PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody own or have thoughts on the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires? I am considering swapping factory tires for these.
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't, but I'm intrigued by them. Thinking about putting them on our Subaru Outback. Following here for information.

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't, but I'm intrigued by them. Thinking about putting them on our Subaru Outback. Following here for information.
They appear to get good reviews. Perhaps save me from putting on Winter tires on my Maverick.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I was looking at those last night. Then I figured I didn't need them living in Central Florida.

But I can't find any wheels I like.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They get good reviews but I don't know anyone who has them firsthand. I do know they are a competitor to my preferred winter choice which is the nokian wrg4. Still the best all weather in my opinion. Also general has a new all weather version of the rt43 i'd look into for this category.

Sponsored

TheoreticalReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
The reviews on those seem great, but I don't know anyone that has them. I looked at them a year ago and ended up going with the firestone weathergrip, which were also new with few reviews. Mainly because I got a good price on them.

Like the crossclimates they are all-weather 3 peak tires. On my fwd escape they were great through a michigan winter. Definitely a step up from normal all seasons. And performed great in rain and dry.

Don't know that I'd recommend for a maverick that would be taken off road, need all terrain for durability there. But if you have a fwd or spend all of your time on pavement and live somewhere with moderate snow and don't want to deal with dedicated snow tires these all weather tires are super great.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They get good reviews but I don't know anyone who has them firsthand. I do know they are a competitor to my preferred winter choice which is the nokian wrg4. Still the best all weather in my opinion. Also general has a new all weather version of the rt43 i'd look into for this category.
I’d also recommend the WRG4. I’ve had WRGs on two other vehicles and they were awesome.
For the Maverick I’ll be trying the Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the nokian Wrg4 tires on my impreza. They are amazing.
Looks like the crossconnect 2 get even better ratings. I'll definitely be comparing the 2 more closely once I have my truck at home.

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those WR G4's have a unique tread pattern. Weight of 30lb for 235/65/17.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You might consider Firestone Destination LE3 tires. They have similar ratings to the CC2's but actually have off-road capability and are a little less expensive.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody own or have thoughts on the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires? I am considering swapping factory tires for these.
I am considering BF Goodrich (owned by Michelin bought for making truck tires) trail-terrain a/t center tread is similar to all-terrain, the shoulders reduced to make more highway friendly. Is supposed 3peak snow rated and good in sand (has 12.5/32" tread depth, 60k milage, can get with open raised white letters). I have 70% paved 30% unpaved, and two track driving so figure this is best for me. Just came out in latter part of September so very few reviews. But should be readily available.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
I saw this video in 2017 and put a set of CrossClimate+ on the wife's Sonata at 10K miles because the OE Kumho's were poor in snow, and I didn't want to change tires on a second car. (I had snows on steelies for the C-Max.) I found the CrossClimate+ as much fun to drive in the snow as the Michelin X-Ice3 on the C-Max.

I just bought my sixth set of them, including a set for my car when the OE's get too low for snow.

That said, what are your OEM tires? The Bridgestone Ecopia 422 H/L on mine were a pleasant surprise last winter, providing more than enough traction when new to feel good in the white stuff.

Note that they test 4 tire types. The CrossClimate2 are similar to the "all weather" (Firestone Weathergrip), which was much better than the Ecopia, if not as good as a dedicated snow tire.

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw this video in 2017 and put a set of CrossClimate+ on the wife's Sonata at 10K miles because the OE Kumho's were poor in snow, and I didn't want to change tires on a second car. (I had snows on steelies for the C-Max.) I found the CrossClimate+ as much fun to drive in the snow as the Michelin X-Ice3 on the C-Max.

I just bought my sixth set of them, including a set for my car when the OE's get too low for snow.

That said, what are your OEM tires? The Bridgestone Ecopia 422 H/L on mine were a pleasant surprise last winter, providing more than enough traction when new to feel good in the white stuff.

Note that they test 4 tire types. The CrossClimate2 are similar to the "all weather" (Firestone Weathergrip), which was much better than the Ecopia, if not as good as a dedicated snow tire.
That is good news. I think the OEM on the hybrid are Continental tires, decently rated. I just had the Michelin Xice put on the Mazda yesterday, love those tires. I too don't want to change the tires every 6 months or so. That is why I am looking at these newer 4 season tires.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
... OEM on the hybrid are Continental tires...
I think it varies with wheel size, and perhaps model year. My 2020 has 19's with Ecopia's, a friend's 2021 PHEV has 18" wheels and Michelin (Primacy?). I recall seeing early photos with Conti's, too.
Sponsored