First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I noticed that on a test drive. I believe It could be due to such a solid air tight seal in the cab which is reason so little road noise. I opened the window and tried again for comparison and door seemed to close with much less effort. This is a good thing all the way around in my opinion
Oops, I meant this going to the OP.
Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's good to know there are very little cons and when there is, it's just nitpicky stuff. I get concerned when it involves driveability or quality control. I also love how everyone says the same thing, "it drives so smooth and handles well." To me, those are the most important attributes. It makes me want my Maverick even more! I did get to sit in a couple of base XL's that just arrived at my dealership. I have to say, they're pretty comfortable and well laid out. Still haven't test driven one yet since everyone that comes in is pre-sold. Someday I'll get to drive one but I may just have to wait until my own arrives.

PougueForLife

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Georgetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, as of March 3, 2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
❤ Cactus Gray

Sponsored

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do the XLT wheels blend with the Cactus Gray?

In person I have only seen a CG Ranger so I'm a little nervous that I will not like the wheel color.

Anyone ordering a Maverick really should spend the $100 for the tow package.

This applies to a F150 but should also apply to the Maverick.

How to permanently disable Auto Start-Stop on Ford F-150 - easy method (wheelsjoint.com)

The F150 also has a start/stop disable that you can plug into the switch and another that you can plug into the OBD port. Both should be available for the Maverick as well.

Last edited:

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea, thanks to you and the person above, I had no clue it was missing part of the antenna. They didn't put it on before I drove it off the lot and I can't locate it in the truck. The dealership ordered one for me, so it should be fixed here soon!
I am glad someone spotted the missing antenna. I think dealerships install them at the time of delivery, that was the case with mine. I guess there are people going around stealing antennas off cars in dealer lots. lol

Great review. I noticed the same with my Maverick doors and 2021 F150 doors. The front doors require significantly more force to close than the rears. I thought it is a truck thing, gotta slam those doors shut

Dave S

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do the XLT wheels blend with the Cactus Gray?

In person I have only seen a CG Ranger so I'm a little nervous that I will not like the wheel color.

Anyone ordering a Maverick really should spend the $100 for the tow package.

This applies to a F150 but should also apply to the Maverick.

How to permanently disable Auto Start-Stop on Ford F-150 - easy method (wheelsjoint.com)

The F150 also has a start/stop disable that you can plug into the switch and another that you can plug into the OBD port. Both should be available for the Maverick as well.
Ford Maverick Maverick XLT Cactus Gray 1,000 miles review - pros and cons 99425CC7-3B52-46F7-A30C-DE104134AA04

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The door needing extra force to close has a 2022 peer group.

My partner just traded her 2018 Toyota CHR in for a 2022 Honda HRV. The HRV requires significantly more force than her old CHR, or my 2013 Honda Insight to close the doors.

Maybe it is a fluke, but it is odd both 2022 models have the same issue.

Kentucky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve driven my Maverick 1k miles. Here’s my review!

CONS
1. The radio antenna has some sort of problem. AM and FM stations have far more static and cut out than any other car I’ve owned.
2. Not Maverick-specific, but I hate auto-start-stop. I wish I could completely turn it off. There’s a button to do so, and also the option in settings. Option in settings should turn it off completely.
3. Middle seat buckle notification — I wish this also lit up green when the middle seat passenger has buckled their seatbelt.
4. For some reason my doors need to be closed pretty hard, as least in comparison to my Tundra.

I do not have the hood bounce issue.

PROS
1. I love how it handles.
2. I love the smooth ride.
3. Plenty of storage for my purposes.
4. My small kids (11, 8, 4) can easily fit in backseat with boosters.
5. Gas mileage is a huge plus. It’s performed mileage wise exactly as I suspected.
6. Seats are very comfortable, even at 5’8 and pushing 290lbs.
7. It towed my utility trailer with no problem. I do not have the 4k tow package.
8. It looks great and i get comments every time I stop somewhere.

I got mine off dealer stock a few weeks ago. I paid MSRP.

Here are some pictures, including last night where it served as transport for 5 kids, my wife, and my friend as we went trick or treating.

98D4A35E-F706-400D-B01B-22A2BDDDD6D0.jpeg

AB08E271-7025-4AD6-9AA1-C040BF61AC3D.jpeg

9CB3812A-A09F-40EE-8DDC-3361CE4028AB.jpeg
Perfect color combo! Cactus Gray color, but what about those wheels… are those bright aluminum or black painted?

Another question- I can’t tell from your pictures if this is a Lariat or xlt, but does anyone have an opinion how the desert brown leather seats would look with the Cactus Gray color?

Thanks in advance….

Sponsored
OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Thanks for the real world review. We're about the same height and I'm wondering how you liked the overall fields of vision when cornering left and parking. Is there much of a dead zone created by the base of the front post and mirror?
It's been no problem for me, but I also once owned a Dodge Caliber, the worst fields of vision ever.

OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Perfect color combo! Cactus Gray color, but what about those wheels… are those bright aluminum or black painted?

Another question- I can’t tell from your pictures if this is a Lariat or xlt, but does anyone have an opinion how the desert brown leather seats would look with the Cactus Gray color?

Thanks in advance….
This is an XLT with the XLT lux package

flyfishmich

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
I know on some Chevys the Auto Stop/Start could be bypassed so long as the AC was on. But the trailer harness is a neat idea. Would like to see someone give it a shot!
It can also be overridden in GM products by putting the vehicle in M (then selecting the maximum gear, in the case of the Traverse, 9) instead of D.

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It doesn't stop it forever, you can only turn it off for that particular driving session. Once you turn it off, it'll revert back.
Thanks so much for the reply and information. That certainly clears that up, and at least you only have to turn it on once per drive session, thats helpful.

tsled

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.helibuilder.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray, Hybrid, XLT Maverick
I’ve driven my Maverick 1k miles. Here’s my review!

CONS
1. The radio antenna has some sort of problem. AM and FM stations have far more static and cut out than any other car I’ve owned.
2. Not Maverick-specific, but I hate auto-start-stop. I wish I could completely turn it off. There’s a button to do so, and also the option in settings. Option in settings should turn it off completely.
3. Middle seat buckle notification — I wish this also lit up green when the middle seat passenger has buckled their seatbelt.
4. For some reason my doors need to be closed pretty hard, as least in comparison to my Tundra.

I do not have the hood bounce issue.

PROS
1. I love how it handles.
2. I love the smooth ride.
3. Plenty of storage for my purposes.
4. My small kids (11, 8, 4) can easily fit in backseat with boosters.
5. Gas mileage is a huge plus. It’s performed mileage wise exactly as I suspected.
6. Seats are very comfortable, even at 5’8 and pushing 290lbs.
7. It towed my utility trailer with no problem. I do not have the 4k tow package.
8. It looks great and i get comments every time I stop somewhere.

I got mine off dealer stock a few weeks ago. I paid MSRP.

Here are some pictures, including last night where it served as transport for 5 kids, my wife, and my friend as we went trick or treating.

98D4A35E-F706-400D-B01B-22A2BDDDD6D0.jpeg

AB08E271-7025-4AD6-9AA1-C040BF61AC3D.jpeg

9CB3812A-A09F-40EE-8DDC-3361CE4028AB.jpeg
While waiting for my Hybrid Maverick I currently own a 2021 Ranger with the EcoBoost and the auto stop/start was driving me crazy till I found this web site, it may not be exactly the same for your engine but I bet it is, just one wire to simply un-plug, that's it!
Sponsored