First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another issue with my Maverick 22 today. (only 650 miles on it)

When I stop the car completely, and after I release the brake pedal - the car used to slowly move (as any automatic transmission car). Today, out of the blue, the car stopped moving - so after I release the brake I have to press the gas pedal do move.

In fact - before that (just yesterday) I just needed to release the brake to auto start the engine (when auto stop-start decides is not too cold to work) but now - nothing.

And I can hear a sound of air - like a pump, when I keep stepping on the brake.

I already have a service appintment to deal with the nosy engine - so if someone knows what issue this might be, I can try to not be fooled by Ford.

Did anybody reported the same issue?

TY
Sponsored

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another issue with my Maverick 22 today. (only 650 miles on it)

When I stop the car completely, and after I release the brake pedal - the car used to slowly move (as any automatic transmission car). Today, out of the blue, the car stopped moving - so after I release the brake I have to press the gas pedal do move.

In fact - before that (just yesterday) I just needed to release the brake to auto start the engine (when auto stop-start decides is not too cold to work) but now - nothing.

And I can hear a sound of air - like a pump, when I keep stepping on the brake.

I already have a service appintment to deal with the nosy engine - so if someone knows what issue this might be, I can try to not be fooled by Ford.

Did anybody reported the same issue?

TY
You may have hit the brake hold button (next to the auto start-stop button)

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both of mine do that. I love it!!

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was it on an inclination perhaps? I recently had mine act like the auto hold was on, taking some extra nudging throttle to get moving, but I assumed it was because it was on a sloping parking lot entrance so maybe some sort of hill start assist was kicking in.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was it on an inclination perhaps? I recently had mine act like the auto hold was on, taking some extra nudging throttle to get moving, but I assumed it was because it was on a sloping parking lot entrance so maybe some sort of hill start assist was kicking in.
Hill Start Assist. On an incline, it’ll hold the brakes for you briefly to give you time to apply the gas pedal and roll forward. Comes in handy.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to.../how-does-the-hill-start-assist-feature-work/

OP
OP

maunissan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In fact it happens randomly - sometime I have to keep pumping the brake to release it. Tried to switch on and off but it doesnt seems to work. All good. I have an appoitment and they will probably (I hope) run the update on the brakes software (since it seems there's one available anywaY)
Sponsored