I think I like the rack- running boards are just silly
Sponsored

Reactions: bgn

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I finally got around to watching the video. Not only does Ford seem to have sourced a OEM or licensed retractable tonneau cover... it is also electric :O (see the video at 2 minutes 40 seconds). I have not been able to identify the make of that cover. Retrax, RollnLock, Pace Edwards, Gator, none of them seem to match what is on there. At least nothing that they sell to consumers. So if any of them made it for Ford, then it is a specific/changed model for them. Wonder if they will ever sell it over here as an option. Way too big of a canister, but still interesting that they skipped it out here, where the Santa Cruz has it as an option and is their only competition.

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot of added weight for useless items unless your adding a 3” lift and looking to put roll bar lights on your mav 🤦🏻‍♂️

helderman86

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Maverick on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please tell me that we're NOT going to be seeing Mavericks with 6" lifts showing up for Truck Week here in Daytona. (I would, however, like to see a Maverick with a train horn. Could be fun!)
I was born and raised in daytona beach Florida. When is truck week? Is it start of racing season pre-daytona 500? I only ever knew bike week and biketoberfest!

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was born and raised in daytona beach Florida. When is truck week? Is it start of racing season pre-daytona 500? I only ever knew bike week and biketoberfest!
It's not the start of racing season. Truck Week is a Facebook-invitation to all those near and far within the US to come to Daytona Beach and show off their trucks. Sounds innocent enough, right? Nope...it's insane. Worse than Bike Week, Spring Break and Jeep Beach combined. Check it out on youtube.

Sheila Ness

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I really like the running boards, the pipe rack not so much.

AvianQuest

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I often transport wounded warriors and elderly veterans who would never be able to safely get into my F-150. Even with the Maverick it's just high enough to cause severe strain on joints and ligaments. A running board would be a blessing for sure.

If anyone runs across a good one that has the matching hardware please let me know.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Jobst88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are these rails going to become available to purchase or was this a custom project?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also cool to actually see the running boards. Unnecessary, but cool lol.
Worse than unnecessary, a hinderance IMO reducing ground clearance and because they are so close to the body of the vehicle many will try to step over them and get dirt on their calves from the boards.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also cool to actually see the running boards. Unnecessary, but cool lol.
Even with 2" lift the running boards are unnecessary. The bed rack looks good but it also isn't very useful. It is being held to the bed lip with 1/4 - 3/8" bolts. I am making my roof rack to bolt to the roof and I am in the process of making a roll cage for it, but it is tough finding the reinforced parts of the unibody to anchor it. The roof pillars don't seem to be strong enough and the point where the roof pillars connect, what would normally be the frame, doesn't seem to be strong enough to attach a roll cage.
Really like this truck but it presents some challenges.
Sponsored