bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good day forum! I'm one of the lucky ones to be scheduled yesterday.

Scheduled for week of March 6th. Seeing how reliable ford has been with scheduling Mavs and the fact that I have to fly across the country and drive it back 2000 miles, it's still going to be a couple months out before I actually see it.

However, I am going to start buying things for my Mav. This is what I have plan to buy:

- Wireless Android Auto (Whatever is the cheapest on Amazon)(But I hear Motorolla MA1 is good, does it really make a difference what I get?)

- Designed-to-fit Weather Mat (Whatever is the cheapest on Amazon)(Unless, there is already pre-established good rand of Weather Mats,

- Tonneau Cover (Whatever is the cheapest on Amazon)

- Ceramic Tinting (When I come back to Colorado)(Is it actually different from normal tinting?)

- Line-X (When I come back to Colorado)

- Tailgate letters (Sue me, I want to show off my mav)

I'm not looking to crazy mod the truck. Just the basic things I might need. Fender Flare because one at work all the time, and there is a tiny gap (not the semi circle cavity), where it seems is a great place for salt to get in and cause rust.

Anyone got anything to add? anything to avoid? suggestions?

edit: Also, I am debating dealer to put on OEM fender flares. Are they worth it? My mav is going to be 99% commute vehicle. Just because I hear trucks are very prone to rust on the fender area.
Sponsored

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Little piece of advice, don't buy anything for your truck until it's in your possession.

I was issued given a VIN almost 6 months ago that turned out to be someone else's truck and mine went undelivered. Others had their orders cancelled and pushed to 2023 and their incentives and price protection went out the window.

Also, some dealers are scummy and will push unwanted add-ons and last minute markups. Ordering hundreds of dollars of accessories before you take delivery just shows them that you are less willing to walk if they pull these kind of games.

Unless you have key in hand, don't think of your truck as your truck.

(sorry if I'm being pessimistic. I've been waiting since November of last year and Ford screwed me out of a great interest rate and my truck is costing me more for less options than I originally ordered it for)

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Little piece of advice, don't buy anything for your truck until it's in your possession.

I was issued given a VIN almost 6 months ago that turned out to be someone else's truck and mine went undelivered. Others had their orders cancelled and pushed to 2023 and their incentives and price protection went out the window.

Also, some dealers are scummy and will push unwanted add-ons and last minute markups. Ordering hundreds of dollars of accessories before you take delivery just shows them that you are less willing to walk if they pull these kind of games.

(sorry if I'm being pessimistic. I've been waiting since November of last year and Ford screwed me out of a great interest rate and my truck is costing me more for less options than I originally ordered it for)
Sorry to hear that. Good advice. I totally understand you being pessimistic.

Maybe I'll just grab the android auto and work on the others when I make it back to Colorado.

Thanks!

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tailgate assist is a must as well.

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

That's sage wisdom. I've been itching to get some items....but have pumped the brakes just because of some of the posts I've seen here on the forum. I have a delivery date of Feb. 13-19 and I'm STILL not convinced it's going to happen. Pessimism can save you a couple of bucks!

Sponsored

Puckitup27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Lux, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This might be a silly question but I drive a 2008 Escape so give me a break for a minute.

I thought when a car has Android Auto/Apple Carplay that your phone just connects wirelessly through bluetooth to the radio and transmits music/gps etc without needing to buy or do anything else?

You need to still buy something for this to work?

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personally, I had a bad experience with the Motorola MA1. I probably got a lemon unit, but I could never get it to work. AAwireless has worked flawlessly for me, however.

On a tonneau, I wouldn't just buy the cheapest on Amazon. There are many different styles and levels of quality. Do some research and figure out what kind will probably work best for you, and don't be afraid to pay a little more for a nicer one - buy once, cry once as they say. Also, reach out to the RealTruck rep here on the forum - he can get you a better deal than advertised on their website

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This might be a silly question but I drive a 2008 Escape so give me a break for a minute.

I thought when a car has Android Auto/Apple Carplay that your phone just connects wirelessly through bluetooth to the radio and transmits music/gps etc without needing to buy or do anything else?

You need to still buy something for this to work?
Only newer/more expensive cars/head units come with wireless AA built in. Older and/or cheaper units require that you plug the phone in - but you can buy addon wireless adapters for $100 or so

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@bioned aren't you the soldier that was getting the runaround from your dealer? It looks like you two must have come to some agreement. I am happy for you. I would listen to the previous poster and pump the brakes on the larger items until you get the truck.

@Puckitup27 The maverick radio supports AA and Apple carplay but you need a usb cable to connect your phone to the radio.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@bioned aren't you the soldier that was getting the runaround from your dealer? It looks like you two must have come to some agreement. I am happy for you. I would listen to the previous poster and pump the brakes on the larger items until you get the truck.

@Puckitup27 The maverick radio supports AA and Apple carplay but you need a usb cable to connect your phone to the radio.
It wasn't my dealer giving me issues. It was his manager they refused everything and was adament that they don't want to do courtesy delivery. So I have to either fly to NY ans drive down to CO ir have it delivered commercially for extra 1k. Regardless, thank you! My sitiation is a bit unique, because dealer is very helpful and military friendly, but his manager very anti-military.

I'll def pull the brakes til I get the truck.

Puckitup27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Lux, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks guys for the clarification on Android Auto

Dale F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will say please do NOT purchase any items for your Maverick until you receive the vehicle. From experience, I ordered fender flares from Real Truck. I received them just over 30 days prior to receiving the vehicle. When I went to install them I realized that someone had purchased them prior and scratched them, kept some parts and returned the rest. I could not return them because it was over 30 days.

HIGHvoltage22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, 2007 Nissan Titan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're better off to wait on some stuff because you will be getting Ford pass points for buying the truck that you can use towards accessories available through Ford. It seems like when you buy any new Ford, you get 42,000 Ford pass points which (at least at my dealer) translated to $210 worth of credit. I got notified through the Ford pass app that I received the points about a week after getting the truck.

I put the credit towards a hood deflector and roll up tonneau (really nice, has Ford logo embossed in the vinyl). Just know that you likely will have $210 to put towards something you want, but only after you take delivery.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We bought a motorhome years ago and went through the "what should I buy for it until it arrives" syndrome. Turns out about half the stuff we thought we needed, we didn't, some ended up not fitting and others wrong color or just didn't match. Not going to repeat that mistake.

So don't buy anything until you have the truck in hand.
- you might not get it when you think and return window might have closed
- after you get the truck some things you thought you needed are not that important
- you might find a better deal or a better brand after you have driven it for awhile
- dealer might include some items (floor mats)

I would also suggest you rethink your emphasis on "cheapest on Amazon". Cheapest is rarely the best value IMHO. Especially with mats and tonneau cover. But that's your call.

One thing you can do to scratch that shopping itch is put things in your shopping list on Amazon. Then when the truck arrives you can revisit those items and see if they still work for you.
Sponsored