First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
any decent body shop should be able to handle a 1-1/4" bent rear frame for much less than you were told.
one thing to keep in mind is that the collision and repair will be part of your trucks history and will affect your resale value.

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1.2" on a unibody car. I would like to know if there is a slight kink or if the lip of the bed rolled in a bit. I would try to either 1. Try to get a lower repair quote that does not total it. Possibly authorize the use of used parts. OR b. Let them total it BUT base the payout on Actual Value, not the purchase price! Then you can buy back the salvage and restore it as prior salvage. (you may not need repair it first) Then you can either drive it or sell it. If you sell it be sure to disclose the marked title. Remember once totaled the Ford insurance (and any extended warrantee ) is void. If you bought an extended warrantee then present that to the insurance company too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OldGrayHare

OldGrayHare

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma. C7 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are you going to purchase to replace the Maverick?

Is your insurer paying you a fair value for your truck?
Would like to purchase another Maverick but don't know if I can wait 6 months.
Insurer paying over what I paid so I'll come out whole but I had a sweetheart financing deal @ 0% interest.

OP
OP
OldGrayHare

OldGrayHare

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1.2" on a unibody car. I would like to know if there is a slight kink or if the lip of the bed rolled in a bit. I would try to either 1. Try to get a lower repair quote that does not total it. Possibly authorize the use of used parts. OR b. Let them total it BUT base the payout on Actual Value, not the purchase price! Then you can buy back the salvage and restore it as prior salvage. (you may not need repair it first) Then you can either drive it or sell it. If you sell it be sure to disclose the marked title. Remember once totaled the Ford insurance (and any extended warrantee ) is void. If you bought an extended warrantee then present that to the insurance company too.
Thanks for your input. I was leaning towards buying it back, but I was told the insurance is sky high and like you say, the title will be marked as a salvage vehicle. Gonna be a coin flip as to which way to go. I also bought the extended warantee so I will present that to the insurance company also.

OP
OP
OldGrayHare

OldGrayHare

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The payout should be well over what you paid, if you paid MSRP.
That is true,
any decent body shop should be able to handle a 1-1/4" bent rear frame for much less than you were told.
one thing to keep in mind is that the collision and repair will be part of your trucks history and will affect your resale value.
however the bigger question is: How long will I have to wait to get another Maverick?
25k to repair a 19k truck!
YUP.... That is why the insurance company decided to total the vehicle, BTW, can you give the name (s) of Ford dealers who would sell me one at 19K? Will send you a bottle of 18 year old McCallan if I one of your recommendations sells me one at that price.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Your insurance company is just hungry to buy it to sell the parts. Especially after they saw the wait times for the parts yours needed.

belmor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would expect you won't get another Maverick until 2024 unless you pay way over sticker for it. I would buy the salvage and have it fixed. Isn't that bad.

Sponsored

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check out the underside view video from Munro on YouTube -

In it, you can get a good look at the construction of the rear end. I’d be interested in seeing if your spare tire was punctured by the safety device under the bed. The spare tire location is a quick/easy indicator of just how much impact damaged occurred.

Mavman321

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe Schmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My car got totalled out also due to minor damage (mine wasn't a new maverick though) and I bought the car from insurance for scrap value and fixed it myself. I would consider doing the same if I were you. Sounds like you'll be paid over 25k minus 12k scrap to walk away with your minor damaged maverick.

Insurance does not have to be a fortune on your now "totalled" and soon to be "rebuilt" titles vehicle. The value will drop considerably so there's no need for you to have comprehensive insurance on it and you can dial back the collision as well. Just keep up good insurance in case you're at fault for damaging someone else's vehicle

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you try negotiating with the insurance company to show them the market for Mavericks even used? I bet finding one used that isn’t marked up over MSRP is a unicorn in your area like mine and I’d push them to see if they can get close to a current market value on the same trim you have since it may be a wait until you can find a new one.

No harm in pushing them for this, it’s a rare, new model vehicle. Pull some sale ads if they are lowballing you to MSRP to show them comparable ones that sold this year. Worth a shot in my opinion.

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hell, I would take it to an inspection shop to see if it would pass, then keep it as is and drive it that way. Maybe look for a used Tailgate eventually. You're still coming out ahead. Keep the truck and get some cash to fix later.

22XLThybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT hybrid (order July 21)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Insurance companies have been also totally vehicles due to parts shortages and it would take six months to get fixed... but then you also can't get a new one due to parts shortages and a 5 day ordering window for the year. :rolleyes:
Sponsored