2018 Nissian Frontier Pro 4X

Glen Henrichs

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I’ve driven my Maverick 1k miles. Here’s my review!

CONS
1. The radio antenna has some sort of problem. AM and FM stations have far more static and cut out than any other car I’ve owned.
2. Not Maverick-specific, but I hate auto-start-stop. I wish I could completely turn it off. There’s a button to do so, and also the option in settings. Option in settings should turn it off completely.
3. Middle seat buckle notification — I wish this also lit up green when the middle seat passenger has buckled their seatbelt.
4. For some reason my doors need to be closed pretty hard, as least in comparison to my Tundra.

I do not have the hood bounce issue.

PROS
1. I love how it handles.
2. I love the smooth ride.
3. Plenty of storage for my purposes.
4. My small kids (11, 8, 4) can easily fit in backseat with boosters.
5. Gas mileage is a huge plus. It’s performed mileage wise exactly as I suspected.
6. Seats are very comfortable, even at 5’8 and pushing 290lbs.
7. It towed my utility trailer with no problem. I do not have the 4k tow package.
8. It looks great and i get comments every time I stop somewhere.

I got mine off dealer stock a few weeks ago. I paid MSRP.

Here are some pictures, including last night where it served as transport for 5 kids, my wife, and my friend as we went trick or treating.

98D4A35E-F706-400D-B01B-22A2BDDDD6D0.jpeg

AB08E271-7025-4AD6-9AA1-C040BF61AC3D.jpeg

9CB3812A-A09F-40EE-8DDC-3361CE4028AB.jpeg
I have the exact same truck, my radio wont tune FM stations.

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided

CONS
1. The radio antenna has some sort of problem. AM and FM stations have far more static and cut out than any other car I’ve owned.
2. Not Maverick-specific, but I hate auto-start-stop. I wish I could completely turn it off. There’s a button to do so, and also the option in settings. Option in settings should turn it off completely.
3. Middle seat buckle notification — I wish this also lit up green when the middle seat passenger has buckled their seatbelt.
4. For some reason my doors need to be closed pretty hard, as least in comparison to my Tundra.

PROS
5. Gas mileage is a huge plus. It’s performed mileage wise exactly as I suspected.
7. It towed my utility trailer with no problem. I do not have the 4k tow package.

Here are some pictures, including last night where it served as transport for 5 kids, my wife, and my friend as we went trick or treating.

About the radio, looks like

CONS

PROS

About the radio, I had the same problem. There is an antenna that screws into the fin on the roof . I found mine behind the back seat and when I lifted the seat it fell into the storage compartment. Looks like yours is not installed by what I can see in the photos. Look there.

Papito

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While waiting for my Hybrid Maverick I currently own a 2021 Ranger with the EcoBoost and the auto stop/start was driving me crazy till I found this web site, it may not be exactly the same for your engine but I bet it is, just one wire to simply un-plug, that's it!
Hmm just unplug a simple wire and that's it? Gonna have to try it tomorrow and see. I also really hate Auto Start/Stop.

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I hated the auto stop-start on my BMW X1, but luckily I was able to turn it completely off.
I'm hoping there will be some way to do the same on my new Maverick.
Maybe with the Forscan tool and programming!?
Sponsored