Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered early September 21 and the dealer told me I should have my truck around Thanksgiving. Which was the hope I'd have it by a mid December trip.

Got the build info for the week before Thanksgiving, then bumped two weeks later and then another week. Was built the week of my trip. Got email it would be there second week of January and it was.

All in all, I didn't think anything about it. But I didn't have the luxury or 360 packages. Was going to get the mud flaps but the dealer told me that's currently on back order and would delay my order if I kept them. So I axed them.
Sponsored

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been waiting almost 7 months now (November 1st Ecoboost order). I've seen similar orders made after mine with build dates and some people have even taken delivery of their trucks.

At this point, Ford should know when our trucks will be built. Period, end of story. If they don't have the supplies to build trucks, they shouldn't be selling trucks. To string people along for almost a year is downright criminal. Its 2022. They should know EXACTLY how long it will take for a truck to be built and how many of each option they can build.

They have the data, they just want us to hold on so we don't buy something else.

Big Blue

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I haven't heard a peep from my dealer since July when I ordered the truck. I knew it would be awhile and I'm not going to bother then asking the same question that I know they don't have the answer to. If you think this is so horrible why haven't you cancelled your order got moved on?

I don't think Ford has done a shit job communicating, I think you have done a shit job of being patient like 100% of the other people on this forum.

Snartman619

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grey Ford Ranger Stx Fx2 Super Cab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow now sure how or why people's experiences have been so different from mine? I ordered my Maverick back on October 13th 2021. Got a confirmation email that ford received my order. Then called my dealership ever few months to check and see all was good. Then got an email from ford on January 27th that my truck was scheduled to enter production on the 14th of March. Then few weeks later got another email from ford stating my truck production was moved back 2 weeks to March 28th. Next email I received was ford on March 29th stating my Maverick had been built. The email also told me that it would arrive at my dealership between April 20th to April 26th. Then got another email from ford on April 1st stating it had shipped. Then on the 13th I got the call that it was in and ready for pickup. I am not trying to brag or anything just listing my experience with ford on the build to order process. For me it seems to have work flawlessly. Wish I could say why some of your experiences have been different. I will say calling up and confirming order status is key. I called Ford and dealership 2 different times to see that they had my order. They confirmed my order.

Snartman619

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grey Ford Ranger Stx Fx2 Super Cab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took 6 months. Alto Blue, Fx4, Xlt, 4k tow, spray in, CP360, Sunroof, and rear Slider. Nothing removed for a faster build date or because of parts constraints.
Sponsored