First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can one of these be used on all Mavericks? Even a base hybrid XL without any tow options ordered?
Simply has to have a tow hitch "receiver", its a no brainer for most to NOT order a hitch receiver on any maverick for $100,,,from others experience it is harder and more expensive to order an after market hitch later...if you don't order a hitch receiver during mfging, subframe parts have to be taken off to add the hitch receiver, or the hitch has to be installed underneath, which is a pain and has to be jerryrigged.

Last edited:

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is the danger of these trucks. There is no frame. It's a unibody vehicle. Very delicate.
Unibody vehicles are actually quite strong. All of the cars with 5 star crash ratings nowadays are all unibody. Ease of repair........that's a different issue.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Simply has to have a tow hitch "receiver", its a no brainer for most to NOT order a hitch receiver on any maverick for $100,,,from others experience it is harder and more expensive to order an after market hitch later...if you don't order a hitch receiver the entire rear plastic bumper is one solid piece and hitch has to be installed underneath, which is a pain and has to be jerryrigged.
Thanks for the info. I guess I will duct tape some bubble wrap on mine lol.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a picture of my 2022 Velocity Blue Maverick before and after being rear ended. Believe it or not, what seems to be readily fixable was deemed a total loss by my insurance company. 😩

tempImageqQBmuV.png

IMG_5355.jpeg
Well if it still drives and you don't have a loan against it I would just paint OUCH by dent in the tailgate and keep on trucking 😗

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't accept that. Tell them you need replacement value so you can replace it or they can fix it.
Except.............if the OP doesn't have replacement insurance then all the demanding in the world is not going to change the terms of the insurance contract both parties agreed to.

And THIS is a huge reason to not pay the stupid ADM that some dealers want. NO insurance company in the world is going to reimburse the owner for the amount over MSRP , even less if not a replacement policy.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As said, good reason for a trailer hitch. I'll be headed to Harbor Freight for one of these today $27 rubber hitch steps....should provide a little protection...hoping it fits in my garage door closes. Plus a bonus trailer hitch lighting.

1664377897363.png
That's actually not a good idea for a Mav. As mentioned above, being a unibody there is no frame. The hitch is mounted to hard points in the rear. The OP being rear ended had the force spread across the rear of his Mav. Running that or any other hitch is going to focus all the energy into one point and cause more damaged rather than reduce it.

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unibody vehicles are actually quite strong. All of the cars with 5 star crash ratings nowadays are all unibody. Ease of repair........that's a different issue.
Good point. What I intended was that there repair was difficult, like straightening a crumpled can. They're totally safe...once.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's actually not a good idea for a Mav. As mentioned above, being a unibody there is no frame. The hitch is mounted to hard points in the rear. The OP being rear ended had the force spread across the rear of his Mav. Running that or any other hitch is going to focus all the energy into one point and cause more damaged rather than reduce it.
I'd put my money on a trailer receiver attached to a steel cross member underneath the bumper that's rated to have a 300 lb hitch weight and pull 2,000 lbs versus a plastic bumper.

I've been rear ended twice with a hitch on, both times zero damage to my vehicle and both hitting vehicles had major damage...to their grills.

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd put my money on a trailer receiver attached to a steel cross member underneath the bumper that's rated to have a 300 lb hitch weight and pull 2,000 lbs versus a plastic bumper.

I've been rear ended twice with a hitch on, both times zero damage to my vehicle and both hitting vehicles had major damage...to their grills.
But it's not a steel cross member. It's folded steel of roughly 18 gauge in thickness. Trust me, it'll bend like origami.

And of those rear end incidents, what kind of vehicles were they?

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for your input. I was leaning towards buying it back, but I was told the insurance is sky high and like you say, the title will be marked as a salvage vehicle. Gonna be a coin flip as to which way to go. I also bought the extended warantee so I will present that to the insurance company also.
Just get liability insurance on it: it's already been totaled ;)
Sponsored