First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick had its first oil change and tire rotation today at Ballentine Ford, Greenwood SC. Cost was 67.56, but I used 13,523 Ford Pass Points, leaving me a balance of 28,488 points. In other words, I will get three oil changes and tire rotations for the points. Most Toyota models come with a Platinum Package for $699 which includes two oil changes and four tire rotations plus an exterior "paint sealant". I believe my clay bar and sealer for about 50 dollars will at least equal the "paint sealant". I feel like I am getting an extra oil change at Ford and saving about 650 dollars in the process. Hey, do not get me wrong, I have had overall tremendous success with Toyotas in the past: it just burns me up to have no choice on that package if I buy.

I am considering getting the Ford Pass credit card which gives you 11,000 more points (almost another oil change) and a one-hundred-dollar credit after your first purchase. Use it once or twice and put it away.
Sponsored

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Platinum Package paint sealant sounds like something that is probably added by the regional Toyota distributor. If memory serves, all Toyotas now come with Toyota Care, which gets you free oil changes at 10k and 20k, tire rotations at 5k and 15k, within the first two years. My Toyota service writer also told me they would do a third tire rotation under the plan, but only within the first 24 months and only before the car hit 25,999 miles.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am considering getting the Ford Pass credit card which gives you 11,000 more points (almost another oil change) and a one-hundred-dollar credit after your first purchase. Use it once or twice and put it away.
I got an offer in the mail last week for the Ford Pass credit card which offered the points and credits that you mention. It seemed like a good deal so I went on line to apply. Entered all my information and applied.

The screen said they would consider my application and let me know the result in 2 or 3 weeks.

A month ago, I applied for a new credit card from PenFed Credit Union. It took them less than one MINUTE for approval. They even provided card data so I could use the new account before the card arrived in the mail.

I see a pattern here! For anything that should take a minute, an entity related to Ford will take two weeks.
Sponsored