Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just looks like it needs a new bumper and tailgate. Guess there must be frame damage…
There is no frame it's a Unibody. Why would they total that? Going to cost them $40,000 to find
you another one.
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would like to purchase another Maverick but don't know if I can wait 6 months.
Insurer paying over what I paid so I'll come out whole but I had a sweetheart financing deal @ 0% interest.
I wouldn't accept that. Tell them you need replacement value so you can replace it or they can fix it.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Okay…. So the insurance company knows it will be months…. Months of a rental car, big bucks. The insurance company knows parts are few and far between, so big bucks. The insurance company also knows there is no repair books for the auto body repair, again hit and miss and big bucks. Easier to total an unknown. But, if you buy it, get a good shop to fix it and use it, who gives a rats ass what the title says? If your buying it for an investment.. don’t, but if your buying it to keep and it can be reasonably fixed… drive it, be happy and move on. If none of the above, take the money and buy new…. Once it’s fixed, your the only one who knows it was damaged, so who cares. In 10 years the rust and the Ford motor will be both be unrepairable so junk it.
You give it 10 years to be all rusted out? my 99 van is just now showing rust.

Ford Maverick Minor rear ender or total loss? Answer inside. [Updated with underbody photos of damage] 117960262_10157065199126580_4159064100522579479_n

Dpd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 dodge journey,2020 RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As said earlier it is worth it to keep it.Shop around for a repair shop to repair it or just drive it ,you will not notice any change in its handling ,Good Luck

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be buying it salvage off the insurance company. I have owned several "rebuilt" titles, and the insurance did not seem a bit out of line with my non rebuilt vehicles. I'd get it fixed at a shop that does rebuilt title cars.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay…. So the insurance company knows it will be months…. Months of a rental car, big bucks. The insurance company knows parts are few and far between, so big bucks. The insurance company also knows there is no repair books for the auto body repair, again hit and miss and big bucks. Easier to total an unknown. But, if you buy it, get a good shop to fix it and use it, who gives a rats ass what the title says? If your buying it for an investment.. don’t, but if your buying it to keep and it can be reasonably fixed… drive it, be happy and move on. If none of the above, take the money and buy new…. Once it’s fixed, your the only one who knows it was damaged, so who cares. In 10 years the rust and the Ford motor will be both be unrepairable so junk it.
Ever tried to sale a vehicle with a "Salvage Title"....? not easy next month or 6 yrs down the road. I'd definitely pursue the buy back option but only if the settlement money was in your favor. Like in "get a firm committed body damage repair quote", but then shop the smaller body shops for lower quotes.

It varies by each state's laws as to what has to be reported and/or what makes it to "Carfax". If a Salvage Title has to show $10,000, $15,000 in damage repairs...it is a royal pain for the seller. Been there got the T-shirt. My state when totaling a vehicle on a Salvage Titles require an inspection, that can take months, to be able to resale it.

Last edited:

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's ridiculous. Probably because of the lack of parts that it was deemed totaled. There's a Maverick XLT in Area 51 at my dealership that's been sitting there for over a year now waiting on parts after getting rear-ended on the way home from delivery. Except the damage was more severe than this. That's why I get paranoid when on the road because if I get into an accident, even a minor one, chances are the vehicle will be totaled because of the lack of parts to repair it.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ever tried to sale a vehicle with a "Salvage Title"....? not easy
I never mentioned selling it. I suggested the vehicle be fixed and driven for as many years as possible. If that’s not his plan, grab the insurance money and run.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
State law may be in play here. I know in my state, there is a 40% rule. If the cost of the repair exceeds 40% of the value then the insurance company must consider it a total loss by law.

Given the shop said it would cost $25,000 to repair, that far exceeds that amount.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As said, good reason for a trailer hitch. I'll be headed to Harbor Freight for one of these today $27 rubber hitch guard steps....should provide a little protection... certainly not a 20-30 mph impact; hoping it fits when my garage door closing. Plus a bonus trailer hitch lighting.

Ford Maverick Minor rear ender or total loss? Answer inside. [Updated with underbody photos of damage] 1664377897363

Last edited:

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be buying it salvage off the insurance company. I have owned several "rebuilt" titles, and the insurance did not seem a bit out of line with my non rebuilt vehicles. I'd get it fixed at a shop that does rebuilt title cars.
Agreed. About 4 years ago my son’s car got rear-ended at his HS. The repair estimates were higher than the car’s value (imagine that), so the other kid’s insurance company gave us two options: 1) Surrender the car to them for a certain cash settlement, or 2) Keep the car and get a lower cash settlement, and get a “Salvage” title for the car.

We ultimately went with Option 1, but if I were in the OP’s position I would definitely do what I could do to keep my truck

Last edited:

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never mentioned selling it. I suggested the vehicle be fixed and driven for as many years as possible. If that’s not his plan, grab the insurance money and run.
Agreed. You need to accept that you’re going to keep the vehicle as long as possible if you’re going to go the Salvage Title route.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As said, good reason for a trailer hitch. I'll be headed to Harbor Freight for one of these today $27 rubber hitch steps....should provide a little protection...hoping it fits in my garage door closes. Plus a bonus trailer hitch lighting.

1664377897363.png
Can one of these be used on all Mavericks? Even a base hybrid XL without any tow options ordered?

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ever tried to sale a vehicle with a "Salvage Title"....? not easy next month or 6 yrs down the road.
Once fixed and inspected it becomes a rebuilt title. If you keep it 5-10 years value doesn't matter much. You get your value driving it until it's old. by then 30% off retail value won't mean much.
Sponsored