Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You won the lottery! Glad it was a simple fix for you.
Maybe. I'm still a bit surprised that the cable would be installed improperly at the factory, yet take 13 months and 11,600 miles before becoming a problem.

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Huh? You just lift up the seat, lift the blue cover and check it.
Yes. I kinda misspoke there. Easy enough to access but in a different place than where would normally expect it. What I meant was it is easier to see it and think to check it when it is in plain sight every time you pop the hood to check fluids or just have a gander at all the wiring wrapped in orange.

The Prius also had its battery located inside the body of the car in the hatchback area. Because it is located inside the car, it meant you were not to use a regular old 12V battery but instead should use a sealed AGM battery. Which of course meant fewer choices and higher cost, an annoyance all its own.

Last edited:

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. I kinda misspoke there. Easy enough to access but in a different place than where would normally expect it. What I meant was it is easier to see it and think to check it when it is in plain sight every time you pop the hood to check fluids or just have a gander at all the orange wiring tape.

The Prius also had its battery located inside the body of the car in the hatchback area. Because it is located inside the car, it meant you were not to use a regular old 12V battery but instead should use a sealed AGM battery. Which of course meant fewer choices and higher cost, an annoyance all its own.
The Maverick Hybrid 12v battery is not AGM, it’s a standard flooded battery with a vent tube...

Sponsored

brucerob62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gmc terrain
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
dumb me i had no idea the battery was under the back seat ive had mine for 5 months

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick Hybrid 12v battery is not AGM, it’s a standard flooded battery with a vent tube...
Interesting. Perhaps Toyota has a higher safety standard for occupants than Ford does then since the batteries are both placed inside with vent tubes To the exterior. Or perhaps research and science have advanced in the past 20 years to show the older style batteries are safe for these applications.

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
dumb me i had no idea the battery was under the back seat ive had mine for 5 months
Yep, that is why the hybrids have less storage under the rear seat.

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up the Maverick this morning and finally looked at the paperwork on it. According to it, the repair tech "found resistance to body ground from 12V battery...inspected and found ground cable can't hold load...removed and replaced 12v battery ground cable." FYI, that cable (part LX6Z10C679C) is listed as $110 MSRP.

Note: I do not know if the negative cable was not properly tightened down at the factory, or if the cable was defective and needed to be replaced. Am simply sharing what information I was given.

One thing I was happy about is that my trip fuel calculations and radio stations all remained set as before.

Last edited:

Morgan33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been seeing my truck is in deep sleep mode for months. I drive a lot so I didn’t worry about it . Mine went dead the a while back . I jumped it . Had all kids of warnings . I trickle charged the batt. And took off my direct wired my dash cam . I can find an issue anywhere else. It hasn’t happened since and I haven’t seen the deep sleep warning . I suspect parking my car in a busy area cause the perimeter recording to draw power constantly all day.

Morgan33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been seeing my truck is in deep sleep mode for months. I drive a lot so I didn’t worry about it . Mine went dead the a while back . I jumped it . Had all kids of warnings . I trickle charged the batt. And took off my direct wired my dash cam . I can find an issue anywhere else. It hasn’t happened since and I haven’t seen the deep sleep warning . I suspect parking my car in a busy area cause the perimeter recording to draw power constantly all day.
Week later update to my self. It’s died 4 times this week I had to buy a jumpstart. It’s two seconds to jump but there’s nothing plugged in . I’ll be at the dealer tommorow. For recalls .
Sponsored