgets. But the fact that you make custom widgets should not and does not affect the price of your mass produced base widget. In this case the power adjustable passenger seat is not a one-off Ford puts such in many other vehicles including vehicles built on the same basic architecture at the same plant.
The engineering time for extra widgets is in fact very expensive

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, the engineering has been done. Powered passenger seats are not new technology and I'm willing to bet the Maverick gets pretty close to identical seats that go into other Ford products. (Escape as an example)
In many ways the Maverick is nothing more than a Ford Escape with a bed.

Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
1. Power passenger seat and auto dimming rear view mirror would be nice on any vehicle sold with a "luxury package" in 2022.
2. An interior color palette choice on XLT/Lariat that's not terribly ugly would also be welcome.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wireless charger onthe xlt

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, the engineering has been done. Powered passenger seats are not new technology and I'm willing to bet the Maverick gets pretty close to identical seats that go into other Ford products. (Escape as an example)
In many ways the Maverick is nothing more than a Ford Escape with a bed.
you are oversimplifying things and making assumptions off that. Even though the platform is shared with Escape and Bronco sport- some things are unique to each. How do you know an existing seat will FIT in space between the Maverick center console (unique to the Mav) and the passenger door? How do you know the mounting points are already installed in the Maverick floor pan? How do you know the wiring harness has existing attachment points for the seat adjust controls, belt buzzer, airbag, etc? If not there that's a new part # to add to BOM (Bill Of Materials) and any Change to BOM requires system wide revisions of the files. What if the colors and materials are different between Maverick, Escape and Bronco Sport- even if the exact same seat fits seamlessly into the available space in Maverick? There may be vendors/ordering/lead time issues. How do you know Ford didn't already analyze projected purchases on this option and decided it wasn't worth the changes and hassle for the tiny % of people that would want the option stand alone and would not be feasible to include in any existing trim package? I spent a good portion of my career in manufacturing and production in many positions from design through final QA and out to the consumers and can tell you this isn't as simple/easy/cheap as people assume looking in from the outside.

Last edited:

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
you are oversimplifying things and making assumptions off that. Even though the platform is shared with Escape and Bronco sport- some things are unique to each. How do you know an existing seat will FIT in space between the Maverick center console (unique to the Mav) and the passenger door? How do you know the mounting points are already installed in the Maverick floor pan? How do you know the wiring harness has exisiting attachment points for the seat belt buzzer, airbag, etc? If not there that's a new part # to add to BOM (Bill Of Materials) and any Change to BOM requires systemwide revisions of the files. What if the colors and materials are different between Maverick, Escape and Bronco Sport- even if the exact same seat fits seamlessley into the availalble space in Maverick? There may be vendors/ordering/lead time issues. How do you know Ford didn't already analyze projected purchases on this option and decided it wasn't worth the changes and hassle for the tiny % of people that would want the option stand alone and would not be feasible to include in any existing trim package? I spent a good portion of may career in manufacturing and production in many positions from design through final QA and out to the consumers and can tell you this isn't as simple/easy/cheap as people assume looking in from the outside.
Did I post while on Ambien again? Checks user name, nope but it sounds like me. ;)
Sponsored