First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is scheduled for today, with a tire rotation. 10,600 miles...states I still have 8 percent oil life left.
I just crossed 4k miles and have 750 mile trip to do in 9 days. Original plan was to check tread and rotate tires at 4,000 intervals but due to schedule will delay to 5,000 on first time. I may change oil then if can get free rotation with oil coupon. Do not yet know tread wear pattern on this truck but am preparing mentally for tire replacement 32,000 miles. (Does anyone have tread wear adjustment experience with Ford and what rotation, etc are required by Ford?)
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I go by the "oil life" on the computer...if it shows it has life left...I live it. Full synthetic oil is not cheap and easily out performs dino oil. I'm good with it. 10,600 miles and still life left, but changing it today.
What tires are on yours and have you checked wear difference by tire location?

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thats what I'm afaid of.. although they do put special break in oil and needs to sit in there for awhile.
I did some light google research and could never find a definitive answer about whether manufacturers actually use special break-in oil, or if that's just an old wives tale. In any case, I was past the "break-in period" per the manual so should be no issues (hopefully!)

OP
OP
Grim_Skunk

Grim_Skunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Change it when the truck tells you it needs to be changed. This is very simple.

Asking a dealership what they recommend is like asking your gas station cashier for medical advice. Maybe worse than that, since the dealer has financial incentive for you to change it much more often than necessary.
I get what your saying.. I didn't get an oil change alert yet, but doesnt the dealer set the oil change alert? I'm at 7000KM/4350 Miles and my Ford app says 67% oil life left. The dealer stuck a sticker on my windshield to change oil at 8000KM (5000 Miles).

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get what your saying.. I didn't get an oil change alert yet, but doesnt the dealer set the oil change alert? I'm at 7000KM/4350 Miles and my Ford app says 67% oil life left. The dealer stuck a sticker on my windshield to change oil at 8000KM (5000 Miles).
Ignore what the dealer says or whatever they write on the sticker. The oil life monitor is monitoring all the variables. It will alert you when the truck really needs a change, not when the dealer wants your money.

Sponsored

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the Hybrid owners, I'm curious at what KMs does your dealer want you to make your 1st oil change? 8000KM for me.

Edit: Should have included miles, 8000KM = 5000 Miles.
If I ever get my hybrid MAV I will do 1st oil change at 2500 miles, 2nd oil change at 6000 miles, 3rd oil change at 10,000 miles and every 5000 miles after that. That's just me, I don't do a lot of driving anymore :)
I know that's way too conservative for some people but I feel oil is relatively cheap, engines are not.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I ever get my hybrid MAV I will do 1st oil change at 2500 miles, 2nd oil change at 6000 miles, 3rd oil change at 10,000 miles and every 5000 miles after that. That's just me, I don't do a lot of driving anymore :)
I know that's way too conservative for some people but I feel oil is relatively cheap, engines are not.
Actually, FULL SYNTHETIC is NOT relatively cheap. Most places charge 100 or more for a simple oil change with full SYNTHETIC

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did mine at 1500 so I could install magnetic drain plug.
Did you research drain plugs, did you come up with something specific brand wise? What brand did you end up with?

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you research drain plugs, did you come up with something specific brand wise? What brand did you end up with?
I prefer the Gold Plug brand, AP04

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Change it when the truck tells you it needs to be changed. This is very simple.

Asking a dealership what they recommend is like asking your gas station cashier for medical advice. Maybe worse than that, since the dealer has financial incentive for you to change it much more often than necessary.
Many oil life indicators just calculate via time and mileage, the oil life remaining really does not speak to the quality of the oil at that point. Some actually use opacity, however I would guess that is not the case on the Maverick, but I don't know.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, FULL SYNTHETIC is NOT relatively cheap. Most places charge 100 or more for a simple oil change with full SYNTHETIC
Seems like their pricing structure is "if it lasts x times longer than 3500 miles it's worth x times the $$!".

avane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Impreza 5-dr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I've read and researched (though who knows how reliable the information sometimes), it's good to do the first oil change way earlier than the suggested interval changes. It's even worthwhile to consider doing an oil change shortly after the break in period (1000mile/1600km) because there are some changes there can be some metal debris/shavings from the pistons and other mechanisms settling and you don't want that circulating through the oil for too long.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I've read and researched (though who knows how reliable the information sometimes), it's good to do the first oil change way earlier than the suggested interval changes. It's even worthwhile to consider doing an oil change shortly after the break in period (1000mile/1600km) because there are some changes there can be some metal debris/shavings from the pistons and other mechanisms settling and you don't want that circulating through the oil for too long.
I question the factory oil filter, too!
Sponsored